Cases for 3DS XL

Fuzzibunny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone seen any accessories for the XL yet? :bouncy:

I know its not out in the US yet but sometimes they will push out some cases or other stuff before the system is released. Thanks in advance

[quote name='GohanX']I picked up a Pull N Go Folio made for the DSiXL, it fits the 3DSXL quite nicely.[/QUOTE]

This! I have the one designed for a PS Vita & loved it so got one for the 3DS XL also. Was looking for a case that can store the AC adapter & wasn't too bulky. It helps there's a detachable inner case (holds 2-games) for the times I don't need to bring the AC adapter with me. I got extremely lucky & got it for $5 because wally world still had the clearance price tag they were suppose to remove in May so they honored that clearance price (currently, it's $18). The velcro strap on the inner case flap was off by ~0.25" (since the 3DS XL length is in between a DSi & DSi XL) so I cut a piece of foam (similar to the one included to store a DSi but I didn't use it) & stuffed it in there so now the velcro strap lines up perfectly. I highly recommend this product for both consoles!

Oh I am ALL OVER that Hori case. I have the same product for DS/DSL and I love it. A pocket for random stuff like AR cards and cleaning cloths, storage for a few game carts, and it's a nice sturdy case. No reason to think this XL version won't be just as good.

I'll wait when play-asia gets some of the new 3DS LL cases in stock. I tend to always like the Japanese brands more than the ones offered here in the states. Hori and Key Factory are among my favorites. It looks like only the black hori case will make it to the States. I'm also waiting for some type of Hori TPU case as well.

Usually takes about a month to see items out for a new console. I guess they need to figure out how many units were sold and what to send out.

[quote name='pjgamer007']I know this is not a case, but just saw this on Amazon recently, never heard of them before:
http://www.skinomi.com/nintendo3dsxl.html

Did a little searching, but have not seen pictures of one of these actually installed on a 3DS XL yet. Seems nice, but a little expensive.[/QUOTE]

Here's a review of it.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/31542

Personally, I'd rather just use screen protectors and a case. I think it does look pretty sharp, though.

XL Hori case came in today. Quality is top notch. Upper area has three pockets for games and a big pocket in the back which can hold AR cards or even 3DS games if you don't mind them being loose. Case seems hard to enough to survive a backpack or messenger bag.

If that case is like my DSL case (I ordered one too, but it won't be here till Wednesday) you can actually squeeze 2 carts per "pocket". I kept my DSL in it in my backpack commuting to college via public transportation and both it and my DSL are prestine (which is why I got the "same" case for my 3DSXL)

bread's done
Back