Cave Shmups coming to live arcade

I just crapped a rainbow!!!! Cave shmups in HD? amazing.

Bout fucking time MS recognizes REAL game lovers. Now they can pull their heads out of their asses and contact Nihon Falcom about putting "Y's" on arcade and the full PC version of "Faxanadu".

Hate to shit all over your happiness, but these are lookin' to be retail releases. I'll still be picking both of these up myself, though. At the very least, this bodes well for stuff like Deathsmiles or Espgaluda II, but I don't see these hitting the US, especially not as retail releases.

Scans:

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vip757599yb2.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vip757601lg8.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vip757603or8.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vip757605ug3.jpg

[quote name='gunm']Oh I'm definitely importing a Japan 360 and these games when they come out.[/QUOTE]

And people wonder why I bought a Japanese 360. "Raiden Jet Fighters" is coming to the JPN 360 as well. Truthfully I'd prefer the originals.
American 360 is almost worthless for game costs and exclusive games to it with English subtitles. "Bullet Witch" and "Culdcept Saga" are the only two like that and I suspect it wil stay that way.

Godfuckingsonufabitchcrapshit...

DDP DOJ is like my favorite shmup ever. Or Mushihimesama is. Or maybe Radiant Silvergun. At any rate, Microsoft isn't helping me here.

I really don't want a Japanese 360, they're too fragile and if it breaks, I can't imagine being able to send it back to MS in the US for repair.

I will echo my unnamed source and say that I will likely NOT have to import them.

Even if that does fall through, I don't mind importing too much--still a lot cheaper than PCBs and a supergun setup.

Somehow, if these get a domestic release, I can see them throwing both games into a single retail package, and then printing like 5 copies so it gets hella rare, hella fast. I really hope it happens (the first part, at least.)

if they make it stateside, I hope they are budgeted priced. I really want these but sadly nowadays, I have a hard time justifying $60 for a shooter (and lets be honest, if they make it here, they are gonna be pre-order it or you miss out on them so a price drop is out of the question).

Still don't get the whole cutting down on arcade ports bullshit. They keep trying to get traction in the Japan market and they pull this shit.

Ketsui runs $1500 and up for the PCB alone, and that's if you can find it for sale. I can stomach whatever retail price they'll come up with for this and DDOJ.

i could see why they rejected them possibly, like the comment said at the end of the article. The games are extremely hard and may not be fit for a service mainly used for casual games

[quote name='fart_bubble']if they make it stateside, I hope they are budgeted priced. I really want these but sadly nowadays, I have a hard time justifying $60 for a shooter (and lets be honest, if they make it here, they are gonna be pre-order it or you miss out on them so a price drop is out of the question).

Still don't get the whole cutting down on arcade ports bullshit. They keep trying to get traction in the Japan market and they pull this shit.[/QUOTE]

They're stupid Gaijin who don't understand the Japanese market, maybe not from lack of trying or maybe not. This statement also extends somewhat to the console market here absent the Gaijin comment.
I will grant one that the shmup market isn't so big here but overall given the increase of Japanese product I can't completely fault them but I can say they need to broaden their mindset. MS just wants the majors like Konami, Capcom, EnixSquare and Namco for instance. They need to realize courting smaller devs. who may not have thought about putting their product on a console from a PC or handheld could pay off tremendously. They could get a highly innovative, thoughtful niche game or games out of the process. This is why I push for Nihon Falcom product on the arcade. I would love to see the full PC version of "Faxanadu" realized for the first time ever in the U.S. market. Putting "Arcturus: The Curse and Loss Of Divinity" from Gravity would be another great step as it's an Isometric view Action RPG. There's also Softmax who has made the Magna Carta games as well as Rhapsody Of Zephyr, a GREAT looking topdown 2D RPG and Tempest.
I really think MS should reconsider about the shmup's on both sides. If need be only have it for a limited time and remove the DRM so if someone's 360 has to go in for repair they're not fucked.
I'd also say to hire me or a gamer who actually pays attention to the Japanese market to help.

[quote name='ddrpower']Sorry to bring this up, but I have bad news.

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/8086-5pb_xbla_turned_down_dodonpachi_and_ketsui/

XBLA has rejected those games. They'll have to turn to retail now, which in turn means that we probably will never see them in the US.[/quote]

Microsoft just doesn't get it. I have no doubt that they could be the number one console in every market if they would just stop shooting themsleves in the foot with bad decisions.

It's like the only success they have is in spite of the fact that they seem to know nothing about videogames. They would be nowhere if it wasnt for American FPS and sports/racing fans keeping them alive. They cant design hardware, they cant design software, and they cant sell anything outside of the US.

This cracks me up, everybody (gaming media, developers, & gamers) bitched that there were too many arcade ports for the arcade. Microsoft listened and decided to release far fewer arcade ports. Now that the arcade ports are what people want, they bitch.

F##############cccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk! Why don't they let the damn gamers decide! I'd love to have the more obscure stuff on XBLA, ports, new games. I buy what is good and don't need MS to filter the content. I hope the freaks for these games raise a big stink and MS lets them come out. I can't speak for others but the aount of "classic" games has zero bearing on what I buy.

[quote name='peteloaf']This cracks me up, everybody (gaming media, developers, & gamers) bitched that there were too many arcade ports for the arcade. Microsoft listened and decided to release far fewer arcade ports. Now that the arcade ports are what people want, they bitch.[/QUOTE]

Bitching about $5 Gauntlet is worlds different than bitching about paying $10 for hard to find, never released in the US shmups.

anything that's not another puzzle game is fine by me. I'm about to get tired of XBLA looking like yahoo! games.
But skip the bullet hell, I don't know one person that doesn't like a good beat em up

I haven't played any of the Cave Shumps. For one that they're hard to find. But, I'd buy it on the spot because Shumps are so damn fun.

There's so much Bullshit on the Arcade today anyway and they're cutting unknown games like that?

Is this the year that M$ drops the ball?

[quote name='defmonkey05']I haven't played any of the Cave Shumps. For one that they're hard to find. But, I'd buy it on the spot because Shumps are so damn fun.

There's so much Bullshit on the Arcade today anyway and they're cutting unknown games like that?

Is this the year that M$ drops the ball?[/QUOTE]

As far as XBLA goes, MS has been fucking up since day 1...

[quote name='peteloaf']This cracks me up, everybody (gaming media, developers, & gamers) bitched that there were too many arcade ports for the arcade. Microsoft listened and decided to release far fewer arcade ports. Now that the arcade ports are what people want, they bitch.[/QUOTE]

no, everyone was bitching about retro arcade crap.

[quote name='Apossum']no, everyone was bitching about retro arcade crap.[/quote]

And rightfully so in those cases. $5 for a single game with very few additions (and usually poor ports for the initial ones) when you could get that plus 9 to 25 more since they were on various collections for other major systems? Not cool.

It's a shame but we'll see what happens, I guess. I'd love it if Atlus would publish them in the US and give them small print runs (maybe a bit under Raiden 3's NPD numbers), but a guy can dream.

bread's done
Back