CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Braden']Found Dragon Valor for PSone on the shelf for $4.99 @ the Springfield, Missouri location.

Other than that, NOTHING.[/quote]
I hopped in once the store opened and the only good game I found is Reign of Fire which was still on the shelf, I couldn't find anything else.

Here is my haul today

All this is from the Arden CC in Sacramento Ca

PS1 - Megaman x6, Blaster Master, GTA Collectors' Edition

GBA - Simpson's Road Rage, Medabots (Roshku(sp?) version I THINK), Pinball of the Dead, Legend of the River King 2

GC- Slubfest 2003

Not too shabby for a week after the sale started, couldn't beleive river king, megaman, and pinball were in the bin.

[quote name='dafoomie']A note for the 2 people here that went to Burlington, MA: They did have copies of Konami Arcade for the GBA on the shelves that are $5, and if you take the stickers off that are over the upc on Virtua Fighter 4, it might ring up $5. And they had Shrek Super Party, ATV Offroad Fury 1, Evolution Snowboarding, and Drome Racers for PS2. Xgra, Tetris for Xbox. And... And... Oni. What a load of crap.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up but I don't think I'm going to go back there anytime soon. Definitely a load of crap.

The CC at Richmond, CA has to take the take for the lamest sale ever. Pretty much all the games are 2001-2002 Sport Games. I bought several games from the list posted on another thread and they still ring up at their original price.

[quote name='divine_comedy']The CC at Richmond, CA has to take the take for the lamest sale ever. Pretty much all the games are 2001-2002 Sport Games. I bought several games from the list posted on another thread and they still ring up at their original price.[/quote]

Hey, a local! I don't see many of those very often. Yeah, that CC was totally wiped out for quite a while, glad I got in last Saturday Night and got a bunch of the stuff I wanted.

I went yesterday, and there was a LOAD OF CRAP. Just like 50 2001-2002 sports games. I went again today at 10:10 around 10 minutes after it opened. There were about 5 people around the bins, thats all, I was sort of happy when i saw there was a bunch of games like 100 or so. Then I saw there were even bigger loads of crap, more crappy sports games. Than I saw this fat mexican(no offense) but he was actullay very obese with his very overweight dad with a list and getting all the decent games, he had around 20. I was looking at this game than he snatched it from me and said its mine, and put it in his cart. What a fatass

Got the damn shaft!

Hours posted online at the store (Appleton, WI) and on their phone system stated 11am...but they actually OPENED AT 10AM...

Damn It!!!

The only action in the store was those two bargain bins and there were a handfull of people with the majority of the games (we're talking 2' tall stacks - probably 50+).

Needless to say it was pretty much picked clean by the time I arived 1hr late.

Here's hoping that they replenish and if I'm not mistaken they get trucks on thursdays...so friday may be a prime time to check it out again?

i picked these up today. mostly for trade if they are wanted. a friend of mine in portland tx found f zero and golden sun for me . im went to clearwater fl CC.

psx
dave mirra freestyle bmx max remix

DC
jet grind radio
space channel 5

GBA
ready 2 rumble round 2
freekstyle
boxing fever
super duper sumos

GC
nba street

ps2
pride fighting championships
minority report

xbox
nba inside drive 2003
mlb slugfest 2003
mlb slugfest 2004
matt hoffman pro bmx 2
the great escape
and PSO 1 and 2 (13.99)
they had alot of these titles so i got 1 of each and left the rest for other ppl. i was there at 11 am and was the only looking at teh gaems for the 1st 5 min. when i left tehre was about 4 ppl there. had alot of psx games,

I ran into fellow CAG'er "Guessed" and he found Mario Kart: DD with the extra disc. It was the last one. I found nothing, so I went next door to the TRU sale (Buy 1 get 1 free) and got Whacked! and Deathrow.

At Lakewood's CC, There was about 20 people waiting. Someone ran towards the game section as soon as the door opened. After all the games were gone, I saw him with no games lol. I cant believe some older people started getting tear-eyed because they didnt get alot of games. I heard one person said "I cant believe I woke up to this fucking shit". Anyways, I scored:

MotoGP (GBA)
NHL 2003 (GC)
Fantavision

I dont think theres anymore games left at Lakewood's CC.

A very weak selection of video games in Hollywood, CA and Burbank, CA. Nothing even worth mentioning.

If I go to the movies later today, I'll check out the Glendale Circuit City, but I highly doubt there will be anything worth picking up.

[quote name='"mcwilliams132"']Got the damn shaft!
Hours posted online at the store (Appleton, WI) and on their phone system stated 11am...but they actually OPENED AT 10AM...
quote]

There was a group of CAger's that showed up at 10 along with me at the CC in DE. Then they were told the store doesn't open. They decided to wait an hour but I drove to another CC that opened at ten. Also filled up on gas. Got back and parked just as the doors opened. Thought I would miss out but wasn't anything to miss really. Crimson Sea, Summoner 2. but not worth the struggle in the box.

One more thing. I thought it was rather funny. Some people took this so seriously.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']A very weak selection of video games in Hollywood, CA and Burbank, CA. Nothing even worth mentioning.

If I go to the movies later today, I'll check out the Glendale Circuit City, but I highly doubt there will be anything worth picking up.[/quote]

Yeah, that's because a few CAG's already went to those last week. I myself picked up Boktai: Th Sun is in Your Hand at Burbank for $4.99

What's this TRU BOGOF sale???

Even though I only scored three games from this sale, I'm glad a found this site in process, because this site is pretty damn cool.

Anyways, anyone know any stores where I can exchange my THPS3 for THPS4 without a reciept?? I'm thinking Walmart.

I accidentally woke up AT 11 this morning. So I made it to CC at about 11:25 to find what I've been hearing from everyone else: nothing much. I asked an employee if they had gotten any new $5 games and he said no. Then again, I don't know if most of those guys even have a clue.

I'm not complaining though.. I actually got in on this earlier this week to find the games I really wanted (MvsC2, Dot.Hack, TJ&E3, Skies).

It does suck knowing that a lot of CC employees took advantage of this. I talked to a guy a few days ago who had bought $250 worth himself. Oh well..

I got:
MDK 2 (ps2)
Rayman 3 (ps2)
Sub Rebellion (ps2)
Bloodrayne (Xbox)

Not too bad considering Rayman was one of the games I really wanted. I showed up 15 minutes early and there were already a couple of guys there (CC in San Mateo) and by opening there were about 20 people. All the good games were gone in about 3 minutes, so I feel sorry for all those who couldn't get there early enough, but such is part of cheapassdom.

I went to two circuit citys today. The first one was the Westland MI one. The bin they had was terrible it had all ps1 games and about 10 random sports games for ps2. So then I went to the Southfield Michgan one they had more games there but all i got was sled storm and tony hawk 2x. Oh well i got a ton of games last saturday so whatever.

It's amazing to me, when I first saw this deal about CC last Saturday my CC seemed to pull them all off the shelves because they had nothing at all then, and I went back today assuming they would finally bring them out and still nothing. My CC sucks royally. I really wanted to get Chaos Legion for my wife :(

[quote name='Requiem']i didnt know F-zero was a $4.99 game. Are you people seeing that game on the shelves? Try it.[/quote]

fzero for the GBA is $4.99. Not the Gamecube one.

Myl local CC was picked clean over the course of the week, but I got some B list stuff. Since we're a small store, I got up and drove down to Scranton and Wilkes Barre, where they get more stuff. They actually had employees stationed in the game aisle, which they never do, and notes of apology on the bins because one store had three copies of THPS3 and some Xbox demos and the other had old basketball games. I did some other shopping, and when I got home, I hit the local store which had a fair amount that wasn't there all week. So I picked up Space Channal 5 and Mat Hoffman for my GBA. Overall though, I got 20 games from the sale over the course of the last week so I can't complain.

[quote name='N5'][quote name='Luckychunk']Chicago, IL suburbs are wiped out. No recent restocking of any titles whatsoever.

Schaumburg = wiped
Mount Prospect (Randhurst Mall) = wiped
Hawthorne/Libertyville = wiped
Deer Park/Killdeer = wiped
Spring Hill = LOTS of old sports titles, but otherwise wiped.
Crystal Lake = wiped

I did manage to find Splinter cell GC and Sega GT 2002 at the Randhurst CC, but that is the extent of it.

Almost all of the CCs around me set up the white 4.99 boxes earlier in the week, and they are now all basically empty.

The thing that struck me funny were the new plastic placards holding a corporate memo which basicaly read: "Dear CC Customers: Please note the $4.99 clearance sale is limited to titles IN STOCK and on hand. No Rainchecks. Please accept our apologies and sorry for the confusion -- as a Circuit City customer, we value your business." (not verbatim)

I read this memo as saying: "We're sorry that the prices went into effect one week early, but there's nothing we can do about our current shaq-fu selection." They probably had to act fast to type/print/mail these out in order for the CCs in my area to effectively cover their respective butts.

I did see a number of people walking around with the multi-page internet master list, with scowls on their faces.[/quote]

Not good news for me. :([/quote]

Well I called before hand and got a guy who was actually willing to look up quantities for me. They didn't have much, but according to the system, they had a fatal frame for xbox (not a bad game and hard to find). So I hopped in the car and went to get it. Unforunately by the time I got there someone had stolen it or it was moved somewhere because the CC guy couldn't find it. Oh well. I did hit up the Spring hill store on thurs., the day after they put the bins out and got a few good scores. I picked up moto gp2 (xb) and ssx tricky (xb). They had 3 bins of games, mostly sports, but at least that store put a 10 games per household limit on the games, at least while I was there.

Well, I got Resident Evil 2 (PSX Greatest Hits) and Eternal Ring. Not spectacular finds, but there were few other good titles, and I felt like I had to buy something. I also saw Rayman 2, but it was the horrible PSX version, and I also saw Tenchu 1 and 2, but I already got Tenchu 3 earlier this week from CC, so no point in buying those. And that's about all the quality games I found, the rest were either sports games, children titles, or demo discs.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah there wasn't to many people waiting outside mine. The best part out of 10 people waiting to go in at opening, 3 were hot girls, 1 actually there for the $5 games. I only got the Bouncer but I also got the gaming girls number. Nice.[/quote]

but would you have rather gotten 3 disgaeas, 3 gitaroo mans, and 3 phantasy star onlines....or that girls #

Ok... I'll tell you what we all learned here...

Regular readers of this list got the deal of a lfetime last week. Everyone else... give it a break. The games are gone. Just go to bed and when you wake up in the morning - REMEMBER TO CHECK THIS LIST A FEW TIMES A DAY...

Peace :)

[quote name='zewone']Yeah there wasn't to many people waiting outside mine. The best part out of 10 people waiting to go in at opening, 3 were hot girls, 1 actually there for the $5 games. I only got the Bouncer but I also got the gaming girls number. Nice.[/quote]

No one on this site believes stories about getting hot gaming girls phone # :D

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

lol... err i left with five games
the sims- gc
road kill-ps2
fur fighter- ps2
sled storm- ps2
freaky flyer- ps2
eh go figure no ikaruga or disgaea -.-

I went to the CC in Skokie IL and found Project Eden, Sled Storm, Aggresive Inline, and Spyro Collection (PS1). They had a ton of PS1, and sports games. I also stopped by the CC in Niles IL and found Metropolismanis. They had sports games and not much else. All in all a shitty day.

I was the 1st one in at 11am in NH and they actually had a sign in the bargain bin saying it was ON HAND ONLY. NO RAIN CHECKS. They knew it was gonna be an issue as of Sunday! Nohting left but old sports titles

Did anyone get anything good? The best results I've seen so far are SoAL, Pikmin, and that chick's phone #? Too bad. This sale was great while it lasted. I still can't believe CC messed up this bad. How do you accidentely mark down 500+ games a week before the sale is advertised. lol

I went to the CC in Oxford Valley Mall (Pa.). I was the first one in the game department. They basically had two bins full of 4.99 games. I was able to get Yanya Caballista, Knout King 2002 and 2003, Lotus Challenge, No One Lives Forever, Endgame, and XGRA. The other games were just garbage. I think I might hit the Boulevard and Plymouth Meeting CC tomorrow.

Found a CC that pulled it's games early last week...Picked up Unreal Championship and Headhunter...Saw Boktai, Lunar, Hitman, Thing, Munch, some Gundam game...nothing too exciting...Would have grabbed more but a crowd was forming and I already spent alot last weekend...

I went yesterday only to find a short supply of games. i was told they would not be restocking and the sale started a week early :( apparently they decided not to take it off sale.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Did anyone get anything good? The best results I've seen so far are SoAL, Pikmin, and that chick's phone #? Too bad. This sale was great while it lasted. I still can't believe CC messed up this bad. How do you accidentely mark down 500+ games a week before the sale is advertised. lol[/quote]

Yeah I think so far Zewone wins for best CC find of the day with the girls #. A lot better then most of the crap people are posting. the best titles I got today were, pinball of the dead, megaman x6, and legend of the river king 2. Not great, but not too bad considering either.

went all over the northern suburbs of Chicago since friday and picked up the following:
Gamecube Games:

007: Agent Under Fire
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Dead To Rights
Defender
Die Hard: Vendetta
Home Run King
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion
Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Madden 2002
Madden 2003
Minority Report: Everybody Runs
Mystic Heros
Pac-Man Fever
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X
Scorpion King: Rise Of The Akkadian
Sims, The
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Top Gun: Combat Zones
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
Universal Studios Theme Park Adventrue
Viewtiful Joe
Wave Race: Blue Storm
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
X-Men: Next Dimension
----------------------------------------------

X-Box Games:

Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Black Stone: Magic & Steel
Bruce Lee: Quest Of The Dragon
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Cat In The Hat
Celebrity Deathmatch
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Metal Dungeon
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
MLB Slug Fest 2003
NFL Blitz Pro
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Spyhunter
Spyhunter 2
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Superman: The Man Of Steel
Terminator: Dawn Of Fate
TimeSpliters 2

Playstation 2 Games:

Blade 2
Blood Omen 2
Bouncer, The
Futurama
Men In Black II: Alien Escape

Game Boy Advance Games:

Final Fight One (GBA)
Mega Man Zero (GBA)
Super Ghouls N Ghosts (GBA)
Sega Smash Pack (GBA)

Playstation Games:

Alien Resurrection
Austin Powers Pinball
Resident Evil 2
Star Wars: Demolition
Weakest Link, The
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: 3rd Edition

I had already picked up 7 games earlier this week but I went today just to see if they were holding some stuff in the back. Well they did put up the $4.99 Clearance bin but the only games that were left were just a bunch of old sports games, nothing worth buying.

Eastside Circuit City - Madison, WI

Checked the website and it told me that the store opened at 11:00 this morning. Ended up getting there at 10:50 only to find that it had opened at 10:00. Huge, gaping holes on the shelves were all that remained, and the bins had nothing of interest. The employees talked of a guy at opening who cleaned them out, buying 100 games. Everyone there looked sort of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back