CC $8.48 games (YMMV?)

iceblast21

CAGiversary!
More update: The bins are marked as "50% off - Prices as marked" but another shopper ran back for a game and told me it was 50% off of the marked prices.

I don't personally think that's accurate, BUT since they're MANUALLY ENTERING PRICES INTO THE CASH REGISTER, it's completely possible to head into VH CC and tell them this. (I just wish I had thought of that yesterday! DAMMIT!)

Most of the stuff is GH and Platinum junk. A lot of the better stuff is already gone (No God Hand, Tales of Legendia, MM, or Conkers).

Some games I saw in the bins...
Burn Out 3 (360?) - $4.48
Red Dead Revolver (xbox)- $8.48
MM: Anniversary Collection (xbox) - $6.48
Jade Empire: LE (xbox) - $8.48
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (xbox) - $6.48
Half Life 2 (xbox) - $4.48
Hitman 2 (xbox) - $4.48
Hitman: Bloodmoney (PS2) - $8.48

And of course a bunch of crap movie titles and old sports games.

Update: The games all had WHITE STICKERS with HANDWRITTEN prices. And they had to be manually entered into their system.

So these deals must be VERY YMMV. I only found one copy of most of the better games...

I might make a trip to Gurnee Mills to see if their CC has any of these deals (bigger store), but I have a feeling that this is a single store clearing inventory.

I was just at the Vernon Hills, IL CC and I saw a bunch of games in the front (in bins) for $8.48 and less.

Got a copy of Godhand ($8.48!!!) and a copy of Big Mutha Truckers ($4.48).

This sale is probably VERY YMMV, but it's worth a look if any of you have time to check around. Otherwise, try and get to the location I mentioned before the good stuff is gone.

Saw a MM:pOWERED UP (PSP), Conkers (Xbox), PHANTASY STAR ONLINE (360), Death Jr. (PSP), Dragon Ball Budokai (1 and 2), Soul Caliber 3 (PS2), SW Battlefront (PS2), etc. etc. etc.

So some good stuff amongst the crap Powerpuff and Narnia games!
All the GBA Videos are $2.48, so if you want any, you can't beat that price.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Yeah, Godhand at that price is INSANE... I couldn't believe it...

But what about Phantasy Star Universe for 360??? $8.48 is crazy cheap for that...

I also remember seeing a Tales of Legendia for $8.48.

If this was nationwide, I would have bothered with a full list of titles, but I doubt many other stores are doing it...

[quote name='iceblast21']Yeah, Godhand at that price is INSANE... I couldn't believe it...

But what about Phantasy Star Universe for 360??? $8.48 is crazy cheap for that...

I also remember seeing a Tales of Legendia for $8.48.

If this was nationwide, I would have bothered with a full list of titles, but I doubt many other stores are doing it...[/QUOTE]

Actually CC prices are always universal, aren't they?

Go back and buy Conker's Bad Fur Day, NOW! That game is impossible to find new. If you can get me a copy (and if it's also 8.96) I'll pay you the cost plus another 5 + shipping.

Circuit City prices are almost always universal.

OP, did the games actually scan at those prices, or did they have to be manually entered? Also, were there price stickers on the games?

[quote name='dbz4ever']Good luck finding God Hand new at that price. CC is really cleaning house.[/QUOTE]
it shouldn't be hard to find, since most are turned off by the poor review scores. I thought it was a total blast though, highly recommend God hand to anyone that likes beat 'em ups at all...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Actually CC prices are always universal, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, we need the OP to answer if the prices were automatic or not. That should help answer it. This isn't Walmart, after all... If this is system-wide, I have a receipt or two to adjust ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, seriously, we need the OP to answer if the prices were automatic or not. That should help answer it. This isn't Walmart, after all... If this is system-wide, I have a receipt or two to adjust ;).[/QUOTE]

Yeah let's get some price checks goin'. Of course, 8.48 is exactly 50% off $16.96, so it could be that all clearance titles are half off, which would be nice.

I was just there the other day and everything was ringing up correct. I'm thinking its just a store trying to get rid of their inventory of clearence games. As IL is where they send all the games before they closeout.

[quote name='iceblast21']I was just at the Vernon Hills, IL CC and I saw a bunch of games in the front (in bins) for $8.48 and less.[/quote]

I was just at the Vernon Hills, IL CC yesterday as well! Did they have more copies of God Hand? I'll go pick one up over my lunch break if they do

God Hand is one of my fav games ever! I got it from CC a while ago. I will check out my CC in Fairfield, CA today and see whats up.

I would like a bit more confirmation on the number of God Hands out there before I make the hour drive. Or just confirmation that this clearance is system wide would be easier and beneficial to far more people.

I hear that game is retarded hard but looks pretty funny so I'm all for it.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm going to Circuit City NOW![/quote]

Let's hope his CC has Godhand... :bouncy:

[quote name='chewster777']I want to play Godhand! Is this nationwide?[/quote]

Sofa King Kool left about 20 mins ago, we'll find out w/in the next hour I presume :)

I think it's YMMV and just an individudal store markdown since $8.48 is exactly half of the price of $16.96 and CC price drops are always to levels ending in xx.x6 when it comes to clearance games

My CC had GodHand, but it was $16.96. =[ Oh well, at least I got Lord of the Rings Extended Edition for $8.99 each, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']My CC had GodHand, but it was $16.96. =[ Oh well, at least I got Lord of the Rings Extended Edition for $8.99 each, so it wasn't a wasted trip.[/QUOTE]

did u go ring it up?

Both God Hand and Tales of Legendia were $16.96 in CC's computer when I had them price-checked around noon today.

EDIT:

I had to return something at Best Buy and picked up Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds for $5, so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip ;)

when i was at cc on sunday in warren/youngstown ohio on business they had multiple copies of godhand but showing up at 18.96 or whatever. if only i had known!!!

I just came back from a CC in Rockville, MD. Their sale bins didn't seem to have anything of interest besides a lot of copies of Gun. I did find a widescreen copy of Starman that I had been looking for though so not a total waste of time.

[quote name='Josef']Circuit City prices are almost always universal.

OP, did the games actually scan at those prices, or did they have to be manually entered? Also, were there price stickers on the games?[/quote]

Games had manually written, white stickers on them. And yeah, they had to be manually entered into the system. I guess I should have posted that detail in the original post...

[quote name='iceblast21']Games had manually written, white stickers on them. And yeah, they had to be manually entered into the system. I guess I should have posted that detail in the original post...[/quote]

ooopppssss :lol:

[quote name='iceblast21']Games had manually written, white stickers on them. And yeah, they had to be manually entered into the system. I guess I should have posted that detail in the original post...[/QUOTE]

#-o

Well, unlike my last post suggested, I didn't get to go to Circuit City yesterday, but I will definitely be going today. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

[quote name='topnotch97']ooopppssss :lol:[/quote]

Thanks.

This is my second post, so mistakes will be made.

I promise to include all details in the future. As soon as someone puts me on a payroll.

This is a courtesy thing people!!!:roll:

[quote name='edavis0780']Go back and buy Conker's Bad Fur Day, NOW! That game is impossible to find new. If you can get me a copy (and if it's also 8.96) I'll pay you the cost plus another 5 + shipping.[/quote]

I was considering buying an Xbox just for this game. I had it in my hand and took 10 minutes...

Then I thought: is an $8.48 game worth a $130+ purchase??? Ehhh....

The original Conkers was awesome, though...

[quote name='iceblast21']I was considering buying an Xbox just for this game. I had it in my hand and took 10 minutes...

Then I thought: is an $8.48 game worth a $130+ purchase??? Ehhh....

The original Conkers was awesome, though...[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, the Xbox 360 demo machine in the Rockville, MD CC had that red ring of death thing going on. I really hope the new hardware revisions fix this since I want to get a 360 for the new Katamari Damacy.

[quote name='probablysober']That reminds me, the Xbox 360 demo machine in the Rockville, MD CC had that red ring of death thing going on. I really hope the new hardware revisions fix this since I want to get a 360 for the new Katamari Damacy.[/quote]

HA HA! That's pretty sad when the DEMO MACHINES are having the red ring of death...

At least Microsoft FINALLY owned up to this problem. I'm not sure whether to like them more for addressing the issue responsibly (3 yr warranties) or less for having the crappy-built hardware to begin with.

[quote name='iceblast21']HA HA! That's pretty sad when the DEMO MACHINES are having the red ring of death...

At least Microsoft FINALLY owned up to this problem. I'm not sure whether to like them more for addressing the issue responsibly (3 yr warranties) or less for having the crappy-built hardware to begin with.[/quote]

Demo machines are probably more prone to failure since they're running non-stop and they're in enclosed spaces.

bread's done
Back