Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Picture Request)

Antic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (100%)
I wasn't exactly where I should post this request. Basically though, I'm looking for some pictures of a Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow cartridge (both front and back). The reason I'm asking is that I just received it today from someone, and it looks like a fake. Some issues I've noticed looking at it...

1.The cartridge isn't exactly the same color as any other gba game I have.
2. No number on the front graphic
3. Graphic on the front is smaller than the place for it.

Front Graphic has AGB-ACTE-USA
Back has just Nintendo: Model No. AGB-002

If anyone can help me out, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!

do you have dawn of sorrow? If you you you can check if you have the extra when you put it in the gba slot

Do the true check method: Look at the bottom green circuit board from above, with a flashlight helps, just beyond the gold contacts. There will be a Copyright xxxx (year) Nintendo. If it doesn't have that showing, it's 100% fake. If it does it's 90% legit (100% AFAIK, but there's always room for improvement on the bootleggers side). Look at any other GBA game you have at that spot and you'll find it there.

prong+logo.JPG

Here's the full article from this pic I Googled to show you an example, with more pictures and interesting signs of piracy:
http://fightbootleg.blogspot.com/2007/06/spot-counterfeit-gba-game-look-closer.html

(I never knew about the case stamp on the front until tonight)

Do what Kerig said but I will say I know all my GBA games are legit (checked them every time I got one) and I have the one in the first pic, IIRC. The Seal of Quality is usually on that lower-right corner.

Hmmm....I'll get you a picture of my copy when I have the chance...I don't remember what mine looked like but I got it the day it came out.

The only reason I'd think it's different is that it could be a second print or something; like a second edition/version(aside from the Harmony of Dissonance/Aria double pack). Or of course, it's a fake...

I think the 2nd pic is like the cover to the instruction booklet to the game, and if that's so then I could almost say that it's a bootleg... all the games I've run across and accidently bought on cheap on ebay have had cover stickers replicate the book's image...

They should be different, and having that seal in the upper left than the bottom right is weird.

I think I have a double pack though too so that doesn't help much.

bread's done
Back