Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Releasing late October, Price $29.99

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']It is a deal, most top level DS games are $34.99/$39.99.

There are tons of threads such as "SNK games $14.99 at Amazon" Which is the standard price for that game, but obviously cheaper than a normal game. Thus they're deals.

To not be a hypocrite go complain in this thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191814

Standard Rock Band/Guitar Hero prices.

If not, stop thread crapping.[/quote]

As Ive said in previous posts about threads like this..

Retail isnt a cheap ass deal.. its retail -_-V

I guess I'll start counting the days, then. I hope there is some kind of pre-order bonus, but of course it won't be as good as the 2oth anniversary one.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm pretty sure all previous Castlevania DS games were $29.99 when they launched.[/quote]

u are correct sir, 29.99 is just the retail price...not a deal

This thread needs to be locked/moved... no chance of immediate rarity, no bonus, no discount, no deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SeanNOLA']aye Yahweh! Seriously, can't we just write "wow! really? I can't wait!"[/quote]

wow. really?! I can't wait!

Topic poster, you better add something like Amazon has free shipping with this item versus buying off retail 29.99 + tax so the thread crappers stop.

Thanks, OP, for this preorder deal. And don't pay attention to all the morons making baseless claims in this thread.

Huh, the previous CV titles were $35...good to see this one is $5 cheaper. One more game that will make me a tad more poorer this Fall. :(

[quote name='thelonepig']Actually, they were both $34.99.[/QUOTE]

So, this IS a deal...when compared to the previous DS Castlevania titles.

[quote name='Blade']Thanks, OP, for this preorder deal. And don't pay attention to all the morons making baseless claims in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should make an individual thread for every game coming out on the DS? Or maybe every game, period?

[quote name='Alucard400']Topic poster, you better add something like Amazon has free shipping with this item versus buying off retail 29.99 + tax so the thread crappers stop.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could list every single game and game related item on Amazon that gets free shipping (i.e., every single one above $25)?

I'd honestly be interested in hearing how exactly this pre-order is materially different from the HUNDREDS of other pre-orders available online at MSRP without any pre-order bonus whatsoever. And if it's not different, and everyone of them would qualify as "deal" in your books, the deal forum would be completely flooded with this nonsense.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']We should totally start a debate on paying MSRP for Wii Fit being a deal. That'd be RAD![/QUOTE]

There's a difference between a game that is so scare that it is selling for well above MSRP online, and has been since day one, and a game that has almost no chance of being rare at release, as is the case here.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Maybe I should make an individual thread for every game coming out on the DS? Or maybe every game, period?[/quote]

Not a bad idea. One thread that has all of the games by system and preorders. Then we could also throw all of the threads that discuss bonus items in there too. Ultimately, it would be something out of Shipwreck's weekly release discussion - have the price listed (after shipping) for several retailers.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Maybe I should make an individual thread for every game coming out on the DS? Or maybe every game, period?

Maybe we could list every single game and game related item on Amazon that gets free shipping (i.e., every single one above $25)?

I'd honestly be interested in hearing how exactly this pre-order is materially different from the HUNDREDS of other pre-orders available online at MSRP without any pre-order bonus whatsoever. And if it's not different, and everyone of them would qualify as "deal" in your books, the deal forum would be completely flooded with this nonsense.[/quote]

There are always hundreds of deals posted in the thread, on individual games, or franchises. or just games in general that I'm sure other people don't care for. CAG is always full of deals, both with what many gamers care for and not care for. I'm used to seeing lots of deals and lots of stupid posts, and even advertising posts , and also the annoying posts asking for a deal. But most people who browse the forums just move on after seeing it. Can you do the same? I guess we'll find out!

[quote name='Alucard400']There are always hundreds of deals posted in the thread, on individual games, or franchises. or just games in general that I'm sure other people don't care for. CAG is always full of deals, both with what many gamers care for and not care for. I'm used to seeing lots of deals and lots of stupid posts, and even advertising posts , and also the annoying posts asking for a deal. But most people who browse the forums just move on after seeing it. Can you do the same? I guess we'll find out![/quote]

Its a site for deals.

This isnt one of them.

OP, just try your best to ignore all the bitchin' and complaining. The people on this site like to act like things like this are the end of the world, instead of just letting the mods decide what stays and what goes.

As I've said countless times, I'm amazed at how many pissy people there are on this website. You'd think people would be happier. :/

I might pick this up when it drops to $20. I remember Dawn of Sorrow was pretty fun but Portrait of Ruin was a little disappointing for some reason. It just felt like it was rushed or lacking something.

Deal or not, it's a DS Castlevania without generic anime characters, and that's priceless.

(though yeah, I probably wouldn't pay more than $30 or $35 for it)

[quote name='M-PG71C']Huh, the previous CV titles were $35...good to see this one is $5 cheaper. One more game that will make me a tad more poorer this Fall. :([/quote]No, they came out at $30.

[quote name='cletus']...Portrait of Ruin was a little disappointing for some reason. It just felt like it was rushed or lacking something.[/quote]

The timeframe between DoS and PoR was only 14 months.

10/05 and 12/06 according to Goozex. Perhaps it was, indeed, rushed.

This one has had almost twice as long to brew:

22 months instead of 14. I'm expecting greatness, and you should, too.

Hey threadcrappers, why aren't you bitching in the Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero thread? The thread is for retail price $189.99. No sale whatsoever mentioned just the release date and the price. As I mentioned before top level DS games are $34.99/$39.99. Go look up Tecmo Bowl Kickoff, Dragon Quest IV etc... Final Fantasy IV just came out and it's $39.99. Castlevania is a top level game for $29.99, thus making it cheaper. So STFU! fuck

No, because you're a fucking idiot.

A "deal" is when you can get a game cheaper then it's MSRP or whatever it normally sells for. This game's MSRP is 29.99. It's going to sell for 29.99 everywhere, forever and ever, until it gets a price drop.

Hey, I can get a box of Pepsi for x.xx, or I can get a box of Coke for y.yy. y is cheaper than x, so I got Coke. WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!

No. They are different things. If Coke is always y.yy, I did not get a deal.

Lay the fuck down.

Does anyone know who's doing the art for this game? Since it's not Kojima and (thank god!) its not whoever did those shitty anime style covers.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']No, because you're a fucking idiot.

A "deal" is when you can get a game cheaper then it's MSRP or whatever it normally sells for. This game's MSRP is 29.99. It's going to sell for 29.99 everywhere, forever and ever, until it gets a price drop.

Hey, I can get a box of Pepsi for x.xx, or I can get a box of Coke for y.yy. y is cheaper than x, so I got Coke. WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!

No. They are different things. If Coke is always y.yy, I did not get a deal.

Lay the fuck down.[/quote]

fuckfuck:whee:fuck:oops:fuckfuckfuck:shock:fuck
:-({|=fuck:puke:fuck:grouphug::censored:fuckNinja Pillow.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Hey threadcrappers, why aren't you bitching in the Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero thread? The thread is for retail price $189.99. No sale whatsoever mentioned just the release date and the price. As I mentioned before top level DS games are $34.99/$39.99. Go look up Tecmo Bowl Kickoff, Dragon Quest IV etc... Final Fantasy IV just came out and it's $39.99. Castlevania is a top level game for $29.99, thus making it cheaper. So STFU! fuck[/QUOTE]

Allow me to quote myself (in this thread, no less):

"This thread needs to be locked/moved... no chance of immediate rarity, no bonus, no discount, no deal."

Anyone that knows anything about videogame releases knows that games that ship with hardware (Wii Fit, Guitar games, Mario Kart Wii, etc) are almost always in short supply initially and that prices on Ebay generally rise/soar in the short term. This is especially the case for games released close to the holiday season. Therefore, the opportunity to get in on a game that has high odds of being scare is indeed considered a deal (since, often just two days after release, hardware bundled games are sold out in stores and selling for more than MSRP online) by many.

Obviously the mods agree that you were in the wrong in posting this purported "deal" thread, so if anyone should "STFU" in the future, it would have to be yourself.

Turning to the game itself, I'm really looking forward to it--the E3 footage was spectacular, and I'm looking forward to the diversity of environments.

I always get a chuckle out of people who get bent out of shape over someone posting something in the wrong forum. Just a giant neon sign flashing saying "I have no life and nothing better to worry about than pointless shit on the internet!"

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Allow me to quote myself (in this thread, no less):

"This thread needs to be locked/moved... no chance of immediate rarity, no bonus, no discount, no deal."

Anyone that knows anything about videogame releases knows that games that ship with hardware (Wii Fit, Guitar games, Mario Kart Wii, etc) are almost always in short supply initially and that prices on Ebay generally rise/soar in the short term. This is especially the case for games released close to the holiday season. Therefore, the opportunity to get in on a game that has high odds of being scare is indeed considered a deal (since, often just two days after release, hardware bundled games are sold out in stores and selling for more than MSRP online) by many.

Obviously the mods agree that you were in the wrong in posting this purported "deal" thread, so if anyone should "STFU" in the future, it would have to be yourself.

Turning to the game itself, I'm really looking forward to it--the E3 footage was spectacular, and I'm looking forward to the diversity of environments.[/quote]

I bet your own parents think you're an ass sometimes. Lighten up some!

I'm sure the mods just love wanna-be mini-mods like you.:applause:

[quote name='dmaul1114']I always get a chuckle out of people who get bent out of shape over someone posting something in the wrong forum. Just a giant neon sign flashing saying "I have no life and nothing better to worry about than pointless shit on the internet!"[/quote]

If there was rep on this forum you sir would receive some from me.

Finally a proper Castlevania without any gimmick. I hated the stylus and duo characters of previous versions.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I always get a chuckle out of people who get bent out of shape over someone posting something in the wrong forum. Just a giant neon sign flashing saying "I have no life and nothing better to worry about than pointless shit on the internet!"[/quote]

Well said.:applause:

[quote name='laaj']Finally a proper Castlevania without any gimmick. I hated the stylus and duo characters of previous versions.[/QUOTE]

I hated the styus shit in Dawn, but liked the dual character stuff in Portrait. Added some variety and some new types of puzzles.

Series needs some change up as there's been way to many of these Metroidvania games over the past few years (SOTN, 3 on the GBA, 2 on the DS with another coming).

That said I'll still buy this one....

Bump - this thread is much better as a Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia thread than the one with everyone bitching about deal or no deal.

man, i cant wait for this game. the glyph's look sick! i swear castlevania games are the only ones i look forward to anymore... :drool:

If I didnt know any better, I'd say her sprite is slightly bigger than the other protagonists in the DS series.

They've replaced the standard backdash with a backwards roll, which if I remember correctly, you can use to cancel attacks. You can also cancel the roll with a jump.

So you can go attack, roll to cancel, jump to cancel roll, attack....I think anyway.

It was weird that you cant really attack at all without using MP.

I'm wondering if I should sell my sealed Double-Pack and pick this up instead.

I liked SotN, loved CotM and haven't played a Metroid-style Castlevania since.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm wondering if I should sell my sealed Double-Pack and pick this up instead.

I liked SotN, loved CotM and haven't played a Metroid-style Castlevania since.[/quote]
You should play the GBA Castlevania games before you pick up any for the DS, you get spoiled having the map on the second screen.

[quote name='willardhaven']Hmmm, well I finished Circle of the Moon... is Aria remarkably better?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd say remarkably better. But it is indeed an excellent game.

HoD seemed like the weakest to me, even though a small portion say it is a good title. It's been forever since I've played Aria though, but I remember it being good.

Hmmm. I guess I'm not being much help here.

That's alright. Honestly I like CotM slightly more than SotN... so I might be in the minority as far as Castlevania fans are concerned.

I'm just going to have to play all the GBA installments and then Order of Ecclesia.

Honestly all the GBA Castlevania games sort of blur together to me. They're all good games, but none of them stand out to me like SotN.

bread's done
Back