Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh no fry's anywhere near me, so what are the odds i can email best buy and get them to honor the code online since the stores near me will prob say what the f is a fry's?

[quote name='James1221']uhh no fry's anywhere near me, so what are the odds i can email best buy and get them to honor the code online since the stores near me will prob say what the f is a fry's?[/QUOTE]

I suppose anything is worth a try but I remember somewhere in BB's price matching policy it says they won't do it over the phone or honor online sales.

[quote name='James1221']uhh no fry's anywhere near me, so what are the odds i can email best buy and get them to honor the code online since the stores near me will prob say what the f is a fry's?[/QUOTE]do what I did and go to frys.com or whatever it is and print out page 7 of their weekly ad, take the printout with you to best buy and poof, CLOS for $20 and the BB edition includes a code for the PS1 classic Castlevania Symphony of light.

[quote name='Archfiend']do what I did and go to frys.com or whatever it is and print out page 7 of their weekly ad, take the printout with you to best buy and poof, CLOS for $20 and the BB edition includes a code for the PS1 classic Castlevania Symphony of light.[/QUOTE]

Its worth a try, but that will not work @ BB's in Northern VA. They only PM B&M stores in the vicinity w/ ad, no printouts, I tried.

[quote name='Archfiend']do what I did and go to frys.com or whatever it is and print out page 7 of their weekly ad, take the printout with you to best buy and poof, CLOS for $20 and the BB edition includes a code for the PS1 classic Castlevania Symphony of light.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me last night at BB in Carmel, IN. Plus had $20 in gift cards so I only had to pay tax.

[quote name='Donut2922']lol selling a code that's not even rare for full price... :roll:

he's a newbie and he doesn't know that its just bad form and not typical for us to charge each other msrp (the website url alone should have been a dead giveaway - go figure) especially given the nature of the item

what a tool[/QUOTE]

lol he's a newbie, you just fucking join a few months ago kid. just stfu

[quote name='Muroso']lol he's a newbie, you just fucking join a few months ago kid. just stfu[/QUOTE]

Shovel%20ready.jpg

[quote name='Muroso']lol he's a newbie, you just fucking join a few months ago kid. just stfu[/QUOTE]

i didn't join a few months ago you somehow thinking that shows your reading comprehension is severly lacking.

i'm getting dumber just going back and forth with you. i bet your head would explode if you realized that sometimes even CAG members give out free codes every now and then and that there's a gamesharing thread. oh well i'm gonna stop myself because you are too easy.

Btw, my $10 paypal payment should have come through by now so what's taking so long for my dang code? :cold:

This is Best Buy's backyard, so there's no chance in hell at getting this at that price in MN so the best we can hope for is an Amazon price match.

you guys need to read the fine print

Price Matching

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

They will however PM TV's this is a big savings since residents in CA have to pay recycle fee and heavy taxes

TV Low Price Guarantee

We're working hard to make sure our prices are the best around. If you find a lower price on another website within 14 days after the date we ship your order, let us know and we'll credit your original payment method for the difference. If we lower our own price within 14 days after we ship your TV, let us know and we'll refund you the difference as well.
You can request a refund for the price difference through the "Found a lower price?" button on your Order Summary page in Your Account.
We will generally match the prices of TVs found on these websites:

• bestbuy.com
  • bhphotovideo.com
  • buydig.com
  • cdw.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • compusa.com
  • costco.com
  • dell.com
  • frys.com
  • hhgregg.com
  • newegg.com
  • samsclub.com
  • sears.com
  • target.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • us-appliance.com
  • vanns.com
  • walmart.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

^ I think that's jargon to absolve them from having to price-match other retailers. It doesn't mean they won't change their prices to remain competitive.

"Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive."

[quote name='sadboy']^ I think that's jargon to absolve them from having to price-match other retailers. It doesn't mean they won't change their prices to remain competitive.[/QUOTE]

That's their official policy, however they have been known to price match many retailers after being contacted.

Since you guys are talking about PriceMating Policy.

Did you all see that Fry's is now pricematching Amazon and Newegg...?, basically any "reputable" e-tailer. I think it's + shipping but still most sites have free shipping these days.

I haven't tried it yet, but for hardware, mobos, Games you need today, might be a good gig. guess maybe i'll it out sometime.

i think Amazon doesnt want to price match maybe due to the item not being available for shipping,kinda how some best buy's call the store to see if the item is in stock before the price match but that's my take on it

[quote name='joker______']i think Amazon doesnt want to price match maybe due to the item not being available for shipping,kinda how some best buy's call the store to see if the item is in stock before the price match but that's my take on it[/QUOTE]
I thought about that as well. There are likely other factors as well. Someone also mentioned they don't "price-match" Fry's. When one retailer is selling a premium game at a noticeably lower price and it's mostly an in-store deal, it probably doesn't hold much weight.

got pm for the last copy of limited edition version at p.hill, ca bb. the bb website said there wasn't supposed to be a le copy at the store but there it was on the shelf anyways. thanks op, thanks bb, thanks fry's.

So I live in New Jersey, and there are no Fry's located in my state or any of the bordering states. I don't think my local Best Buy will even give me a chance at getting a price match.

I've only completed the first chapter, but wow, so far I love this game. I grew up playing Castlevania starting with III, so I do have some bias. This game is a combination of Onimusha, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, and Castlevania(of course). It's getting put right up there in my favorite's of 2010 with Just Cause 2, Alan Wake, and Mass Effect 2.

Got the PM on the last 2 copies (1 each X360 and PS3) of the LE/CE version in all of west LA, at the Culver City store. Surprisingly there was a PS3 copy there even though inventory online showed it OOS. Hell, looking at the inventory tracker, crappy as it is, shows that just about every store in LA is out of it. Price match bonanza?

Manager was NOT happy, spent a few minutes looking through the ad and looking at the games, saying "Are these the versions on sale? I don't think they are...and it's only Xbox isn't it? Oh no, it says PS3. Why are the games so thick? I don't think it's the right one...why don't you buy it at Fry's?"

LOL. I just stayed polite and played it innocent while hoping for the best. Finally he tells me, "well this looks like some funny business, but it's your lucky day..." and made the adjustments. $19.99 a piece for the LEs with the codes, sweetness!

[quote name='Donut2922']i didn't join a few months ago you somehow thinking that shows your reading comprehension is severly lacking.

i'm getting dumber just going back and forth with you. i bet your head would explode if you realized that sometimes even CAG members give out free codes every now and then and that there's a gamesharing thread. oh well i'm gonna stop myself because you are too easy.

Btw, my $10 paypal payment should have come through by now so what's taking so long for my dang code? :cold:[/QUOTE]

haven't even gave my email account dumbass. yup that's good then just stfu. CAG members give away free stuff? wow. really? so what do you have for me then? :roll:

[quote name='Muroso']haven't even gave my email account dumbass. yup that's good then just stfu. CAG members give away free stuff? wow. really? so what do you have for me then? :roll:[/QUOTE]

My best guess would be a buh-bye ban.

[quote name='Muroso']haven't even gave my email account dumbass. yup that's good then just stfu. CAG members give away free stuff? wow. really? so what do you have for me then? :roll:[/QUOTE]

You sure are making a ton of friends and potential buyers/traders with all your insightful and intelligent posts. :lol:

[quote name='karkyco']Got the PM on the last 2 copies (1 each X360 and PS3) of the LE/CE version in all of west LA, at the Culver City store. Surprisingly there was a PS3 copy there even though inventory online showed it OOS. Hell, looking at the inventory tracker, crappy as it is, shows that just about every store in LA is out of it. Price match bonanza?

Manager was NOT happy, spent a few minutes looking through the ad and looking at the games, saying "Are these the versions on sale? I don't think they are...and it's only Xbox isn't it? Oh no, it says PS3. Why are the games so thick? I don't think it's the right one...why don't you buy it at Fry's?"

LOL. I just stayed polite and played it innocent while hoping for the best. Finally he tells me, "well this looks like some funny business, but it's your lucky day..." and made the adjustments. $19.99 a piece for the LEs with the codes, sweetness![/QUOTE]

Only standard edition comes with code for Symphony of the Night if remembered correctly.

[quote name='karkyco']My best guess would be a buh-bye ban.[/QUOTE]

sure i dont even give a fuck. there's like thousands of websites and i dont need to post a shit! you guys are taking this too fucking seriously like its your life. fucking geeks with no fucking life. how sad.:cry:

[quote name='Muroso']sure i dont even give a fuck. there's like thousands of websites and i dont need to post a shit! you guys are taking this too fucking seriously like its your life. fucking geeks with no fucking life. how sad.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Then... why are you still here posting and replying?
We have "no fucklife" but your post was around 4am in the morning??? LOL. :applause:

[quote name='FerDK']Then... why are you still here posting and replying?
We have "no fucklife" but your post was around 4am in the morning??? LOL. :applause:[/QUOTE]

touché

point goes to FerDK

Has anyone tried to PM even though there is not a Fry's anywhere around them. Just curious to see if it worked. Really interested in getting the game but the closet Fry's is like 2 states away.

[quote name='Muroso']sure i dont even give a fuck. there's like thousands of websites and i dont need to post a shit! you guys are taking this too fucking seriously like its your life. fucking geeks with no fucking life. how sad.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Four fuck's in one post. He really doesn't "need to post a shit," as he so eloquently put it.

Here is a forum where you might find people who are easier for you to relate to in terms of maturity and level of intelligence:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960189-call-of-duty-black-ops

Let us "fucking geeks" worry about the cheap games.

Just PMed at BB.

Not to get off topic, but am I better off playing the DLC first if I've never played this series?

[quote name='Liverano']Just PMed at BB.

Not to get off topic, but am I better off playing the DLC first if I've never played this series?[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to Symphony of the Night, no. Lords of Shadow is a complete revamping of the series. Hsssss!!!

Although, you should definitely play SotN when you have the chance.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Only standard edition comes with code for Symphony of the Night if remembered correctly.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I haven't opened them yet and they're not in front of me at the moment, but I'm almost certain both of them had the little sticker on the front that indicated it includes a SOTN download.

[quote name='Npat12']Has anyone tried to PM even though there is not a Fry's anywhere around them. Just curious to see if it worked. Really interested in getting the game but the closet Fry's is like 2 states away.[/QUOTE]

i did, and i even got the le, if anyone is willing to trade for my sotn code, pm me with an offer, thinking of a 1 month live card

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Only standard edition comes with code for Symphony of the Night if remembered correctly.[/QUOTE]
This is incorrect. I PM'd the LE at Best Buy and it had the sticker and the code. I successfully added it to my PSN account.

For those of you who got/attempted to get the LE...

Were any of you at BB in San Marcos, CA?

The lady that did my PM didn't even call Fry's. She said she did a PM earlier and someone tried to get the LE version instead of the standard. Made me laugh on the inside and think it was a CAG.

[quote name='Liverano']For those of you who got/attempted to get the LE...

Were any of you at BB in San Marcos, CA?

The lady that did my PM didn't even call Fry's. She said she did a PM earlier and someone tried to get the LE version instead of the standard. Made me laugh on the inside and think it was a CAG.[/QUOTE]
Good to know that it would've been a waste of effort! I just got it at Fry's and didn't even consider using the PM for the LE or any of the bonuses (already have SoTN on the PSN).

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, I haven't opened them yet and they're not in front of me at the moment, but I'm almost certain both of them had the little sticker on the front that indicated it includes a SOTN download.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DPsycho']This is incorrect. I PM'd the LE at Best Buy and it had the sticker and the code. I successfully added it to my PSN account.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. They do have code included with limited edition. Just that I remember that when the game was first released, I was looking over at both version and cannot decide which to get due to standard had code but limited does not. Maybe I remembered wrong. Oh well, thanks for correcting me.:)

I've spent so much on games and now have a huge backlog that I don't need to add any more, but this is a great deal if I can find the LE. Shoot even the regular. I'll stop by my local BB (or even BBs and see.)

I love how this thread is primarily about getting Best Buy to price match. We are truly CAGs in that we recognize the true potential of getting the SotN download and edition upgrade in favor of patronizing the store that introduced the promotion. March on, fellow CAGs, march on.

I unsuccessfully tried to get Best Buy to PM the LE after briefly looking at the regular and not seeing any mention of Symphony of the Night (I did see it on the LE). At first it seemed like the girl was going to pm it for me, but the guy standing next to her was like can't do that this is the LE, I acted like I had no idea what that meant and suspiciously left while they went to grab a regular one. I'll probably check out fry's later and see if any of the regular ones (if they even have any more) have the SotN download, SotN is the difference between getting it now or waiting til the game is $10 later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back