Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for 17.65 Xbox, $19.99 PS3.

[quote name='samsorz']isnt that the normal price for this O_O[/QUOTE]
If you click the link you'll see list price of $29.99

I got this game a few months ago for ~$30, and ended up getting both DLCs for it cause I liked it so much. More God of War than Symphony of the Night, but having played ever 3d 'Vania, its easy to see they're best suited as more action game like as opposed to the 2d games' exploration and such. Great game, easily the best 3d Castlevania.

I've been wanting to add this game to the backlog for a long time. Thought it would hit the $12 range over the holiday sale season. Might have to break down and get it.

Anyone know if one version is better than the other? I've heard they're pretty much identical.

[quote name='j0dy77']I've been wanting to add this game to the backlog for a long time. Thought it would hit the $12 range over the holiday sale season. Might have to break down and get it.

Anyone know if one version is better than the other? I've heard they're pretty much identical.[/QUOTE]

360 has two discs and PS3 has one, if that's a thing for you.

PS3 supposedly had the slight edge in graphics I beleive when they released. But unless you care about the two discs for 360 you cant go wrong either way. As long as you like God of War style gameplay. The graphics are gorgeous and its fairly lengthy as well. I think it took me about 11 hours on one playthrough.

[quote name='wrencrest']PS3 supposedly had the slight edge in graphics I beleive when they released. But unless you care about the two discs for 360 you cant go wrong either way. As long as you like God of War style gameplay. The graphics are gorgeous and its fairly lengthy as well. I think it took me about 11 hours on one playthrough.[/QUOTE]

I could care less about the 2 discs but I guess it is better to have one disc. I think lensoftruth did a comparison, I'll have to check that out. Although I have been favoring my ps3 as console of choice lately.

Best in game music ive played with. Puzzles was difficult to figure out at times. Castlevania has historically been a more difficult game than average.

Had a lot of fun with this one. I'm a big Castlevania fan, and I was very pleased at how this one turned out. As has been said, it's more God of War than Castlevania gameplay, but I'd say it's worth ~$20.

[quote name='Mahgin86']I got this game a few months ago for ~$30, and ended up getting both DLCs for it cause I liked it so much. More God of War than Symphony of the Night, but having played ever 3d 'Vania, its easy to see they're best suited as more action game like as opposed to the 2d games' exploration and such. Great game, easily the best 3d Castlevania.[/QUOTE]
Castlevania used to be a balls-crushing 2D platformer, you know =\ Despise when people only bring up Symphony like it's some thing of platinum crown of the franchise; it isn't, it's overrated as hell.

It's worth $20, but understand that it's "God of Colossus" and not a true CV. Also go with the PS3 version. Has slightly better graphics, frame rate, and audio.

[quote name='chunlirocks']The Limited Edition for the PSTriple[/QUOTE]

If you were a beer drinker, this'd be PSTrippel :D

I remember seeing the :ps3: version being 16.xx, but sold by third party, going to wait for that number since I saw that number.

bread's done
Back