Castle Crashers - Out now!

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder if the Level 256 glitch still exists in the PSN version.[/QUOTE]
Is that something in addition to the boomerang glitch?

Also, are weapons and animal orbs shared between characters on the same account?

[quote name='Jodou']Is that something in addition to the boomerang glitch?

Also, are weapons and animal orbs shared between characters on the same account?[/QUOTE]

Neither he boomerang glitch nor the 256 glitch work. Yes they're shared.

Edit, Also max strength air juggling does the most damage by far.

the cap is 99. archery isnt really needed in normal play through. in insane, its good to have 1-2 archers firing arrows against all the enemies. red knight with its lightning magic is pretty vital(you get the most hits with this magic than anything in the game, including the bow).

you can level up pretty quick fighting the big black guy at the end of thieves forest. since he will infinitely respawn those little black guys, you can constantly fight those. ive already gone up 5 levels (75 to 80) in 1 fight.

I've come to the conclusion that this game just doesn't work online unless you're with people you know. If you can even find a game, I think the longest playtime I had tonight was five minutes before everyone quit. Half of that time was everyone jockeying for control of where to go FFS. I want so hard to like this game, but there's just so many little things I wish I could change.

I can't imagine why they unlock the map based on whomever has cleared the most. Such horrible design considering new players (or characters) get thrown in over their head without leveling properly in the early stages. I was just trying to level my industrialist to see how well the saw works and was constantly on my back from getting one-shot. I shouldn't have to grind solo or wait for a friend to level properly.

Hit detection could be done better as well. I just don't feel in control of the combat because all too often I swing and miss. I think this is partially why I've taken to the bow so much, because if I miss there's time to recover and adjust my position. It's not the worst ever, but I should be able to feel confident with each attack.

Hopefully more good players start playing this, otherwise I probably won't last a week. :\

I'm looking for people to play with. Been trying to unlock more characters. So far I've beaten it with Green Knight, and the two that unlock from beating it with him. Gotten the open mask grey knight from insane mode too. Unlocked all but peasant from arenas too

[quote name='Jam424']I'm looking for people to play with. Been trying to unlock more characters. So far I've beaten it with Green Knight, and the two that unlock from beating it with him. Gotten the open mask grey knight from insane mode too. Unlocked all but peasant from arenas too[/QUOTE]

I'd play but the online play is broken... Can't join or host games.. Get a message "session no longer available".. I hope they fix the online play of this.

You can get a game, it just takes a while but half the time you'll get kicked. Then, once you do finally get a game, people 99% of the time fight on where to go and after five minutes everyone quits. It's the worst designed MP game I've ever seen with regards to zero sense of direction. I finally gave up and just played solo to get something accomplished.

Do NOT waste your money on this game unless you have a solid crew of friends to play with. Even then, I doubt most people will play this past a week.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Blue knight is a boss. Freezing people in the competitions for a kiss is full of win.[/QUOTE]
He's pretty OP, but I want to get my fencer up and see how I fair in PvP.

Holy fuck is insane mode tough! All of the normal enemies have an ass load of HP and they can kill you in a few hits. Probably doesn't help that I've been trying to go it alone...

you can only get by in insane mode alone to a certain point. lava world and industrial castle are pretty much impossible alone. the desert on insane is a nightmare.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you can only get by in insane mode alone to a certain point. lava world and industrial castle are pretty much impossible alone. the desert on insane is a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. I've gotten to the Cyclops layer so far. I have to equip the animal and weapon that give me the most defense and use 5 potions just to stand a chance. The hardest part is that the enemies take so long to kill that you die just trying to thin out the herd.

I'll have to try some on-line multiplayer with some people that have made it thru the game once.

EDIT: I tried Industrial Castle earlier today. Even with the highest defense I can get those buzzsaw knights right at the entrance kill you in about 3 hits (I'm using the Green Knight at around level 70).

If anybody wants someone to play a few games with, I'm here for you. lol.

I got my green knight to lv.30, but I haven't played as much because it gets to be boring playing alone.

I think I'll be using Hawkster for insane mode, since he just helped me beat the peasant arena. His tool-tip states that he attacks downed enemies and he does to the tune of 1 damage as long as they're down, but what it fails to mention is that he retrieves FOOD from every corpse you make. It's random what food he pulls and I haven't got a roast beef from him yet, but that's not to say he can't.

[quote name='Jodou']Anyone want to trade-win arena matches for the trophy tomorrow? It's not like I suck; nobody fucking plays it. :\[/QUOTE]

Yeah, almost every time I try to play the arena it tells me there's no matches available. So far I've played I think a total of three. I did a treasure hunt, a normal melee fight, and one where you grab chickens to fight as the "roided out" knights.

[quote name='Jodou']I think I'll be using Hawkster for insane mode, since he just helped me beat the peasant arena. His tool-tip states that he attacks downed enemies and he does to the tune of 1 damage as long as they're down, but what it fails to mention is that he retrieves FOOD from every corpse you make. It's random what food he pulls and I haven't got a roast beef from him yet, but that's not to say he can't.[/QUOTE]

When you get into insane mode the little bit of food that hawkster brings you won't make much of a difference. The enemies can do too much damage with each hit and he brings you the little food items most of the time like the cherries or bananas that don't give you much back anyways.

Also WTF is with the prices in the insane store? How the fuck are you supposed to save up $6000 a pop for those items? Are they gearing up for some sort of PSN "enhancement" to the game? Something like "pay us $5 and we'll give you 10,000 gold".

[quote name='Chitown021']Also WTF is with the prices in the insane store? How the fuck are you supposed to save up $6000 a pop for those items? Are they gearing up for some sort of PSN "enhancement" to the game? Something like "pay us $5 and we'll give you 10,000 gold".[/QUOTE]
Hehe, Industrialist/Fencer and the first boss of Wizard Castle will net you 1K+ in minutes. I just got my Animal Handler trophy last night in maybe 25 minutes of grinding.

[quote name='Jodou']Hehe, Industrialist/Fencer and the first boss of Wizard Castle will net you 1K+ in minutes. I just got my Animal Handler trophy last night in maybe 25 minutes of grinding.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I might have to give that a shot. Only problem is I'll have to build that character up and get him to that point in the game.

Though I really doubt it, has anyone found the glowstick
250px-Glowstick2.jpg
or unlocked the Wizard Minion yet? I'll trade any weapon(s) you need for it, since it's the best magic weapon in the game IMO.

Crap! I guess I have to beat the game with the blue knight to get the industrialist, then go back thru to do the money grind you were talking about. I've only beaten the game with the green knight so far.

Oh and how do you get the conscientious objector trophy? I guess do you just play a multiplayer match and let everyone else kill the enemies?

[quote name='Chitown021']Oh and how do you get the conscientious objector trophy? I guess do you just play a multiplayer match and let everyone else kill the enemies?[/QUOTE]
It actually took me three tries to finally get it, so I think it's very specific conditions:

1) Both players must be starting a new character, so that you begin the game from the start (i.e. the party room in Home Castle)
2) The player not attacking must be present when advancing (i.e. if they get KO'd, revive them)
3) The obvious part that player one must not attack anything (I found sticking a quarter in the L2 button worked well since I did this solo)

I did this solo with two controllers and it popped after beating the barbarian boss. I don't know what of the above is true other than #3, because the first two times it didn't register and I was using leveled characters. I have a feeling that once a character has beaten the level, the trophy will never pop for them if they attacked something their first game. Just follow those instructions and it will pop first try for you, though.

Thanks for the tip Jodou! I'm going to give that a try!

Your technique worked like a charm! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Though I really doubt it, has anyone found the glowstick
250px-Glowstick2.jpg
or unlocked the Wizard Minion yet? I'll trade any weapon(s) you need for it, since it's the best magic weapon in the game IMO.[/QUOTE]

I have the glowstick.

[quote name='Jodou']1) Both players must be starting a new character, so that you begin the game from the start (i.e. the party room in Home Castle)[/QUOTE]

I got the trophy when using a new character (non-attacker) and a level 20 something character.

I've beat the game with the green night, working my way through on the blue night so that I'll have at least two options for insane. I know when some of us tried to play the other night, not all of us had beat the game with unique characters.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
I know when some of us tried to play the other night, not all of us had beat the game with unique characters.[/QUOTE]

That would just be you, GreenLobstah.

Count me in for insane mode! I think I've beaten the game with 2 or 3 characters so far and at the end with at least 2 others.

[quote name='Jodou']So once you enter insane mode, can you switch back?[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can go back and forth as much as you want.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yep, you can go back and forth as much as you want.[/QUOTE]
Figured that out when I decided to just go for it. Soloed my way up to Tall Grass last night and it's really not that hard so far. In fact, most of my deaths have been from stun-locks, which is just bad design TBH. I hear the place most people get stuck is the Industrial Castle, which is understandable given the mob they throw at you on the damn elevator. Personally I found Lava World far more annoying and difficult to solo on normal, simply because of the mini-boss fight.

FYI, I don't ever use potions to try and boost difficulty. This includes insane mode. :twisted:

[quote name='Jodou']Figured that out when I decided to just go for it. Soloed my way up to Tall Grass last night and it's really not that hard so far. In fact, most of my deaths have been from stun-locks, which is just bad design TBH. I hear the place most people get stuck is the Industrial Castle, which is understandable given the mob they throw at you on the damn elevator. Personally I found Lava World far more annoying and difficult to solo on normal, simply because of the mini-boss fight.

FYI, I don't ever use potions to try and boost difficulty. This includes insane mode. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Then you truly are insane! :hot: The only way I've been able to make it thru some levels is with 5 potions. When you say "stun lock" do you mean the horrible timing where an enemy knocks you down then they get in a pattern of attack/ arrows to where they hit you just as you're getting back up? That annoys the crap out of me especially on insane were you can't take that many hits to begin with...

What's with this "you got kicked" crap? Do the people that start a match have the ability to kick people out at will? I've been getting kicked all afternoon just trying to get one game of on-line multiplayer in.

[quote name='Chitown021']Then you truly are insane! :hot: The only way I've been able to make it thru some levels is with 5 potions. When you say "stun lock" do you mean the horrible timing where an enemy knocks you down then they get in a pattern of attack/ arrows to where they hit you just as you're getting back up? That annoys the crap out of me especially on insane were you can't take that many hits to begin with...

What's with this "you got kicked" crap? Do the people that start a match have the ability to kick people out at will? I've been getting kicked all afternoon just trying to get one game of on-line multiplayer in.[/QUOTE]Nah, those situations I can just magic-jump out of. For example, the Wedding boss on the organ can knock you down, then spin attack while you're getting up. All I could do was watch my life drain to zero. Other times I'll just get pinned by two enemies on either side and instead of knocking me down, I'm stun-locked til death. Pretty annoying having to start the level over just because of bad luck.

Yes, the host can kick players and it happens to me a lot for w/e reason. Probably because people are tards and don't make their game private, so they need room for friends. It's also how people spread the 256 glitch on 360, so I'm glad we don't have that on PSN (yet?).

[quote name='8bitArtist']what lvl are you jodou? cuz to beat lava world solo with no potions... well, im just calling bullshit.[/QUOTE]
I'm still working on a strat to beat the organ boss on insane. I can get him down to 20%, but sometimes he cheats and just evades my bow somehow. If you don't get him in a stun-lock quick, it's lights out since he hits for 250 a swing. I've only made like 4 attempts on him though, so it's probably bad luck.

I'm 62 now and I think soloing Lava World would be pretty easy except for the skeleton part. I did try one attempt at the Industrial Castle online and it's not that hard if you have a decent group. We were doing pretty good our first try, but after wiping on the elevator people started leaving. Pretty stupid TBH.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm still working on a strat to beat the organ boss on insane. I can get him down to 20%, but sometimes he cheats and just evades my bow somehow. If you don't get him in a stun-lock quick, it's lights out since he hits for 250 a swing. I've only made like 4 attempts on him though, so it's probably bad luck.

I'm 62 now and I think soloing Lava World would be pretty easy except for the skeleton part. I did try one attempt at the Industrial Castle online and it's not that hard if you have a decent group. We were doing pretty good our first try, but after wiping on the elevator people started leaving. Pretty stupid TBH.[/QUOTE]

It took me several tries and all 5 of my potions but I finally beat the organ boss on insane (solo). I was using the green knight and I would knock him down using a poison shot while he was coming at me. Once I got him on the ground I was able to lock him up and beat him. I think it was a pretty lucky shot b/c in that last phase he starts moving super fast.

I've also gone thru and beaten the game on normal w/ the blue knight and got the industrialist to the final boss area so I can grind the painter boss for some cash for the insane shop.

[quote name='Chitown021']It took me several tries and all 5 of my potions but I finally beat the organ boss on insane (solo). I was using the green knight and I would knock him down using a poison shot while he was coming at me. Once I got him on the ground I was able to lock him up and beat him. I think it was a pretty lucky shot b/c in that last phase he starts moving super fast.

I've also gone thru and beaten the game on normal w/ the blue knight and got the industrialist to the final boss area so I can grind the painter boss for some cash for the insane shop.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my mistake was not using my splash attack as a primer, then going for aerial juggling with the bow. Somehow he can break out of those, though so it's not a surefire method.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm still working on a strat to beat the organ boss on insane. I can get him down to 20%, but sometimes he cheats and just evades my bow somehow. If you don't get him in a stun-lock quick, it's lights out since he hits for 250 a swing. I've only made like 4 attempts on him though, so it's probably bad luck.

I'm 62 now and I think soloing Lava World would be pretty easy except for the skeleton part. I did try one attempt at the Industrial Castle online and it's not that hard if you have a decent group. We were doing pretty good our first try, but after wiping on the elevator people started leaving. Pretty stupid TBH.[/QUOTE]

wait, so youre not even at lava world then? lava world and anything past and including industrial castle is nearly impossible solo. yes it can be done (youtube vids show it) but its just not fun.

[quote name='8bitArtist']wait, so youre not even at lava world then? lava world and anything past and including industrial castle is nearly impossible solo. yes it can be done (youtube vids show it) but its just not fun.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, still need to beat the damn organ boss first. I'm getting bored soloing though, so if we can get a crew of four 60+ I'll join. I think a sick combo would be Fencer/Industrialist/Blue Knight/Red Knight. Just complete meat grinder and bosses would die in seconds. I might grind some more levels on the 63 until then, but I'm starting to burn out.

Sigh, I got with a REALLY good crew and we were steamrolling insane until we got to lava world. No, we were pushing it's shit in too except for the fact that halfway through the level it bugged THREE fuckING TIMES. I've seen this happen once before when I was playing solo on snow world where nothing spawns, but you don't get the go ahead arrow. I mean, we were on track to beat the game the rate we were going but buggy code FTL. So finally we gave up and hit Industrial Castle and were doing great until the dreaded waiting on players. PSN dropped us and that was that.

fuck this game; not wasting another minute unless you guys need a fourth.

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, I got with a REALLY good crew and we were steamrolling insane until we got to lava world. No, we were pushing it's shit in too except for the fact that halfway through the level it bugged THREE fuckING TIMES. I've seen this happen once before when I was playing solo on snow world where nothing spawns, but you don't get the go ahead arrow. I mean, we were on track to beat the game the rate we were going but buggy code FTL. So finally we gave up and hit Industrial Castle and were doing great until the dreaded waiting on players. PSN dropped us and that was that.

fuck this game; not wasting another minute unless you guys need a fourth.[/QUOTE]

I'll join your crew of 60+ to try and beat insane mode. The only problem is I'd have to be the green knight b/c he's the only character I've gotten up that high. I have the blue knight and the Industrialist up in the 40's.

[quote name='Chitown021']I'll join your crew of 60+ to try and beat insane mode. The only problem is I'd have to be the green knight b/c he's the only character I've gotten up that high. I have the blue knight and the Industrialist up in the 40's.[/QUOTE]
The crew I was with were all 45+. It's honestly not that hard with the right team makeup.

Jesus H Christ Im still looking for an insane group to cross the desert. Im lvl 99 industrialist and all I get are groups that either want to go fight in the arena or quit in like 5 mins.

bread's done
Back