Catherine US Release Confirmed

I love this so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

Honestly though I'm not as hyped for this as I'd thought I'd be. Gameplay seems odd to me. Hopefully a demo comes out stateside.

I'm a little unsure since from videos I've seen of the actual gameplay I'm not sure it will be my cup of tea (I just have a hard time imagining block pushing being enjoyable for an extended period of time let alone a whole game of it); but I'll probably still strongly consider picking it up.

I'm curious to see if the difficulty will be adjusted for the localized version-- apparently the Japanese release is frustratingly difficult, even on the easiest setting. In any case I don't see myself paying $60 for this at launch, unless they include a heck of a preorder bonus. Which, this being Atlus, they might.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm curious. I like the 360 cover better for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm infatuated with the coverart on both versions, so I hope Atlus will do reversible cover for the US release :drool: .

I read about this in OXM and assumed it wouldn't ever make it to the US. I'm pleasantly surprised that it is.

Of course, the next question will be PS3 or 360?

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I'm infatuated with the coverart on both versions, so I hope Atlus will do reversible cover for the US release :drool: .[/QUOTE]

This, although I do give an edge to the 360 artwork, so if that was the deciding factor, the 360 wins for me.

I want this game, I'm just not sure if I should wait for the price to drop, since it'll probably sell poorly, but it might become rare, as so many games of this type do.

oh great! i found the "bitch about how i literally just imported catherine" thread.....looks like i'll be double dippin on this one. touche atlus, touche.

[quote name='sigmano9']oh great! i found the "bitch about how i literally just imported catherine" thread.....looks like i'll be double dippin on this one. touche atlus, touche.[/QUOTE]

You're a fucking idiot if you seriously thought Atlus wouldn't release this here. You couldn't wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS for an announcement? That's just about record time for them too.

There was no doubt we'd get the game eventually, but i definitely didn't expect it this soon. I was expecting in, say, 2 months for a formal announcement of a Winter 2011 release. It coming out in July is a pleasant surprise. But boy, Shadows of the DAMNED and Alice: Madness Returns were just announced for June today as well. That's going to be an expensive summer. And that's not counting other titles coming out this summer, either.

Sometimes it'd be nice if games were spread out evenly throughout the year instead of just one specific season getting a massive rush of games.

[quote name='Buuhan1']There was no doubt we'd get the game eventually, but i definitely didn't expect it this soon. I was expecting in, say, 2 months for a formal announcement of a Winter 2011 release. It coming out in July is a pleasant surprise. But boy, Shadows of the DAMNED and Alice: Madness Returns were just announced for June today as well. That's going to be an expensive summer. And that's not counting other titles coming out this summer, either.

Sometimes it'd be nice if games were spread out evenly throughout the year instead of just one specific season getting a massive rush of games.[/QUOTE]

It just depends on your taste. I can find at least 2-3 must have games every month. I mean March alone there is Yakuza 4, Dragon aGe 2, Okamiden

Glad to see this get imported here. I am not surprised since it's made by the guys who did Persona and Persona is selling really well in the US. I haven't seen much of the game yet, but I will defiantly have to check it out.

[quote name='Chuplayer']So, what makes this game so special?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Glad to see this get imported here. I am not surprised since it's made by the guys who did Persona and Persona is selling really well in the US. I haven't seen much of the game yet, but I will defiantly have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

This. The "Persona" games are pretty darn good. I'm still not sure if this game will be my cup of tea, but I'm still following it.

The demo was underwhelming but I'm still curious about the rest of the experience.

Not sure if I'm $60 worth of curious, though...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm curious to see if the difficulty will be adjusted for the localized version-- apparently the Japanese release is frustratingly difficult, even on the easiest setting. In any case I don't see myself paying $60 for this at launch, unless they include a heck of a preorder bonus. Which, this being Atlus, they might.[/QUOTE]
Apparently they released a patch for the game in Japan to make it a bit easier. So I'd assume we'd get that as well.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm curious. I like the 360 cover better for some reason.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JasonTerminator']This, although I do give an edge to the 360 artwork, so if that was the deciding factor, the 360 wins for me.

I want this game, I'm just not sure if I should wait for the price to drop, since it'll probably sell poorly, but it might become rare, as so many games of this type do.[/QUOTE]

I think both covers look great, but, that 360 cover is just awesome.

I get my multiplatform games on 360 anyway, so that's where I'll be getting this.

[quote name='IRHari']What is this shit?[/QUOTE]

It's Fatlus.
24q7c79.png

[quote name='TheLongshot']This. The "Persona" games are pretty darn good. I'm still not sure if this game will be my cup of tea, but I'm still following it.[/QUOTE]

What makes Persona games so special? And what does Catherine have to do with it?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're a fucking idiot if you seriously thought Atlus wouldn't release this here. You couldn't wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS for an announcement? That's just about record time for them too.[/QUOTE]

You are always such a positive person Dead lol.

Game looks odd, very odd.

[quote name='JEKKI']I'm gonna buy 6 copies!

2 for PS3

2 for 360

and 2 for NGP!!

that's how much I love it![/QUOTE]

Ultimate Fatlus?

I'll probably be getting it for 360, but that PS3 boxart is tempting

Very excellent news indeed. In for the 360 version. I haven't played many Atlus games, but I must say I am intrigued by Catherine.

[quote name='pete5883']I wonder if they pushed up the announcement to quell all the 'OMG NEVER COMING HERE' retards.[/QUOTE]

There's no wondering, I'm actually pretty much certain that they did.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There's no wondering, I'm actually pretty much certain that they did.[/QUOTE]

Now, if only Namco would do that for Vesperia on PS3...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There's no wondering, I'm actually pretty much certain that they did.[/QUOTE]
Well if it's really coming in July, they probably wouldn't have waited for E3 in June to announce it. And they had already started sending out pink emails...

[quote name='pete5883']Well if it's really coming in July, they probably wouldn't have waited for E3 in June to announce it. And they had already started sending out pink emails...[/QUOTE]

It was probably pushed up by a couple weeks to a month at the most. But I'm betting it was still pushed up from the original date.

bread's done
Back