Catherine: Love Is Over Edition-$49.99 @ Amazon(sold from/shipped by Amazon)

Been waiting forever for Gamefly to do another $15 used sale on this. I check the site like every day now because I missed it the past two times :(

[quote name='YBX87']did you buy it ? LOL[/QUOTE]
I bought the vanilla version for PS3 from the evil empire(GS) during that Game Days type sale a while ago for $30, which is the new MSRP for the vanilla edition now.

didn't they say these were supposed to be preorders only back then? it seems like amazon has a warehouse full of these

This was a great game (finished it a couple days ago). It has multiple endings and you have the finish the game 8 times to get them all (UGH). Or you can look on youtube, but you don't get trophies. :(

Anyway, I recommend this game highly. The puzzles are frustrating but addicting, and the story is top-notch. I don't recommend getting Love Is Over edition - unless you want some large boxers the main character wears and other stuff.

Even though I got this version, I still recommend the vanilla version of the game.
I only got this version because I found it for $35 on Amazon Warehouse deals.

[quote name='style_unseen']This was a great game (finished it a couple days ago). It has multiple endings and you have the finish the game 8 times to get them all (UGH). Or you can look on youtube, but you don't get trophies. :(

Anyway, I recommend this game highly. The puzzles are frustrating but addicting, and the story is top-notch. I don't recommend getting Love Is Over edition - unless you want some large boxers the main character wears and other stuff.

Even though I got this version, I still recommend the vanilla version of the game.
I only got this version because I found it for $35 on Amazon Warehouse deals.[/QUOTE]

really ? boxers? the cover pictures on this game reminds me of some hentai crap. LOL

[quote name='style_unseen']This was a great game (finished it a couple days ago). It has multiple endings and you have the finish the game 8 times to get them all (UGH). Or you can look on youtube, but you don't get trophies. :(

I only got this version because I found it for $35 on Amazon Warehouse deals.[/QUOTE]

This game was q-Bert with a predictable story. :puke:

[quote name='YBX87']really ? boxers? the cover pictures on this game reminds me of some hentai crap. LOL[/QUOTE]
They were talking about the CE of the game(aka the focus of this deal thread) and the boxers come from the main character named Vincent, who wears them throughout the game.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This game was q-Bert with a predictable story. :puke:[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it to be predictable necessarily, but the characters were pretty one-dimensional. People are always blown away by video game writing that would be laughed at in any other medium, and this was no exception.

That said, the game was pretty unique and I'm still glad I bought it/played it. Plenty of flaws story-wise and the puzzles are okay, but I'll take a game that tries to do something different over the same vanilla FPS crap any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='akathatoneguy']I didn't find it to be predictable necessary, but the characters were pretty one-dimensional. People are always blown away by video game writing that would be laughed at in any other medium, and this was no exception.

That said, the game was pretty unique and I'm still glad I bought it/played it. Plenty of flaws story-wise and the puzzles are okay, but I'll take a game that tries to do something different over the same vanilla FPS crap any day.[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. This was something different in a sea of clones of clones of popular games.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This game was q-Bert with a predictable story. :puke:[/QUOTE]

That explains the 4.5-5 star Amazon rating.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']hmm maybe I'll buy the 360 version to have Katherine so my Catherine won't be lonely[/QUOTE]
Not lonely here. :lol:

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I'm usually all about CE's, but the extras in this one are pretty strange, dunno if I wanna spend the money.[/QUOTE]

The stuff can actually be used unlike 99% of other CE stuff which are only for display aka dust collecting. ;)

$50 seems a little steep even though this is probably one of the cooler CEs out there. Hopefully there will be another price drop. I would consider it if it were in the $25 - $35 area.

You obviously have not played the game and beat it if you say the story is predictable. Typical troll post

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The stuff can actually be used unlike 99% of other CE stuff which are only for display aka dust collecting. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That's why the dragon statue in my Skyrim CE is still in the box. I know it'd just collect dust once I took it out and set it up.

By the way, where'd you get that Katherine/Catherine avatar from?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
By the way, where'd you get that Katherine/Catherine avatar from?[/QUOTE]

I forgot. I got it a long while ago while surfing the net for this game's content. Thought it was pretty cool (or hot). Only wish it's an animated one. :lol:

I'm surprised this is still priced this high. Most CEs drop faster than this. Maybe because it's a niche game.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The stuff can actually be used unlike 99% of other CE stuff which are only for display aka dust collecting. ;)[/QUOTE]

ProTip: If you're buying it used, make sure you ask if the boxers have been used.

This is a game that got quite good and was almost ruined by the ending with a development that made little sense and made the game fall flat. It should have ended after a certain event (huge spoilers but if you play the game it's obvious) that made me go "wow....I was actually in suspense..." but then it pulls a "cop out" and goes downhill from there almost to the point of silliness.

In the end it thinks you have the attention span of a child, looks down at you and flat out tells you the themes of the game. Also the "decisions" you have to make are either so extreme but you have no other option but to pick it or are vague and when you choose it you find out it was something different. Either way it affects you and it is quite black and white, which is a shame.

It was a game that had a lot of potential and I would recommend it as a rental. Play at least one of the endings and YouTube the others (unless you care about trophies). Each playthrough is exactly the same until the very end so it might not be worth it for some to play it eight times (you can get ~five of the endings on one save if you save near the final act after the cop out revelation). After seeing all eight endings there is little reason to go back.

bread's done
Back