Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $20 Pre Order Bonus at Kmart

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Those that have been following my updates will understand that this is big deal for us and took a lot of work to pull off. This is our first pre-order offer and if successful, many more are sure to follow.

Check out www.KmartGamer.com for the full preview and an exclusive look at a newly revealed Titan.

Make sure to click the link listed on the blog which will take you to our dedicated Castlevania: Lords of Shadow mini site for details and pre-order informaton.

Hope you all enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note - Currently the shipping lists $6.95, this will be reduced to $2.99 shortly.

This game looks really cool, but 3D Castlevania has been less than stellar so I have my doubts. Congrats on getting an awesome pre-order bonus though!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The preorder bonus is -$20 on the game, or -$20 on another purchase? The latter, right?[/QUOTE]
You are correct sir, the latter.

I just think it's genuinely wicked that businesses (both small online and large retail) are starting to take notice of CAG and are keeping us posted on deals.

[quote name='Lord Humongous']I just think it's genuinely wicked that businesses (both small online and large retail) are starting to take notice of CAG and are keeping us posted on deals.[/QUOTE]
It's all due to you guys and the fact that you're such an active community. Once a deal is posted here and it is well received, CAG's will post the deal all throughout the gaming community. You have to respect a dynamic community like this and go the extra mile wherever possible. It's definitely not something I am taking for granted.

[quote name='graf1k']Isn't this game a 2011 release?[/QUOTE]
Definitely this year and earlier than you might think.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Amazon has Dec 31st, 2010 as the release date, for what its worth.[/QUOTE]
They are unfortunately incorrect.

[quote name='strangelove']cannot wait for this game.[/QUOTE]
No joke, after my meeting with Konami a few weeks ago, it is my number 1 must play title this holiday.

color me interested. I'll check back after E3

EDIT: Release now says 10/19/10. You guys are using a tagline "Whip In Hand." An article in OXM says no whip, only a cross. Your own preview even mentions it. Did you guys get more info to the contrary? I would be wary to anger fanboys (term used lovingly)

Sweet deal for this game. I've been looking forward to this title since it's announcement, huge Castlevania fan lol. I had a little fear concerning the way past 3D Castlevania titles have turned out but I'm sure Hideo Kojima will steer this one in the right direction. It's already looking great!

[quote name='reddjoey']You guys are using a tagline "Whip In Hand." An article in OXM says no whip, only a cross. Your own preview even mentions it. Did you guys get more info to the contrary? I would be wary to anger fanboys (term used lovingly)[/QUOTE]

The main weapon of choice is supposed to work like a whip and have short to long range attacks.

I had every single Castlevania for Nintendo and Super Nintendo even the ones for N64 but I have to say I'm a bigger fan of the 2d ones more so than the 3d series

This is tempting. If I get Peace Walker, can I turn right around and use the $10 coupon for Castlevania and get that for $50 + the $20 coupon?

Very respectable deal. This isn't a day one purchase for me as I'll wait for the price to drop a bit, but if it were, I'd be all over it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely this year and earlier than you might think.[/QUOTE]

Something like this actually makes many people worry even more about the game due to the fact that it usually implies a game is rushed and therefore unpolished. Look at the Blizzard games and their "when they're done" mantra, where we have to wait years for games, but usually when the game is released, its a pretty damn solid game. The other 3D Castlevania games looked like the type of game that was rushed, and just saying this makes it seem like more of the same. As someone who loves the Metroidvania type games and saw how well a similar style could work in Batman: AA, I'd love to see the game succeed, but things like that kinda make me think the games quality might not be too high on the dev or publisher's priority list.

Well, Kojima Pro is some what over looking at this project so I think in terms of 3D castlevania, it's probably the best. Will it compare to 2D is yet unknown...but 2D is what makes Castlevania imo.

wow nice deal. will the shipping adjusted down automatically?

going to tell my friend about it also. He has really been waiting for this game.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Something like this actually makes many people worry even more about the game due to the fact that it usually implies a game is rushed and therefore unpolished. Look at the Blizzard games and their "when they're done" mantra, where we have to wait years for games, but usually when the game is released, its a pretty damn solid game. The other 3D Castlevania games looked like the type of game that was rushed, and just saying this makes it seem like more of the same. As someone who loves the Metroidvania type games and saw how well a similar style could work in Batman: AA, I'd love to see the game succeed, but things like that kinda make me think the games quality might not be too high on the dev or publisher's priority list.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, the last 3D CV game was actually pretty solid. I consider it a vast improvement over Lament of Innocence which was probably more of an experiment with trying to get 3D to finally work with the series. Curse of Darkness actually looked, felt, and sounded like a Castlevania game. Granted, this is a different developer, I still have high hopes for it. Kojima Productions has a hand in this game as well...the co-developer has made some crap; they've got American McGee's Scrapland and Jericho(both of which I heard were pretty horrible) under their belt.

It's a good deal but I'd have to see more on the game before I can bite on it; I may just end up renting it through Gamefly.

Shc-gamer, you should try to get a deal going for any of the new ddr games. I know they are supposed to have song dlc. A points card would be cool.

[quote name='Donnums']Well, to be fair, the last 3D CV game was actually pretty solid. I consider it a vast improvement over Lament of Innocence which was probably more of an experiment with trying to get 3D to finally work with the series. Curse of Darkness actually looked, felt, and sounded like a Castlevania game. Granted, this is a different developer, I still have high hopes for it. Kojima Productions has a hand in this game as well...the co-developer has made some crap; they've got American McGee's Scrapland and Jericho(both of which I heard were pretty horrible) under their belt.

It's a good deal but I'd have to see more on the game before I can bite on it; I may just end up renting it through Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I felt CoD was the lesser game. Decent rpg mechanics but worse in most other ways. In either case though I like both and I feel only 2d CV purists say they're "awful"; certainly not perfect but more than fun.

Awesome deal, SHC!!! NICE!! :applause:

I think the bigger picture here is that even if people aren't interested in the new Castlevania (and I'm one of those that's on the fence, having been burned several times by previous failed 3D 'Vania's), this really sets Kmart up as a place to buy video games.

You're turning Kmart from a joke to a worthy Circuit City successor - Circuit City used to be the best place to buy new games, IMO. Kudos! Hope to see more great deals like this!

(And this new deal is kind of hard to pass up...)

[quote name='drbutchevil']Something like this actually makes many people worry even more about the game due to the fact that it usually implies a game is rushed and therefore unpolished. Look at the Blizzard games and their "when they're done" mantra, where we have to wait years for games, but usually when the game is released, its a pretty damn solid game. The other 3D Castlevania games looked like the type of game that was rushed, and just saying this makes it seem like more of the same. As someone who loves the Metroidvania type games and saw how well a similar style could work in Batman: AA, I'd love to see the game succeed, but things like that kinda make me think the games quality might not be too high on the dev or publisher's priority list.[/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem, Daikatana, and Alpha Protocol were FANTASTIC games that were delayed repeatedly and became better for it because delaying games will always create magical quality that would not otherwise be there. :D

Thanks for posting sir. As others have stated, I am also a bit hesitant about a 3D Castlevania. However, if the stuff shown at E3 looks promising, this looks like a great deal.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I am also a bit hesitant about a 3D Castlevania.[/QUOTE]Am I the only person who enjoyed Castlevania 64?

[quote name='guinaevere']Am I the only person who enjoyed Castlevania 64?[/QUOTE]

Which one? The original or Curse of Darkness? Sadly I own both and pre ordered the 1st one. At the time I couldn't even get into the castle. :)

So is the price adjustment in shipping automatic after we pre-order or can we just wait for it to reflect the $4 discount in shipping before pre-ordering.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely this year and earlier than you might think.[/QUOTE]

Oh hey, sweet. I've been really looking forward to this one so the earlier the better.

How hard is it to cancel an order through Kmart, say in the event that a better deal arises? Not sure what I'd do with $20 at Kmart ...

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Which one? The original or Curse of Darkness? Sadly I own both and pre ordered the 1st one. At the time I couldn't even get into the castle. :)[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed the first one for 64. I think I even got to the end of it many summers ago, between Goldeneye multiplayer matches. ;)

[quote name='guinaevere']Am I the only person who enjoyed Castlevania 64?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Which one? The original or Curse of Darkness? Sadly I own both and pre ordered the 1st one. At the time I couldn't even get into the castle. :)[/QUOTE]

Castlevania 64. You know, the Castlevania game made for the Nintendo 64. Derp.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Duke Nukem, Daikatana, and Alpha Protocol were FANTASTIC games that were delayed repeatedly and became better for it because delaying games will always create magical quality that would not otherwise be there. :D[/QUOTE]

Difference between delaying to add polish to a game, and delaying due to direction changes. :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Those that have been following my updates will understand that this is big deal for us and took a lot of work to pull off. This is our first pre-order offer and if successful, many more are sure to follow.

Check out www.KmartGamer.com for the full preview and an exclusive look at a newly revealed Titan.

Make sure to click the link listed on the blog which will take you to our dedicated Castlevania: Lords of Shadow mini site for details and pre-order informaton.

Hope you all enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note - Currently the shipping lists $6.95, this will be reduced to $2.99 shortly.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon matches this, im in!

[quote name='InFlames215']Castlevania 64. You know, the Castlevania game made for the Nintendo 64. Derp.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness there were two Castlevania games released on the N64, neither of which were called "Castlevania 64."

Well, one was Castlevania but it was widely known as Castlevania 64(to obviously be distinguishable from the NES Castlevania) the second was Legacy of Darkness.

I bought the first game when it came out. I liked it back then but I remember it being really difficult at some parts. LoD is supposed to be an improvement.

[quote name='Vortextk']Funny, I felt CoD was the lesser game. Decent rpg mechanics but worse in most other ways. In either case though I like both and I feel only 2d CV purists say they're "awful"; certainly not perfect but more than fun.[/QUOTE]
LoI had a unique atmospheric quality. The vampires in the game actually seemed scary, because it was pre-Vampire Killer ... and post-Vampire Killer. (wipes tear)

Saraaa!!!!

[quote name='crr_1119'] I'm sure Hideo Kojima will steer this one in the right direction. It's already looking great![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Hideo Kojima has nothing to do with this game other than stamping his name on it. It's entirely some studio from Spain that I can't recall the name of.

[quote name='FloatyPuff']I'm pretty sure Hideo Kojima has nothing to do with this game other than stamping his name on it. It's entirely some studio from Spain that I can't recall the name of.[/QUOTE]

mercurysteam

bread's done
Back