CC PS3 Wireless Madcatz controller - 10$ YMMV

brizon

CAG Veteran
Hey everyone,

first time poster here.

Recently got a ps3 (for the bluray player) for the 450 bucks at CC after returning the controller. But impulse bought Resistance yesterday from amazon after seeing it advertised here ;) .

Decided today to grab an extra third party controller to coop. The Madcatz wireless controller which retails for 39.99 rang up at 10$. You will not see this advertised, just ask an associate to check the price. It is on clearance.

Who would save $10 and get the Madcatz in the first place? I just don't see any reason to not spend the extra $10 and get a Sony controller...

[quote name='freshzen']Who would save $10 and get the Madcatz in the first place? I just don't see any reason to not spend the extra $10 and get a Sony controller...[/QUOTE]
Actually, you're saving between $30 and $40 over the Sony controller, but you're right about MadCatz. The only way I would take this controller is if it was free and even then I'd think about it.

[quote name='cleaver']I guess I didn't make myself clear, this is for a controller skin, not a controller.[/QUOTE]
You made yourself very clear. The OP, however, was talking about a controller, and so that's what we're discussing.

yes. i got a controller - works too. not saying its the best thing since sliced bread or anywhere near the quality of the official sony one, but if your looking for a cheap one to throw at your friends when they come over, its a deal.

[quote name='brizon']yes. i got a controller - works too. not saying its the best thing since sliced bread or anywhere near the quality of the official sony one, but if your looking for a cheap one to throw at your friends when they come over, its a deal.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't the NFL one, was it?

[quote name='mxpowar']Actually, you're saving between $30 and $40 over the Sony controller, but you're right about MadCatz. The only way I would take this controller is if it was free and even then I'd think about it.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about any gamer joe (or jane..) buying a PS3 controller at retail, $39.99 (madcatz) & $49.99 (sony). If you have the money for a PS3 you should have an extra $10 to spend lol

I'm going to go check now to see if I can find one and if it's $10. If so I'll grab one or two.

Only problem with some 3rd party controllers is they dont have the motion sensing thing of the Sixaxis

So has anyone found this but the OP? I'd like to get a cheap 2nd controller while waiting to see if rumble makes an appearance any time soon, but don't want to be driving around looking for whatever deal this is (and I dunno if there's enough info in this thread to call stores and get reliable answers)...

i found the madcatz 3rd party controller and its tag (wrong item) said 9.99 but when i price checked it said 39.99

i also saw controller skins for 9.99

Yeah, I went and asked for a price check on it and it isn't in their system for some reason.

Eventually after 10ish minutes they find it and say $39.99.

Definitely YMMV

bread's done
Back