CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god there was a mass of people in daytona. They had restock, but it was nearly wiped out by the time I got there(11:05). I did get something that hadn't been on the list - Romance of the Seven Kingdoms 7.

Nothing at Deptford, NJ. One guy that was standing outside with us said they put the bin out Wednesday. So needless to say, they only had a few crappy games left for today. I didn't even get my Roadkill, it was the game I wanted the most :cry:

Just got back from the Easton (Columbus, OH) CC. Got there at 11:10am. Only really looking for Xbox games. If you like Kabuki Warriors, check it out :)

Maybe had 4 other Xbox titles. 80-90% of what they had was PS1 stuff.

What a yawner. The only game I considered getting was Tony Hawk 3. The other Xbox games they had were sports woth one copy each of NHL 2002 and NBA 2k2 and NBA 2002.

Lame!

I loved hearing the manager strategize out loud about how he was going to place the bins for maximum exposure. Like it was his goal to say "Look at all the crap games we have."

[quote name='Finn123']Just got back from the Easton (Columbus, OH) CC. Got there at 11:10am. Only really looking for Xbox games. If you like Kabuki Warriors, check it out :)

Maybe had 4 other Xbox titles. 80-90% of what they had was PS1 stuff.

What a yawner. The only game I considered getting was Tony Hawk 3. The other Xbox games they had were sports woth one copy each of NHL 2002 and NBA 2k2 and NBA 2002.

Lame!

I loved hearing the manager strategize out loud about how he was going to place the bins for maximum exposure. Like it was his goal to say "Look at all the crap games we have."[/quote]

Thank you that saves me a trip today.

Just got back from Mt. Laurel, NJ and they had squat. What really pissed me off was that a few of the games in the $4.99 bin I was going to get didnt even ring up at $4.99! I think the CC cashier was a moron, because of course she scanned the old $20 price tag still on it instead of punching in the game's sku or whatever to see what it came up as...

I ended up with MLS Extra Time 2002. (I mean, I had to get SOMETHING)

nothing except for a few ps2 games at the CC in durham, NC. I just picked up a copy of defender that was still on the shelf and mortal kombat for the gba was in the bin.

well nothing for me...circuit city here in miami sucks ass....i got there before 11 and there were already nerds outside waiting with their laptop and their little lists...as cc was opening right off the bat they told everyoen that mostly all the games are sold out already but you can go look if you want...ofcourse nothing..only ps1 games..

i was kinda happy when i saw the goons pick up like 6 sword of mana's for gba only for the cashier to tell them its 29.99 or w.e,,..their plans of selling for profit went down the drain

rockford, illinois CC: nothing good. it opened at 10:00 and i got there at 10:05. some mom came out with like 15 xbox games, but i doubt any of them were good because i was there last sunday and I got and checked for the good games on the list. . I'm definitley glad I went last sunday and got VJ, DOA:XVB, and MVSC2 for Xbox. I ended up getting NHL Hitx 20-02 today because I didn't want to leave with nothing and I like the game enough to buy it for $5.

Had called them yesterday and they said a new shipment was on the way, well that was a lie. Did get Mystic Heroes and Wrestlemania 9 for GC, so it wasnt a total failure but still dissapointed.
Saw six American Idol Boxes for GBA still there if anyone wants me to pick one up for them just ask 8)

As I expected the had jack shit in Orange, CT....A few people were waiting for the doors to open along with a fellow CAGer who I helped out. Tao Feng and Spy Hunter ARE NOT $4.99 they are $19.99 and should be crossed from the list. Restock, total bullshit.....not happening there....

Im not expecting anything today either. I was also told by an employee that they are getting shipments in for today. Then again, he bought 22 games so I doubt most of it are going to make it out to the bins. Im already happy tho, if I dont get anything Im going to Best Buy for the 3 dvds for $20 sale.

rockford, illinois CC: nothing good. it opened at 10:00 and i got there at 10:05. some mom came out with like 15 xbox games, but i doubt any of them were good because i was there last sunday and I got and checked for the good games on the list. . I'm definitley glad I went last sunday and got VJ, DOA:XVB, and MVSC2 for Xbox. I ended up getting NHL Hitx 20-02 today because I didn't want to leave with nothing and I like the game enough to buy it for $5.
Yeah, I just left the Rockford CC with:
Skies of Arcadia Legends (was not in the bin, but still was $5)
Pitfall: the Mayan Adventure (Loved the old Sega CD one, looks to be a port, yay )
Jet Grind Radio (I love the series, can't help but try this one out)
Pinball of the Dead (Zombies+pinball, I love both, how can I go wrong. ;) )
Rayman 3 (have tried every other Rayman, so why not.)

The rest of the selection absolutely sucked. Was hoping to maybe pick up a Chaos Legion. Damn. :p

The CC in Charlotte has barely anything (nothing all that great). All the games were on an end section near games. My brother and I picked up five things:

Nascar Dirt to Daytona (GCN)
Fear Effect 2
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS2)
Yanya Caballista City Skater
XBox Exhibition 5 (not part of the sale, but $5 all the same)

All they had left were a few Yanyas, NBA Courtside, two copies of Fur Fighters on the PS2, and a bunch of old PS2 and PS1 games not worth mentioning. Unless you must have Fur Fighters I'd recommend saving the gas and not going up there.

i went to the fairview heights store in IL, where i heard another guy talking about cheapassgamer, and was very disappointed. they didnt have anything worthwhile.

well, some as shole cleaned out my CC today. they said some guy was waiting for them to open, then bought about 50 games. i'm sad to find out lessons this week on greed being harmful had no effect on some people. this jerk, for his own personal happiness, just took away from the happiness of me, and probably a dozen other people. i was only going there for three games, and this guy did the perfect american spirit: take whatever you can, Hell who it hurts. yep, that's how to make the world a better place. thanks jerk! i think these people who have so much greed will be our next Donald Trumps and evil overlords of the earth. they are getting an excellent start down that road.

a restock is still possible. maybe later on in the day.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone discovers a load of new games this aftnernoon at one of the CCs.

[quote name='Requiem']a restock is still possible. maybe later on in the day.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone discovers a load of new games this aftnernoon at one of the CCs.[/quote]

I expect it the foillowing morning or opver the next few days. Going to hit CC up again on Tuesday morn.

[quote name='Requiem']a restock is still possible. maybe later on in the day.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone discovers a load of new games this aftnernoon at one of the CCs.[/quote]

Give it the hell up! They don't call it a *clearance* just to turn around and restock.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

well a 45 minute drive, and about an hour wait outside of the CC... this is the glory we are welcomed to upon being the first ones inside the store:

T40407110911271.jpg

T40407110908311.jpg

well, real productive morning... at least i got three decent games earlier in the week... nothing compared to the people who went last sunday and got 14 titles though... wee.

~Mike

For those of you who say "I just got back from mine and they were cleaned out" and you don't have your location listed in your profile, please post WHERE you went. Thanks.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']As I expected the had jack shit in Orange, CT....A few people were waiting for the doors to open along with a fellow CAGer who I helped out. Tao Feng and Spy Hunter ARE NOT $4.99 they are $19.99 and should be crossed from the list. Restock, total bullshit.....not happening there....[/quote]

Spy Hunter is $4.99. I bought it last wednesday at CC.

And CC on West Side of Madison had nothing good. Unless you like Harry Potter....lots of those left.

Went to the one in King of Prussia PA; All they had were poop games; I searched around, got Metal Gear Substance for the Xbox for 5, also got the tetris/clone wars for a penny, not bad, not great...I made up for it by switching a price tag at the blockbuster next door, ended up getting the Vice city double pack for 16 bucks...So not a total waste...I did hear rumors of a restock but I doubt it will happen...

hi there.......just wanted to point out that the stores will never be getting a restock of the closeout $4.99 games so if you dont see it today or last week for that matter, you will never find it at circuit city. But......circuit city has always had a smaller selection of games (in millbury neway). Thats all for now, hope to read some more good posts from everyone:)

[quote name='eros'][quote name='Requiem']a restock is still possible. maybe later on in the day.

Give it the hell up! They don't call it a *clearance* just to turn around and restock.

What the hell is wrong with you people?[/quote]

A great deal of wishful thinking, and there's nothig wrong with it...until it leads to self-delusion. I'd like to think there's 5 or 6 Disgaeas just waiting on me at CC, but I know better, and I'm not making the 35 minute drive to prove myself right.

[quote name='Zingela']
Yeah, I just left the Rockford CC with:
Skies of Arcadia Legends (was not in the bin, but still was $5)
Pitfall: the Mayan Adventure (Loved the old Sega CD one, looks to be a port, yay )
Jet Grind Radio (I love the series, can't help but try this one out)
Pinball of the Dead (Zombies+pinball, I love both, how can I go wrong. ;) )
Rayman 3 (have tried every other Rayman, so why not.)

The rest of the selection absolutely sucked. Was hoping to maybe pick up a Chaos Legion. Damn. :p[/quote]
I saw someone with a Chaos Legion but that was the only copy. Nice to know that a fellow CAGer got a game like SOA instead of some scalper.

[quote name='eros'][quote name='Requiem']a restock is still possible. maybe later on in the day.

What the hell is wrong with you people?[/quote]

I'm going by what some CC employees on various sites, including this one, have told us. Yeah some said no restock but others did, and some did pull games off of shelves and put them in the back.

Just because the games weren't there at 1000am or 1100am this morning doesnt mean it won't happen. Who knows, maybe they'll bust out the carts from the backroom during peak hours? Attract more customers? I dont know.

I'm not saying they'll restock for sure, but seeing as there are like a million CC inthis country I said I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there finds something good!

What's wrong with you!

My CC didn't have much, as expected, but I still picked up
Defender (PS2)
Spyhunter 2 (PS2)
Disney Skate Adventures (PS2)
Fear Effect 2 (PS1)

I then went to EB and traded in Defender, Spyhunter 2, and Disney Skate Adventures, along with Breath of Fire 5, Disaster Report, and Hitman 2 for three $20 off preorder deals. I preordered GTA SA, Pikmin 2, and Tales of Symphonia. I had already preordered Tales of Symphonia once before, but the guy told me I could do the deal twice as long as it was in separate transactions. So the deal wasn't a total loss even though I didn't get any of the games I wanted (except Frequency).

Absolutely nothing here in Orlando, FL. It was really quite depressing actually. The "bin" was a small square cart with 2001 sports games and demo discs. The only thing worth picking up was Summer Heat Beach Volleyball but I passed. Oh and Tekken 3 did not ring up as $4.99. Yet the online store was selling it for that price. WTF?

hey just looking through the cc flyer and noticed......when ncaa football 2005 for xbox and ps2 comes out in the 15th(most stores will have it on the 17th), they will give u a 10 gift card with your 49.99 purchase neways.........

My Circuit City had a few new games, I had been there twice this week already, and I was able to get Tony Hawk 3 and Dave Mirra 2. I also was about to buy Alter Echo, Turok, and Starsky and Hutch for 4.99 but they all rang up for 10 bucks, even though they were in the bin.

Another thing, on the shelf, they had a lot of the Star Wars titles for Xbox that were on the list, but none of them were in the bin.

This was the HARPER WOODS location in Michigan.

Hi guys!

Today, I learned how greedy and selfish some people can be.

I just got back from the CC in NE Philly (Bustleton) and it was a madhouse. Some guy pushed and shoved people to get over 100+ games. He said he is going to sell them for $10 each. What an a-hole. They should have kicked his ass out for being a reseller. What if a small kid was there? He would have got hurt thanks to the 30-40+ people fighting over the $4.99 bin. I only got two games from the deal.

They are:

DDR Konamix (PS1)
Onimusha 2 (PS2)

Nothing good was left. So, for anyone planning to go the Bustleton CC in NE Philly today, don't bother. The greedy folks cleared them out of the good titles within a half-hour. I guess I'll look for the games I want to get on CAG or ebay.

I got nothing. The 4.99 bin was so small and filled with the worst games ever. The guy there told me that some guy and his kid were in last week and bought over 100 games. :(

This was Williston, VT.

just got back, went at 11:00
got dark cloud 2, bloody roar 4, activision anthology, robin hood defender of the crown, top gun combat zones and spy hunter 2 for 32 bucks, awesome, im going to my other CC later

July 11, Sunday morning

I arrived my CC at 11:30 AM in Wilmington Delaware, which opened at 10 AM in the Sunday morning.

Here are what I got today. All are $4.99

1. MDK2 (PS2)
2. Robin Hood (PS2)
3. Eternal Ring (PS2)
4. New Legends (XBOX)
5. Top Gun (GC)
6. Buffy 1 (XBOX)
7. Legends of Wrestling 2 (GC)
8. Monster Inc. (PS2)
9. Reign of Fire (XBOX)
10. Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist (PS2)
11. Fantavision (PS2)

There are still some other games that I already have, such as Spy Hunter 1 & 2, Roadkill, etc. They are all put in a bin that marked $4.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back