Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate $29.99 at Amazon

I never played Lords of Shadow on the console, but I beat this game the other day. There's barely any narrative in this game, though I suppose if you don't want to spoil the end of Lords of Shadow, you can wait or skip this. It's an ok game. I would recommend waiting for a lower price.

I just wish it was...better. It's not bad. But should have been great D:

Definitely worth a buy for someone looking to expand the ol' 3DS collection, though.

[quote name='Teeheehee']I never played Lords of Shadow on the console, but I beat this game the other day. There's barely any narrative in this game, though I suppose if you don't want to spoil the end of Lords of Shadow, you can wait or skip this. It's an ok game. I would recommend waiting for a lower price.[/QUOTE]

this seems to be the case, across the board, I've seen this exact sentiment repeated. I'll wait for the $20 mark!

Great game IMO.

To anyone who is on the fence about this game... The full game is better than what the demo indicates.

It's like Lords of Shadow, with more exploration. So if you liked LoS, and you don't mind playing a sidescroller, you should like Mirror of Fate also.

Though I did enjoy the game it, I do hope Konami brings back a 2D version at some point. They were just much more fun on the DS. I didn't really like this game as much as those. Something was missing...

But $20-30 is a good price to pick it up for

I tried this at PAX and was not impressed. The 2 1/2-D camera angle is slightly disorienting. As much as I like metroidvania type games, I felt that the controls (specifically the combat mechanics) were just about button mashing ... i.e. block-attack-attack-attack-attack-attack, etc. I'll wait to give it another shot when the price is sub $15.

how BUGGY the game is i would not pay more then 15 to 20 for it..

got to the end of the first chapter and beat the boss. well the battery died on me or i put my system in sleep mode as soon as i went into chapter 2...

went back to system and and to recharge and turned the game back on and it took me back to the spot before you fought the chapter 1 boss BUT THE GRAB POINT WAS GONE...

emailed them and they said they knew it was a bug and the only way to work around it was to REDO THE ENTIRE CHAPTER and try not to turn off the system at the end or start of a new chapter cause KEY ITEMS will disappear and you will need to redo the prior chapter

bread's done
Back