Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow $11.98 at TRU B&M

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
**EDIT** This MAY be YMMV. I didn't think it was, but soem Sword of Mana price discrepancies have me wondering.

I was working at TRU today, and noticed our Castlevania: Aria of Sorrows had been marked down to 11.98. It wasn't green-tagged or anything, so this SHOULD be a chain-wide price change.

And yes, I snagged a copy of it. *g*

Also, dunno if it's been mentioned yet or not, but Sword of Mana is also $16.98.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']I was working at TRU today, and noticed our Castlevania: Aria of Sorrows had been marked down to 11.98. It wasn't green-tagged or anything, so this SHOULD be a chain-wide price change.

And yes, I snagged a copy of it. *g*

Also, dunno if it's been mentioned yet or not, but Sword of Mana is also $16.98.[/quote]

was there any more?

[quote name='chunlirocks']SOWRD OF MANA was 9.98 at my TRU in Philly[/quote]

That's strange...if that's true, it may be that we're starting to do non-chain-wide price changes outside of the green tag program...and this would be the first I'd heard of it...

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying this is something new, and makes posting B&M deals a bit of a hassle.

But then, I didn't check the SoM price today, I did that a couple of days ago. Maybe it went down again...that'd be nice.

Casey: Yeah, there were two on the shelf, and if for some strange reason they're gone, I'm pretty sure we've got about 5 in the back.

And we've got a ton of Sword of Mana.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']Casey: Yeah, there were two on the shelf, and if for some strange reason they're gone, I'm pretty sure we've got about 5 in the back.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I will go tomorrow and get one (probably)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Death2Sanity']Casey: Yeah, there were two on the shelf, and if for some strange reason they're gone, I'm pretty sure we've got about 5 in the back.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I will go tomorrow and get one (probably)[/quote]

Not a problem. Glad to help a fellow CAGer. I just hope this isn't a YMMV deal at the other TRUs.

Hmm, I remember seeing that thread now, but for some reason I thought it only applied to green-tagged games.

I gotta say...this isn't a bad idea. We've got way too many games that have been sitting there forever and need to be clearanced out...

...now if they'll hurry up and mark down that copy of GBA Super Puzzle Fighter that's been sitting there the past 2 years...

would anyone sell it to me for cost if they bought aos for me?
11.98 + 2 bucks media mail with delivery confirm thrown into any box u got lying around(no envelope) 14 15 via paypal?

[quote name='cag1000']would anyone sell it to me for cost if they bought aos for me?
11.98 + 2 bucks media mail with delivery confirm thrown into any box u got lying around(no envelope) 14 15 via paypal?[/quote]

If we have any more when I go in Sunday, I'll pick one up for you.

EDIT: On the condition that you never, NEVER again use 'u' in place of 'you.'

(just kidding! *g*)

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='cag1000']would anyone sell it to me for cost if they bought aos for me?
11.98 + 2 bucks media mail with delivery confirm thrown into any box u got lying around(no envelope) 14 15 via paypal?[/quote]

If we have any more when I go in Sunday, I'll pick one up for you.

EDIT: On the condition that you never, NEVER again use 'u' in place of 'you.'

(just kidding! *g*)[/quote]

lol thanx let me know *b* lol

[quote name='rapsodist']My local TRU still has the Castlevania AOS price at $29.99.[/quote]

Be sure to price-check that sucker. We don' t have the most efficient price-changing methods...

[quote name='msdmoney']I picked this up today, it was mentioned in this thread

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39870&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It seems these prices are YMMV. TRU now clearances on a store by store basis so prices vary, and some stores may even have it regular price. It all depends on the store and how well it is selling there. It was $12.98 at the Culver City, CA TRU.[/quote]

you mean the one in fox hills mall? i scanned it at $30 just two days ago, hopefully there are some left in the morning

or were there any left?

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='msdmoney']I picked this up today, it was mentioned in this thread

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39870&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It seems these prices are YMMV. TRU now clearances on a store by store basis so prices vary, and some stores may even have it regular price. It all depends on the store and how well it is selling there. It was $12.98 at the Culver City, CA TRU.[/quote]

you mean the one in fox hills mall? i scanned it at $30 just two days ago, hopefully there are some left in the morning

or were there any left?[/quote]

Near the fox hills mall, where Jefferson and Sepulveda meet. They had it marked a couple days ago when I was in there, but I decided to actually go back and get it today. Should be some left, were a few left last night around 8:00 or so. But Toys R us is really busy for Christmas, so I wouldn't wait too long.

Thanks OP, if I didn't already have it I'd run straight to that store and pick it up. This game is worth the $30 I paid for it. Nice twist on the series.

Keep letting us Triangle CAGers know of these price drops!

[quote name='tdphillips']Thanks OP, if I didn't already have it I'd run straight to that store and pick it up. This game is worth the $30 I paid for it. Nice twist on the series.

Keep letting us Triangle CAGers know of these price drops![/quote]

Not a problem, but with how random these price drops are occuring and how crazy the store is this time of year, don't be surprised if I'm a little behind myself!

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='rapsodist']My local TRU still has the Castlevania AOS price at $29.99.[/quote]

Be sure to price-check that sucker. We don' t have the most efficient price-changing methods...[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately, I did. I wish that were the problem... :(

yea my store hasn't had any in a while but if u still have a copy when u work again and could sell for cost to me you rule

Just got back from the TRU here in Parkersburg WV with a copy of Sword of Mana for $11.98. They seemed to have plenty of tickets left too. I also checked on Castlevania: AOS and they had them in stock...but at $19.99. I passed for now.

bread's done
Back