cat scratching post

daria19

CAGiversary!
My cat has never used her scratching post for scratching, but instead uses it as a stepstool. She is around 15 lbs, and destroyed her last one (from Walmart). Sometimes she goes tearing through the room and jumps on the scratching post with a fair amount of force. Can anyone recommend a sturdy and reasonably priced scratching post, with a platform for the cat to jump on?

you try putting some catnip in a bottle of water and letting it soak for a bit then spray the cat tree... drives my cats nuts.

0244-0604-2018-0523_TN.jpg

I found one with 3 stories at meijer(don't know if you have one near you) that's pretty sturdy. They have them on sale this week for $24.

BTW, Speedy, where did you get that star trek sig. That is pretty damn funny.

i got mine here, sure it's a little spendy for mine but they have some cheaper ones

http://www.armarkat.com/

this is the one i bought have had it for over 2 years and 2 across country moves and it's still just as sturdy as ever http://www.armarkat.com/a7401.htm

please note SHIPPING on this site is free that's what makes them such a good deal for the size of some of these cat trees and theere great workman ship... if you buy the same thing on ebay you will pay almost the same price and have to pay 70$ shipping... i shopped around for several months before i decided on the one i have. and my 2 cats are on it all the time.

I've got a gigantic Armarkat tree & we have 4 cats & they all love climbing around on it. Best $100 we ever spent considering we paid about $130 for our last cat tree which was a 1/4 of the size. Armarkat is highly recommended!

i saw a nice one at costco, it was under $40 and was a good size, had a tunnel and a platform to lay in. same thing at petco would be at least $100

If your cat tends to jump on her scratching post/stand with some force you could always put a weight on the base.

I did that because my cat would jump to her post from a higher place and sometimes tip the stand over. Seemed easier to drop a couple 10lb barbells on the base than to wait for her to learn her lesson. Plus it gave me a place to finally put those barbells....

bread's done
Back