Catherine 57.99 @ buy.com

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henry00x']Amazon has the better deal it comes with the artbook and soundtrack[/QUOTE]

So does buy.com according to the title when you click on the link.
Catherine (Includes Sound Disc and Art Book)

Really tempting since I have a gift card kicking around...

Also, if you sign up for eBates in my sig, you can get a bonus cash back for Buy.com for 2.5% (literally like Bing cashback), so that's another $2 you'll get back later plus the $5 bonus for signing up).

this is the same as getting $20 promo...only problem is u have to wait 45 days to use the points. if u can wait that long then i say go for it, since its unlikely amz is gonna add a $20 promo credit between now and release date.

The $20 in points is a damn fine deal and enough to put me over the edge on buying this, even if I have to then figure out something to buy at buy.com

thanks OP, i cancelled my amazon order

I dont mind waiting 45 days at all, this makes the deal that much sweeter getting $20 credit to use on a future purchase

Anybody else feel like it would be pretty damn awkward if you had all the CE swag lying around if you brought a girl home and into your room?

Wow $2 cheaper & we get $20 credit? I enjoyed the demo and I expect this to be another one that will not get cheaper so I might as well cash in now. I buy from buy every now and then-I have a whopping 38 pionts pending atm so I'll probably save $20.38 on my next order! :p

Choosing the standard PS3 version though I think I'd rather earn some achievements. Idk why but I just feel like Japanese games are better on their native console.

Thanks OP.

Reading the FAQ - super points expire in 180 days, but you can't redeem them for at least 45 days from the time something is shipped. They do say that promotional point expirations may be different, but I cannot find anything on the page that clarifies how long the Catherine points will be active.

Hmmm.... why is the PS3 Alternate $4 more -.-

That's the only thing I'd pick up from them since I'd be paying in cash instead of credit.

I guess it's Deluxe pre-order at GS, Alternate at Buy, and cancel my Amazon pre-orders...

[quote name='nikkai']Anybody else feel like it would be pretty damn awkward if you had all the CE swag lying around if you brought a girl home and into your room?[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend is just jealous of all the CE swag I have, lol.

I don't quite understand why none of these retailers ever couple the gamer credits w/ CE's.. it's kinda lame. Plus, even with the $2 discount and credit, release day shipping is non-existent. So if you want it day one, your $20 credit practically goes entirely to paying for shipping.

I'm pretty sure they bank on it selling well for how many were produced regardless, even though so many drop in price anyway, who knows.

[quote name='Xellos2099']hmmm.... anyone try let tell amazon the lower price and hope amazon cave?[/QUOTE]

I did in hopes of going back to amazon.

Hey guys, hope I'm not late to the party. If you head to ebates.com and sign up for an account you can get a 2.5% cashback from buy.com

So it's $57.99 - $1.45 = $56.54 + $20 Credit.

So it aint bad. I mean, a dollar-fifty to sign up and click on a link is not bad.
Hope that helps someone.

I also submitted the price to Amazon.
Why can't Amazon compete with this credit?
Either I'll recreate my Amazon preorder or I'll just settle for the game when it drops to $15. They can take my $37 now or $15 later.

Sold! just pre ordered and it says it comes with artbook and soundtrack just like amazon. Not a bad price with a 20 dollar credit

op should update the thread title to reflect the $20 credit. i don't think too many people are aware of it. oh and the price dropped to $56.99 now.

Did anyone get their order yet. I just received mine today and it didn't have the artbook or sound track. I feel like I'm getting totally screwed but I'm on support right now......

[quote name='solarisv']Did anyone get their order yet. I just received mine today and it didn't have the artbook or sound track. I feel like I'm getting totally screwed but I'm on support right now......[/QUOTE]

I got mine yesterday. I got the regular edition and it had both the artbook and soundtrack.

[quote name='barrit']I got mine yesterday. I got the regular edition and it had both the artbook and soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

We'll I guess I know for sure I'm getting screwed now.

[quote name='solarisv']We'll I guess I know for sure I'm getting screwed now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they messed up considering they're still offering the $20 credit and still have the game listed as: Catherine (Includes Sound Disc and Art Book)

We'll it looks like their out of stock after I talked to their support apparently they didn't have anymore of the bonuses and just sent some of us the regular game. I guess they were thinking we're dumb enough not to have notice instead of telling us so we can pre-order it else where. You can't even get the bonuses from Amazon anymore. Looks like all I can do now is either do a full refund or keep the game w/o the bonuses. God, I knew I should've ordered from amazon but I was tempted by the $20 credit. FU*K.

And yes it took them 30min on chat to tell me this.

Update: I was able to get a partial credit.

Walmart sells the game with the bonuses bundled in, but you get the alternate zoomed in artwork.

Mine took a while to ship so I'll be a bit mad if it happens. I want to spread my money around to Amazon's competitors but if they can't manage to give me my artbook and soundtrack I can't justify any future business with them.

Got the game on Thursday. Not bad for free shipping seeing the game came out Tuesday. Got the PS3 verison and came with artbook and soundtrack.

[quote name='scottc1s']Got the game on Thursday. Not bad for free shipping seeing the game came out Tuesday. Got the PS3 verison and came with artbook and soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. I was surprised how quickly I got the game actually.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Did the artbook and soundtrack come packaged with the game or seperate package[/QUOTE]

The art book had the sound disc in the back cover and was shrink-wrapped with the game.

jgiovanni, they were packaged together.

I got it Thursday as well.
I played for a few hours and love it. It's frustratingly difficult at times,
but the masochist in me kinda enjoys that.

I bought a copy at... ... eugh... GameStop... to ensure I had the preorder goodies. If my buy.com parcel arrives without them, I keep the GS copy. If not, I return a copy to GS.

Speaking of which, you guys said the art book and CD came shrinkwrapped around the box with the buy.com copies? With the silver sticker on the front saying FREE ART BOOK SOUNDTRACK INCLUDED?

I just want to make sure as I think I'll open the GS copy and play it now, return the Buy.com copy to GS.

bread's done
Back