CC or BB employee?

chunkay

CAGiversary!
Alright guys. I know some of you have probably worked at the retail stores so I got some questions for you guys. I got an interview at both circuit city and best buy in a day or two. I was wondering which place has better pay, benefits, discounts, etc? Anyone know the specifics? Let me know so I can start working before I get back to school!!

Well my brother worked for Bestbuy and heard some horror stories from him and he got axed in a similar fashion to what Circuit City did when they axed all the long term employee's..

Overall I would say work for Bestbuy because they are the same beast in nature but at least Best Buy is more financially stable overall and plus you can get insider info on drops and penny guides and report them here:D

Lol I'm in college. I'm transferring from a JC to UCSD and I'm trying to make some cash during the summer so I can buy some stuff for my new place. Thanks for sounding so darn nice though.

OP as a current CC employee. Go with Best buy. Trust me CC is circling the drain and if your store is half as retarded as mine then it will suck. Also what postion are you going for?

If you got any questions drop me a PM

At Best Buy I worked hard to organize the games and actually help people but was constantly reprimanded for not learning the stupid Best Buy protocol or participating in their ridiculous morning ceremonies. They wanted me to sell like I was on commission but not receive any benefit from it.

Basically, take whichever pays better but make sure you don't put too much effort in, focus on school first.

Yeah I am focusing on school. This is a summer job before I transfer because I already got my AA and I'm just trying to make some cash. I might just take both offers because the CC interview is first, so I guess if I get both jobs I'll see which one pays more and then drop the other and the position I'm goin for is sales associate for CC and merchandising or music,video, and games for BB.

Would best buy hire a high school senior(17)? I wanted to get a job after summer, since I can't during summer because of the ton of summer school I have for fucking up the last 3 years. I'm somewhat of a tech guy, I know pretty much everything an employee needs to know about computer parts and electronics, actually some employees I've seen there are retarded and know nothing, I had to tell them because they couldn't tell me what was on the box, and I love how they tried to tell me that Macs are better for gaming.

Why don't you just get a job on campus, if you're a student? Campus jobs are typically pretty easy and you get paid pretty decently. At least, that's how it works at my school. I'm making $14.30/hr as a research assistant and I spend half the time just goofing off.

In all seriousness, I spent a summer in retail and quit after a month because I couldn't stand my manager. I didn't spend years studying to get into a top college just to take crap from a manager in a dead-end job with an overinflated ego.

Retail sucks. Leave the jobs for the high-school teenagers saving up for their first car.

Hey OP or anyone else for that matter, did you applied in stores or by online.

I'm asking because i did the application via online once in the past and nothing came of it.
I might want to get another job this summer so i'm just wondering if i should do it online again or go to the store.

Thanks.

[quote name='supraazn']Hey OP or anyone else for that matter, did you applied in stores or by online.

I'm asking because i did the application via online once in the past and nothing came of it.
I might want to get another job this summer so i'm just wondering if i should do it online again or go to the store.

Thanks.[/quote]When I asked in the store,they told me to apply online.

bread's done
Back