Catch a glimpse at the future of rap: The best rapper ever, inside.

[quote name='mikej012']Sounds about on par with 95% of hip hop today.[/quote]
That's an ignorant statement.

Okay, so we have people in this thread who either A). Don't take the initiative to find good hip hop or B). Go along with the false idea that mainstream hip hop represents the majority of hip hop.

If so, I'm surprised you didn't come sooner.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']That's an ignorant statement.

Okay, so we have people in this thread who either A). Don't take the initiative to find good hip hop or B). Go along with the false idea that mainstream hip hop represents the majority of hip hop.

If so, I'm surprised you didn't come sooner.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

When listening to hip hop/rap, I immediately listen for the 3 required inclusions.

1. A reference to one's own performance name (got this in the first ten seconds)
2. "Yeah" or "uh". I did not get this, although I only made it 52 seconds.
3. Someone throwing dollar bills (no video, so missed out on this one.)

That kid's voice is terrible even after being passed through a synth.

If so, I'm surprised you didn't come sooner.[/quote]He said 95%. Are you claiming that hip-hop is somehow immune to Sturgeon's Law?

[quote name='The Crotch']He said 95%. Are you claiming that hip-hop is somehow immune to Sturgeon's Law?[/quote]

That was strangely specific.

Right. What we need are more people to listen to those hip-hop artists nobody's ever heard of, that all the younger brothers of the mid-90's skateboard kids (or their children!) think are underground. Like Lupe Fiasco. He's so underground, he'd never get nominated for a grammy, for instance.

[quote name='mykevermin'] Like Lupe Fiasco. He's so underground, he'd never get nominated for a grammy, for instance.[/QUOTE]

Can't think of anyone I know who considers that dude is "underground"

The thing is, mainstream hip hop does represent the majority of hip hop.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Can't think of anyone I know who considers that dude is "underground"[/QUOTE]

Can you think of anyone who considers sarcasm?

Fart_bubble!

What are you doing here? Why aren't you shooting bitches? JJ has an easy shot for you if you're not lying on the street looking for needles right now.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. What we need are more people to listen to those hip-hop artists nobody's ever heard of, that all the younger brothers of the mid-90's skateboard kids (or their children!) think are underground. Like Lupe Fiasco. He's so underground, he'd never get nominated for a grammy, for instance.[/quote]

Thick on the sarcasm there. Really, what was the point in that? Just to demean my opinion or what? I think you're trying to say that people shouldn't have to search for good hip hop or possibly that underground is bad, but what you say is in no way straightforward. My point was that if you don't like current mainstream hip hop and you want something better, it is out there. Some of favorite hip hop artists were mainstream at one point and I have no real need to like anything that's underground.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The thing is, mainstream hip hop does represent the majority of hip hop.[/quote] That is right, I misinterpreted the term "represent". Anyway, all hip hop aint bad $$$$as.

"girrrllll... we can head to your crib and we can do the, don dun... dan .. don... "

Hahaha! This can't be real.

"Girrrll, I'm the man you never seen.... girlll when you turn 16.... we can go to mah cribbb.."

What!?

No, my point is that there's hardly anything that constitutes "underground" in the internet age.

Trading cassettes with Scandanavians via MRR classifieds? That's some way to get something considered "underground." But when you can google and download an entire artist's catalog in mere minutes, there's nothing, in terms of access, that separates the mainstream and non-mainstream anymore.

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME...BITCH. :rofl: Oh man.

With the Homies is my shit. I'm gonna rep dat when I roll through my hood. That homie talkin bout that Chi.

Lupe sucks. So does Common and Kanye. All the dumb yuppie whiteys love that shit. It's terrible.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah it is. All of it.[/quote]u aint a $$$$a

I really hope you all weren't assuming that I'd be into Lupe , Kanye, and Common because their "conscious" hip hop raps connect musically to me, a whiteboy who is too good for that materialistic non lyrical musical recordings.

In all honestly, I can't stand most conscious raps A lot of them are really pretentious because somehow their rhymes have more meaning. I don't really like people preaching to me during a song. That just isn't amusing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']With the way things are, he'll end up rich/famous.

Very sad.[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought you'd be the guy's biggest fan. Crap like that is usually right up your alley :whistle2:#

[quote name='help1']Where exactly are the voice comments? I am not familiar with myspace, so I don't know where they are.[/quote]

Look on the left side under the message me add me n crap

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I honestly thought you'd be the guy's biggest fan. Crap like that is usually right up your alley :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You know...

Actually, I don't really care. Carry on.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. What we need are more people to listen to those hip-hop artists nobody's ever heard of, that all the younger brothers of the mid-90's skateboard kids (or their children!) think are underground. Like Lupe Fiasco. He's so underground, he'd never get nominated for a grammy, for instance.[/QUOTE]
Well, Myke I'm sorry to tell you but Lupe already won a Grammy for his song "Daydreamin'" for best R&B and Hip Hop Collaberation with Jill Scott of his first album Food & Liquor. So, he isn't that underground.

[quote name='4 POUNDZ']
[FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif] "MY aim is vasilaka4pundz(HALLA IF YU WANNA COLLAB)" [/FONT] [/quote]

Someone here needs to take advantage of that opportunity as soon as possible.

[quote name='mykevermin']Dag nabbit. I give up on sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was pretty obvious. I don't get how they didn't catch it.

I'm honestly shocked that there was no mention of my boy, Eli Porter. I also have no idea what happened between now and the first few posts.

"I stole your money. I had to pay the honeys. I killed the Ku Kux Klan. I ran their ass with the fuckin van." - Hot. Fire.

bread's done
Back