Castlevania Judgment $39.99 at Amazon

[quote name='jacknicklson']$20 by Xmas, book it. Huge CV fan but this is a joke for more than shovelware price. Thanks though.[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt konami's ability though. I mean, who would have thought Nintendo characters could be in a fighting game. Don't say anything until the reviews come in.

[quote name='blackbird3216']I don't doubt konami's ability though. I mean, who would have thought Nintendo characters could be in a fighting game. Don't say anything until the reviews come in.[/QUOTE]
No company is immune from making bad games or poor decisions including Konami (see: both Castlevanias for the N64).

[quote name='mxpowar']No company is immune from making bad games or poor decisions including Konami (see: both Castlevanias for the N64).[/quote]

But no one preemptively trashed those.

[quote name='mxpowar']No company is immune from making bad games or poor decisions including Konami (see: both Castlevanias for the N64).[/QUOTE]

I think I am one of the few people who enjoyed those games. Rented the first one and bought the second one on the cheap and had a good time through it. Had a good length to it with all of the characters. Glad to see the lead character as a playable character in this fighting game. Although I still take issues to playing a fighting game with waggle, but I think it has the option for gamecube and classic control so it maybe worthwhile. The neogaf thread had a reviewer saying it was good fanservice with a decent amount of depth, too bad I am poor otherwise I might give it a buy. Right now though it is definitely on my rental list.

And when is Konami going to release those games on the VC there has to be a few more people who have just as bad of taste as me to want to replay them.

yeah I was pretty excited when I heard about a Castlevania title for the Wii, until I found out it was a fighting game.

Seems like a decent deal for those excited about it though

[quote name='blackbird3216']I don't doubt konami's ability though. I mean, who would have thought Nintendo characters could be in a fighting game. Don't say anything until the reviews come in.[/quote]

All attempts at making a 3-D based Castlevania game have failed miserably, so to hope for anything better is to be naive.:lol:

I was under the impression that one of the Ps2/xbox Castlevania's WAS a good game (don't remember if it was lament of innocence [doubt it], or the other one[ never played it, but thought I heard good stuff])

[quote name='mxpowar']No company is immune from making bad games or poor decisions including Konami (see: both Castlevanias for the N64).[/QUOTE]

I loved Castlevania 64. I don't care what the critics said, it was a fun game.

[quote name='tayaf69']I loved Castlevania 64. I don't care what the critics said, it was a fun game.[/quote]

Past critics, don't listen to the weeaboos on here. :)

[quote name='prisonerac']I think I am one of the few people who enjoyed those games. Rented the first one and bought the second one on the cheap and had a good time through it. Had a good length to it with all of the characters. Glad to see the lead character as a playable character in this fighting game. Although I still take issues to playing a fighting game with waggle, but I think it has the option for gamecube and classic control so it maybe worthwhile. The neogaf thread had a reviewer saying it was good fanservice with a decent amount of depth, too bad I am poor otherwise I might give it a buy. Right now though it is definitely on my rental list.

And when is Konami going to release those games on the VC there has to be a few more people who have just as bad of taste as me to want to replay them.[/quote]

I liked the two 64 Castlevanias as well. They were not great games , but they were good fun games. The second one was better since it was the same as the first plus bonus content. I will say I'm hesitant about the game being good , but I'm not going to right it off with out checking the reviews or trying the game myself first. At worst maybe it'll be a decent rental.

As for the 2 64 castlevanias coming to the VC , I would not count on it. Both games were basically retconned from the timeline and Koji Igarashi does not acknowledge them as proper castlevania titles. This does not mean that they couldn't show up , just that it hurts their chances.

[quote name='Gden']I was under the impression that one of the Ps2/xbox Castlevania's WAS a good game (don't remember if it was lament of innocence [doubt it], or the other one[ never played it, but thought I heard good stuff])[/QUOTE]

I think Lament of Innocence was good. It didn't live up to being the game after Symphony of the Night on a console, but SOTN is one of the greatest games of all time. LofI was still a good game and had good platforming elements and a good story. I feel like the 2nd one Curse of Darkness was not as good as LofI and they seemed to have totally removed the platforming elements, but it was focused solely on action, all that said it was still not bad. That's my opinion.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I think Lament of Innocence was good. It didn't live up to being the game after Symphony of the Night on a console, but SOTN is one of the greatest games of all time. LofI was still a good game and had good platforming elements and a good story. I feel like the 2nd one Curse of Darkness was not as good as LofI and they seemed to have totally removed the platforming elements, but it was focused solely on action, all that said it was still not bad. That's my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='mxpowar']Agreed.[/quote]

Third'd. Though I thought CoD was awesome. So much potential there. Hopefully SotN2 will resemble even a shade of what it could be.

bread's done
Back