Cartoon Series DVD's + Blu's

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
A thread for discussion of cartoons we grew up on, cartoons we don't remember or cartoons from the future!
Whether they be DVD or Blu, post'em in the comments and I'll try my best to update the OP.

:dvd:

Dungeons & Dragons: The Complete Animated Series $5.99 (Amazon FSSS/prime)

Gargoyles: The Complete First Season (1994) $16.49

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero: Complete Collectors Set $87.49 (Amazon FSSS/prime) For what it's worth this set actually looks kind of cool...

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series (2010) $6.49
Newer version?

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete First Season $11.49
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Second Season $11.99
Older Version

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice: The Complete Animated Series $6.95

Legend of Zelda: Complete Animated Series $23.99/$22.21 (Amazon FSSS/prime or from marketplace) A little expensive for 13 episodes, but "... excuse me Princess."

Ren & Stimpy - The Complete First and Second Seasons $17.49 (Amazon FSSS/prime)

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century 7.99$ (Amazon/FSSS)

Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection $10.35 (Amazon FSSS/prime)

Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection One: Blue Lion (1986) $9.01
Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection Two (1986) $7.67
Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection Three (1984) $5.75
Voltron: Defender of the Universe, Vol. 4 (Tin Case) $6.06
Voltron, Vol. 5: Defender of the Universe-Black Lion $7.99

Also, a link to the official Nickelodeon thread Ding!

I wikified this thread now! I realized that there was no way for me to keep up with every single cartoon in existence, so if you know a good deal, just add it to the OP. Please try and keep to the general format though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Capocci 007']I wish the Disney sets would be released in full, for e.g., Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Duck Tales...

Would love to snag those.[/QUOTE]

Yea. And Exo-Squad.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Well... I'm going to take that as a yes?[/QUOTE]

No, there is no dedicated thread to cartoon series.

[quote name='seether254']No, there is no dedicated thread to cartoon series.[/QUOTE]

Would anyone like me to do something similar to what I have started doing up top?

[quote name='Capocci 007']I wish the Disney sets would be released in full, for e.g., Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Duck Tales...

Would love to snag those.[/QUOTE]

Me too. It still pisses me off how the current releases aren't complete. At least my costco still has plenty of copies of all of them for 9.99 a piece right now.

One show I'd really like a complete box set of is Tiny Toons

[quote name='Talgrund']The full series is on Hulu, but it's not the same as watching on a regular tv.[/QUOTE]

I know, I just want to have them. I wish I didn't tape over them with Spiderman/X,Men/who knows what else.

Index the different series in the OP. It'll help me keep track of what I have lol.

Also put a link to the Nick one in the OP also.

^^^^ Why do we get the weak ass openings for stuff lol.

[quote name='Mako1215']Index the different series in the OP. It'll help me keep track of what I have lol.

Also put a link to the Nick one in the OP also.

^^^^ Why do we get the weak ass openings for stuff lol.[/QUOTE]

How exactly would you like it to be indexed? As in, what do you think would be the best way?

Just saw this on a website I've started to go to daily. Had no idea there was an Earthworm Jim series..but I'll buy it for sure!

EarthwormJim_Complete.jpg

[quote name='The Punisher']Great idea OP!

Anyway, does anyone know if they made Ronin Warriors?[/QUOTE]

Finally someone who knows what RW is. I'd love to get my hands on this in a proper rerelease. I can't fathom paying the $400-$600 asking price for the book boxset.

A few months ago I caved in and bought the Samauri Troopers version off eBay.

[quote name='Twizz']Finally someone who knows what RW is. I'd love to get my hands on this in a proper rerelease. I can't fathom paying the $400-$600 asking price for the book boxset.

A few months ago I caved in and bought the Samauri Troopers version off eBay.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered if Kento was rock hard.

[quote name='elessar123']I've always wondered if Kento was rock hard.[/QUOTE]

Lol, Hey-Oh!

[quote name='Twizz']Finally someone who knows what RW is. I'd love to get my hands on this in a proper rerelease. I can't fathom paying the $400-$600 asking price for the book boxset.

A few months ago I caved in and bought the Samauri Troopers version off eBay.[/QUOTE]

Love this show (bought it locally for $65 a couple of weeks ago) and would love to see a proper re-release like Funimation's Slayers and Right Stuf's Utena, so people can stop getting screwed over by $600 boxsets and crappy bootlegs.

Also, flippy discs suck.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Love this show (bought it locally for $65 a couple of weeks ago) and would love to see a proper re-release like Funimation's Slayers and Right Stuf's Utena, so people can stop getting screwed over by $600 boxsets and crappy bootlegs.

Also, flippy discs suck.[/QUOTE]

They need to do it for Higurashi too =(

[quote name='Kazaganthi']

Can't seem to find full seasons not just individual volumes of: Duck Tales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, or TaleSpin.[/QUOTE]

That's because it used to be that new episodes of animation are often added on a rolling basis, and didn't break up easily into seasons.

Those Disney animation "volumes" -- Ducktales, Gummy Bears, Rescue Rangers, Tail Spin, and Darkwing Duck -- are all weighty collections with a lot of episodes in each one, although as far as I know none ended up with the final volume necessary to complete the series.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']$6.95 :dvd:King Arthur and the Knights of Justice: The Complete Animated Series
Don't you judge me!

$6.49 :dvd:He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series (2010)
Newer version?
$11.49 :dvd:He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete First Season
$11.99 :dvd:He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Second Season
Older versions?

$16.49 :dvd:Gargoyles: The Complete First Season (1994)
Too bad there will never be the full season 2 on DVD :(

$9.01 :dvd:Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection One: Blue Lion (1986)
$7.67 :dvd:Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection Two (1986)
$5.75 :dvd:Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection Three (1984)
$6.06 :dvd:Voltron: Defender of the Universe, Vol. 4 (Tin Case)
$7.99 :dvd:Voltron, Vol. 5: Defender of the Universe-Black Lion

Can't seem to find full seasons not just individual volumes of: Duck Tales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, or TaleSpin.[/QUOTE]

It's cool if I post this in the OP right?

edit: Updated OP, every price is within a dollar.

You guys are forgetting so much more.

I've gone to comic book conventions and have picked up dvd bundles of my favorite cartoon shows that were copied from the tv. They are unofficial but shows I have were the Laugh Olympics, Go-Bots, Hulk Hogan's Rockin 80's cartoon, few others.

Here's some gems you guys are missing.

Pirates of Dark Water
27.99 Amazon/FSSS

Exosquad Season 1 10.15 Amazon/FSSS

Bravestarr 11.99 Amazon/FSSS

C.O.P.S Volume 1 5.49 Amazon/FSSS

C.O.P.S Volume 2 5.49 Amazon/FSSS

Highlander Complete Animated Series
9.99 Amazon/FSSS

This might pique someone's interest, but since you mentioned Voltron......I would recommend getting Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3 of Go-Lion. They are about $30 each from Amazon/FSSS. Go-Lion is the original uncensored version of Voltron that was aired in Japanese. Warning, it is in Japanese with English subtitles. So if you don't like to read....

FYI - "Pirates of Dark Water" is one of the WB Archive's Manufactured-On-Demand titles. There's a lot of great animation there (Including "Thundarr the Barbarian" and the original 60s "Inhumanoids"), but you might be better off getting them from WB Shop when there's a sale or a coupon -- Amazon doesn't usually offer much of a discount.

Warner Archive Collection: Animation

anybody else watch Dragon Ball Z Kai? i was a huge fan of the original when it was airing on cartoon network's toonami block. ive been buying the sets as theyre released on bluray. its good but not as great as i remember. im definitely glad most of the filler's been cut out but even as a "condensed" version of Z, its just way too slow.

[quote name='masterchief2291']anybody else watch Dragon Ball Z Kai? i was a huge fan of the original when it was airing on cartoon network's toonami block. ive been buying the sets as theyre released on bluray. its good but not as great as i remember. im definitely glad most of the filler's been cut out but even as a "condensed" version of Z, its just way too slow.[/QUOTE]

You're description is wrong. It's not a condensed version of "Z".
"Kai" starts from the invasion of the Saiyans. This version will be re-edited to hew more closely to Akira Toriyama's original story, so the story's development will progress all the faster!
The opening and ending songs will be completely renewed!! -- The opening and ending songs will together be made anew! Furthermore, in "Kai", the background music will be newly recorded.
Through digital processing, the image will be made vibrant!! -- All the grime, damage and noise remaining on the "Z" film will be removed! In HD, the image will be even clearer. We've carefully made the ultra-powerful "Kai" world even more impressive!
An all-star voice cast will record the lines anew!! -- The original main cast, centered around Masako Nozawa as Son Goku, will reunite. They'll breathe life into the characters again, to support their appeal!!

[quote name='Rexall']You're description is wrong. It's not a condensed version of "Z".
"Kai" starts from the invasion of the Saiyans. This version will be re-edited to hew more closely to Akira Toriyama's original story, so the story's development will progress all the faster!
The opening and ending songs will be completely renewed!! -- The opening and ending songs will together be made anew! Furthermore, in "Kai", the background music will be newly recorded.
Through digital processing, the image will be made vibrant!! -- All the grime, damage and noise remaining on the "Z" film will be removed! In HD, the image will be even clearer. We've carefully made the ultra-powerful "Kai" world even more impressive!
An all-star voice cast will record the lines anew!! -- The original main cast, centered around Masako Nozawa as Son Goku, will reunite. They'll breathe life into the characters again, to support their appeal!![/QUOTE]

i wanted to talk about kai, not read whats written on advertisements. besides dont you think i would know all that, having watched all the episodes thus far?

[quote name='masterchief2291']i wanted to talk about kai, not read whats written on advertisements. besides dont you think i would know all that, having watched all the episodes thus far?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you didn't make that one bit clear.

Besides I think you need to spend more time proofreading what you write.

anyways back to more cartoons
I saw SilverHawks Vol 1 at Walmart for either $5 or $10. Still cheaper than the $13 at Amazon

[quote name='Rexall']Nope, you didn't make that one bit clear.

Besides I think you need to spend more time proofreading what you write.
[/QUOTE]

how was i unclear? i posed a question, stated my opinion and then elaborated. you replied with something that you, more than likely, copied and pasted from amazon.

you might mean well, but youre coming off as a troll

For the record, I copied it from the torrent I hosted a long time back

You still need to spend more time proofreading what you write. I feel like I'm responding to a 10 year old with the way you write your threads.

I mean let's go back to what you wrote:
"im definitely glad most of the filler's been cut out but even as a "condensed" version of Z, its just way too slow."

outside of failing grammar school.....how is Kai too slow? The original DBZ was slow as molasses. Hell I used to sit there with the fast forward button on my vcr, just waiting for Piccolo, Gohan, or whoever was fighting to do something.

Now I've explained myself, in better grammar too. I'd like to consider myself done and go back on topic.

kthnxbai

[quote name='grundy']Are those Voltron DVDs the tins are just the regular cases?[/QUOTE]

3, 4, and 5 (Green, Red, and Black Lions) should all be Tin cases. I'm not sure about 1+2 though.

I got 3+4+5 specifically because they are Tin cases. At the time I couldn't confirm 1+2 were, so I didn't order those. But they don't "stack" at all since the lion art is out-dented. And inside the Tin case are normal dvd cases that barely fit. The corners of the inside dvd cases are all worn. But for the price I didn't care, great deals.

[quote name='Rexall']For the record, I copied it from the torrent I hosted a long time back

You still need to spend more time proofreading what you write. I feel like I'm responding to a 10 year old with the way you write your threads.

I mean let's go back to what you wrote:
"im definitely glad most of the filler's been cut out but even as a "condensed" version of Z, its just way too slow."

outside of failing grammar school.....how is Kai too slow? The original DBZ was slow as molasses. Hell I used to sit there with the fast forward button on my vcr, just waiting for Piccolo, Gohan, or whoever was fighting to do something.

Now I've explained myself, in better grammar too. I'd like to consider myself done and go back on topic.

kthnxbai[/QUOTE]

congratulations. you win the internets. i hope you enjoy belittling people. i come into a thread hoping for a friendly discussion about the show im currently watching and instead i get insulted for no particular reason. who cares if my sentences arent all grammatically correct? this is a site for finding and talking about deals, not an ivy league university. so get off your fuck ing pedestal. youre nothing special

kthnxbai

HA! A "fucking pedestal"... I want one!!

It certainly brings a new meaning to the phrase "getting it up"!

**thread officially bombed**

[quote name='Kazaganthi']
$16.49 :dvd:Gargoyles: The Complete First Season (1994)
Too bad there will never be the full season 2 on DVD :([/QUOTE]
The rumors are flying around again about Disney releasing the remaining episodes of Gargoyles. I'm not going to chase a link down, but I read it recently on Shout Factory's forums. I actually picked both volumes up from a 50% off sale at B&N on the off chance that they actually release them this year.

[quote name='Cage017']Went through the circular ads and didn't see this advertised for new release Tuesday:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases/Regular-Volume-Release/11868

IMO, the best new show to appear on Cartoon Network in the past two years (going on three).[/QUOTE]

I love Regular Show, but I'd hold out for complete seasons rather than 12 random episodes which is what they've released. It's especially vexing since Season 1 is only 12 episodes anyway. I can only imagine they're trying to make a quick buck off kids (is this really a kids' show??) before releasing season sets. Especially since that's what they did with Adventure Time.

Speaking of which, yeah, Adventure Time Season 1 is finally coming out July 10 at $26.95 MSRP. So bought.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The rumors are flying around again about Disney releasing the remaining episodes of Gargoyles. I'm not going to chase a link down, but I read it recently on Shout Factory's forums. I actually picked both volumes up from a 50% off sale at B&N on the off chance that they actually release them this year.[/QUOTE]

o.m....g... no fing way!!!! I would KILL for them to release the final half of season 2 .. been killing me that they didn't complete the series

[quote name='wormraper']o.m....g... no fing way!!!! I would KILL for them to release the final half of season 2 .. been killing me that they didn't complete the series[/QUOTE]

There's actually a third season as well, but it was created without Greg Weisman, so a lot of people don't think of it as a legit part of the series.

I'd like to see it on DVD for completeness' sake, but just that second half of Season 2 would complete the essential series.

[quote name='Woodlands']There's actually a third season as well, but it was created without Greg Weisman, so a lot of people don't think of it as a legit part of the series.

I'd like to see it on DVD for completeness' sake, but just that second half of Season 2 would complete the essential series.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I don't really lump season 3 in as canon but I wouldn't mind having it either on dvd. but getting the 2nd half of season 2 would be enough to make me happy.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/5179/thread.aspx
There was another, longer thread but it got deleted. Please ignore the second post and keep reading :D.

It also seems that Mill Creek acquired the rights to release Garfield & Friends, although I think the old sets are all still readily available.

Edit: Huh, I guess Garfield is more expensive than I thought. I guess it has been a couple of years since I picked them up for under $10.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I love Regular Show, but I'd hold out for complete seasons rather than 12 random episodes which is what they've released. It's especially vexing since Season 1 is only 12 episodes anyway. I can only imagine they're trying to make a quick buck off kids (is this really a kids' show??) before releasing season sets. Especially since that's what they did with Adventure Time.

Speaking of which, yeah, Adventure Time Season 1 is finally coming out July 10 at $26.95 MSRP. So bought.[/QUOTE]

If it can work for Adventure Time, then I have no problem paying $10 (less if Toys R Us carries it in time for their B1G1 40% off DVD/ games deal) to make it happen for Regular Show. I just hope the next release has "Free Cake".

bread's done
Back