Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $15/$16 at Amazon

if anyone is interested Big Game Vendor (amazon fulfilled) keeps dropping their PS3 price. It's down to 14.12. I just can't resist.

I just checked and a copy of the 360 version is 13.71. I think this is a really good deal considering I bought the PS3 version yesterday for 15.94. If you have amazon prime it ships for free-two day shipping.

[quote name='psychobrawler']Picked up 360 for $13.71. Love Amazon Prime and not needing to spend $25 for free shipping. ;)[/QUOTE]

but your paying 80 a year

[quote name='VaultDweller']but your paying 80 a year[/QUOTE]
I just recently replaced my Netflix with Amazon Prime because of the free two shipping and the streaming of amazon instant video. For a whole year its actually cheaper than Netflix and I use it more.

[quote name='matpaq']I just recently replaced my Netflix with Amazon Prime because of the free two shipping and the streaming of amazon instant video. For a whole year its actually cheaper than Netflix and I use it more.[/QUOTE]

How are the movies selections and tv shows compare to netflix? are they almost the same?

The PS3 demo for this convinced me to pick it up at Target for $12.98 a few months back. I just finished the level after the music box level Monday night. It's been all down hill since the demo. Maybe it just wore me down as I was expecting a 8 - 10 hour game but I'm over 20 now. I'm sick of Picards voice. It was great the first few hours but enough already. I do like Pan as I'm a big Dark Crystal fan. I hate fixed camera more though. Darksiders looks good enough for me. The only reason to look forward to a PS4 is GoW graphics in a true 3D world.

I just ordered the 360 one, I love/hate that I now work a job where I can afford to buy a cheap game every night and that I never have time to play them. I think I am up to 15 unopened games.

And for some reason I am playing Star Ocean inbetween Gears and Forza sessions.

[quote name='Logg']I just ordered the 360 one, I love/hate that I now work a job where I can afford to buy a cheap game every night and that I never have time to play them. I think I am up to 15 unopened games.

And for some reason I am playing Star Ocean inbetween Gears and Forza sessions.[/QUOTE]

consider yourself lucky you only have 15 unopened games :)

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']How are the movies selections and tv shows compare to netflix? are they almost the same?[/QUOTE]
The movie selections are pretty good. Netflix has a lot of older movies that I have never really heard of before. But Amazon so far has everything that I was planning on watching with Netflix

[quote name='matpaq']I just recently replaced my Netflix with Amazon Prime because of the free two shipping and the streaming of amazon instant video. For a whole year its actually cheaper than Netflix and I use it more.[/QUOTE]
I would definitely consider doing that if PS3 had an Amazon Video App.

[quote name='thegame85']Does everyones XBOX case have french writing on the back and on the rated T?[/QUOTE]
Konami, Bamco & Nintendo do that despite the second most used language in the US being spanish. As for the T rating, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be M rated.

I don't see it for $16.00. I see it for &15.49 with $3.89 shipping from an alternate vendor. Total price then would be $19.29.

:ps3: version is Amazon's Trade in of the day for $17, if it matters. It's a decently lengthy game but I imagine a week is long enough to get through it.

[quote name='freeza']These prices are a steal for this gem.

For anyone interested, this was a very underrated game that was extremely creative and one of the most memorable games I've played in a long time. Also, the DLC really brings the story together.

I'm hoping for a sequel.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. One of my top 2 or 3 games of 2010. I like the ps3 comtroller better for this type of game, and it plays fantastic. I got all the trophis except going back through again of the hardest difficulty (which was very doable, but had other games to play). One of the BEST after-credit scenes in history, IMHO (and I was never a die-hard fan of Castlevania. I played the 1st 3 on NES & that's it, but it is seperate from any Castlevania game that exists). A MUST PLAY!

p.s. PLEASE don't judge it until you get past chapter 4. I know plenty that quit it before it even starts.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I didn't think the Xbox version included sotn?[/QUOTE]
The ps3 version I got on release day (after having it pre-ordered forever) from Amazon didn't have a SotN code. I'd have loved that, cuz I'm not sure that I ever played it before.

Also, thhe prices from Amazon are now
ps3 - $19.99
360 - $14.99

[quote name='Scandal26']I don't see it for $16.00. I see it for &15.49 with $3.89 shipping from an alternate vendor. Total price then would be $19.29.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I was thinking.

I see it all over the place for &20 bucks now. I wouldn't mind picking it up sometime but my backlog (like everyone else) is getting too filled up. Maybe when I'm ready it would be cheaper.

$80 bucks for prime is PEANUTS, I order $2 -$3 items at will and can have it in 2 days.. I don't need to bunch my orders together, I can order items at whim ...

Fark thanks to prime, I brought so much cheap shit on Az Warehouse to flip right back, I made that $80 back in a month

And I can focus the rest of the 11 month buying here and there... Prime has become a moneymaker for me

[quote name='twztid13']Agreed. One of my top 2 or 3 games of 2010. I like the ps3 comtroller better for this type of game, and it plays fantastic. I got all the trophis except going back through again of the hardest difficulty (which was very doable, but had other games to play). One of the BEST after-credit scenes in history, IMHO (and I was never a die-hard fan of Castlevania. I played the 1st 3 on NES & that's it, but it is seperate from any Castlevania game that exists). A MUST PLAY!

p.s. PLEASE don't judge it until you get past chapter 4. I know plenty that quit it before it even starts.[/QUOTE]

Actually I found this to be one of the worst games of the year. I was really disappointed. Especially since it was originally another game Konami saw in development and simply slapped the Castlevania name on it. It's a shame Konami allowed a company like Mercury Steam to handle such a franchise like Castlevania. This game doesn't even compare to titles like Lament of Innocence. Here's hoping Konami takes a hint from Kojima Productions and gets a quality developer to make the next Castlevania. Though from what I what I hear Mercury Steam is sadly already in development of another Castlevania game. Sad to see a franchise like Castlevania go down the tubes like this.

That and the ending was terrible.

bread's done
Back