CC Merchandise Returned To Warehouse

sandman007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I came across a strange situation while browsing through CC and noticed some games that used to be sold at this particular CC were suddenly gone. I'm talking about games that never sell and have been sitting for months if not years. I asked an employee about it and he said they were sent back to the main CC warehouse. So my question is: What happens to these games that are sent back?

The other interesting thing is that their UPCs are also deleted from the store inventory. Maybe someone who works there can shed some light to my question?

what he means by warehouse is the main distribution center. My guess to what happens after that is they are then added to the inventory of circuitcity.com.

I remeber this happened at my store about a year or so ago we had a shit ton of slow moving games that jut disappered one day. Then a few weeks later there was a blow out of clearance games online. So thats where I believe they went.

bill123

[quote name='bill123']what he means by warehouse is the main distribution center. My guess to what happens after that is they are then added to the inventory of circuitcity.com.

I remeber this happened at my store about a year or so ago we had a shit ton of slow moving games that jut disappered one day. Then a few weeks later there was a blow out of clearance games online. So thats where I believe they went.

bill123[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply! I assumed as much. I also thought CC might have just sold the inventory to another wholesaler at a reduced price just to get rid of them.

Circuit City also sells some surplus, returned, and open box stuff on Ebay under the name Trading Circuits or something like that.

That's probably where companies get their games to sell as Front Lane games at BB and other stores that have those separate displays. (That explains why occasionally good games slip thru, like R&C for PSP.)

Every store does this, they send game back to the distribution center and then send the games out to the stores that will actually sell the game or the get rid of the games if they are too old.

When I was at gamecrazy it seemed like we did this once a month.

bread's done
Back