Case that holds DSLite, charger, and a whole bunch of DS and GBA games?

Rusty Ghia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've got a case that can no longer contain my growing game collection. Anyone know of a good case that can hold a DSLite, charger, and a goodly number of DS and GBA games?

I highly, highly recommend Nakiworld's G-Pak for the DS. It's such a fantastic case that holds 30 DS games, 6 GBA games, a DS, charger and accessories as well.

Gamestop carries them for $19.99, which I'll admit is a steep price for a DS case, but I was glad when I bought mine since it's such a reliable case. Nakiworld also offers a lifetime warranty with their products. If it doesn't hold enough DS games for you (which is sometimes my case), I use these to hold extra DS games that fit into the extra spot in my G-Pak.

There's a nerf case out there that also holds the dslite, charger, and I'd say about 12 games I don't know if I'd holds gba games though. Anyways I have been eyeing it myself bcause it seems to hold everything very tightly but I have been a little leery of how sturdy it can be given that it is made out of nerf material?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for even more game storage. I have 14 DS games and about 24 GBA games.

The problem are the GBA games, my current case can't hold them all. Maybe I should look for a GBA case with lots of room for games instead.

SL4IN had the right idea - you need a G-Pak by Nakiworld.

I actually use the PSP G-Pak (available at Gamestop). It's fairly large and I currently have the following in mine:
  • DS Lite System
  • At least....64+ games, all in individual 3-DS-cart cases like SL4IN linked to
  • AC Adapter
  • Car Adapter
  • Headphones
  • At least 14 GBA games (the front pocket alone can hold around 16)
  • Screen cleaner
  • DS Headset
  • Wireless PC Adapter
  • Numerous other small things: Additional DS card cases, soft DS sock cover, etc

It's basically full to the brim, but I doubt some people will have some of the accessories I have, so that would free up more room. Plus with less DS games, you'll easily fit more GBA games.

It's actually large enough that I fit a NDS14 case inside it, which is where the actual system and adapter are. The advantage with this is that if you need to take fewer things with you quickly (say, for a day or two), then you can just take that smaller case, which holds the system/AC adapter/at least 4-6 of each game cart.

If I should post up pictures, lemme know.

Yes. I am OCD about cases and organization. You don't even know.

That PSP G-Pak sounds like a good idea. I checked, and none of my local Gamestops have them, and it's not available for purchase from their online store. I'll look elsewhere for one.

As for the NDS14, I'm familiar with it. I bought one for my nephew a long time ago, but it didn't hold enough so I bought him an NDS15, which I currently have. I really like it, but like I said, my GBA collection won't fit anymore.

[quote name='Strell']Yes. I am OCD about cases and organization. You don't even know.[/quote]

So I take it you're in the Velcro-your-cords club too?

You can't even imagine, fellow SK'er.

I mean, it annoys me to play Smash sometimes, since that's the one game I use a wired controller with.

[quote name='SL4IN'] If it doesn't hold enough DS games for you (which is sometimes my case), I use these to hold extra DS games that fit into the extra spot in my G-Pak.[/quote]

I've used those cases too but stopped after I picked up some of these from Amazon during their BF weekend sale. It holds up to 16 DS games.

This case from Penguin United is also good. It holds 24 games. It costs $11.99 (IIRC) and comes in and out of stock from PU. They sometimes have a coupon for 20% off (I think it's 20%). I've picked up 2 of these (1 white and 1 black).

Supar old bump, but I took pictures to show off what the PSP G-Pak can hold. So if anyone wants a virtual tour of just how OCD I am when it comes to game transportation and organization, I have brought you a seven week feast:

Here's just a simple shot of the outside of the case:

DSPSPCase1m.jpg

It has a large outer pocket that can hold several GBA sized games. In my picture, there's actually 2 of the plastic "hold 3 carts" containers, and then six loose GBA carts (one of which is an oversized Drill Dozer cart). There's probably room for another few carts in there. Let's conservatively say fourteen at max, though you could probably squeeze slightly more.

DSPSPCase2m.jpg

*Note: One of the thicker carts with the ...erm, rotation control (Yoshi's Topsy Turvey, Warioware Twisted) wouldn't fit in there. But I have a solution for that.

I only include this picture to show that with the outside pocket closed, it doesn't look like it is bulging or anything, and the case overall retains a slim figure:

DSPSPCase3m.jpg

Now we open'er up. You can see that there are three divisions in the main pocket. Nakiworld includes these felt/velcro dividers that can be freely moved around. I actually think I've taken a few smaller ones out, leaving the larger/longer ones to make three separate sections.

DSPSPCase4m.jpg

As you can see, on the left is the smaller DS (NDS14 I believe) case I mentioned in my post a while ago. That holds my DS, extra stylii, a few games, and a little Kirby sleeve case. I stress that I really like modularity, so if I need only a few games and the adapter, I can take this little case, and even if I only need the DS, I can slip the Kirby sleeve on it and take just it. Basically I can take as little or as much as I want in any situation:

DSPSPCase5m.jpg

Here's a shot of the DS out of the little case and to the side of the pack, purely for size comparisons. You can now see the little Kirby sleeve I was talking about also.

DSPSPCase6m.jpg

In these shots, in the middle, you'll see a row of the little "holds 3 DS cards" cases you can get from Best Buy or something. All counted, there are 22 in there. So 66 games. There's even room for...maybe 1-2 more I imagine. In the right section, I've got the bare essentials: a wall charger, a car charger, and one of the headsets.

On the top flap of the case, there is a sort of....well, since this is originally a PSP case, it's meant to hold UMDs, so it's sort of like a CD visor you might see in someone's car. I don't really find much use for it. You CAN remove it, but then it leaves some velcro stripes, which I don't think looks good. (You ought to be able to tell by now I'm a little OCD about this stuff.) However, I can put things like....manuals, maybe a printed out list of Friend Codes, screen cleaners, extra wrist straps, screen wipes, extra screen protectors, etc. Basically anything very thin.

DSPSPCase8m.jpg

So at the least you can hold 70 DS games (including the four in the NDS case), a system, several GBA games, and requisites like chargers and extra sleeves.

For fun, here's some additional pictures of what it looks like when I cram everything in.

DSPSPCase7m.jpg

In that picture, I've added a set of headphones, some additional DS card cases (that's what the Metroid/Samus thing is), and there's even another one behind the row of 3-card cases that holds a few more. Counting up, it's an addition 8 games worth of storage, so we're up to 78 games now. Additionally, in the right compartment, I've added a screen cleaner, some thin Sharpie pens (I like to keep them on hand), a Warioware Twisted! cart, a GBA-specific wireless adapter (used mainly with the GBA Pokemon games) and a wifi USB adapter.

And here's a picture of all of those things sitting out on the floor, just so you can get a good idea just how much the case can hold:

DSPSPCase9m.jpg

So, overall, this thing can keep track of a TON of stuff, as well as allow you to pick and choose just how much carrying capacity you need for different situations. I imagine the newer DS stuff like the Guitar Hero controller would fit in just as easily, though I don't have one, so I can't confirm that.

All told, here's the final tally, going from left to right:
  • 22 holds-3 DS Games Cases
  • 2 holds-3 GBA Games Cases
  • NDS14 case holding:
    • DS Lite System
    • DS Lite Neoprene Kirby Sleeve
    • 4 DS games
    • Several styli
  • 7 additional GBA games (one oversized Warioware, one oversized Drill Dozer)
  • DS Headset
  • DS Lite Wall Charger
  • DS Lite Car Charger
  • Sharpie Pens (I use for various notes)
  • Screen Cleaner (the little boxy thing above black pen)
  • GBA Wireless Adapter
  • Samus/Black DS Card Game Cases (another 8 total)
  • Headphones

Total DS games: 78 (66 + 4 + 8)
Total GBA games: 14 (6 + 6 + 1, includes oversized carts)

So, in short, this baby holds all you could want, and in a nice tight package. It's about....oh, maybe the size of one of those old 64 CD cases, if you want a comparison.

This is all my suggestion, of course, meaning that you can put other stuff in there entirely. Someone could take a few DS Lites with them if they wanted, for example. Hell, I imagine you could even get a PSP in there right alongside it, and still have plenty of room for accessories for both.

At any rate, G-Paks are my favorite cases for all my traveling needs, and this one is really a no-brainer considering just how well it can be efficiently utilized.

Well...I think that should do it. Thanks a lot, Strell. The closest Gamestop that has any in stock (they're OOS online) is in San Francisco. Fortunately, I'm going to Wondercon on Saturday and the Gamestop is really close to the Moscone Center. I'll try to get one then.

I got the PSP G-Pak as recommended by Strell. The damn thing is GINORMOUS! It's large enough that I could probably use it for my both DS and PSP collection.

bread's done
Back