CC Screw-up: How good of a deal did I get?

Country4687

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Common sense would denote that I could simply use the CC Clearance threads and CC.com as well to determine what went wrong with this particular transaction. However, I'm so confused now that my head starts to spin every time I think about this, so perhaps one of you can give me a better answer.

As a new owner of a DS Lite, I decided to look away from the Speedy lawsuit and visited my local CC (North Little Rock, AR) for the first time in a while to check out their BOGO 50% off sales on handheld games. I knew going in that this store has really slacked off on pricing their video games correctly (if at all) within the past year, but I wasn't familiar with what should be the DS clearance games. I looked around for a while and ended up grabbing 7 DS games, 1 DS accessory, and 1 PS2 game instead of the 2 or so I had intended. Knowing their reputation, I go to the front desk and ask the lady if she would price check all of the games before I purchased them. I can't remember most of what she said because she took forever and said it was hard to tell because most of them were part of the on-going sale, not to mention I thought most of them HAD to be wrong, but as soon as she stopped, I said to hell with it and bought them all.

This is what I bought:

:ps2:
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (marked 16.96)

:ds:
Stylus Pen and Screen Protector pack (in ad, 4.99)

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (marked 29.99)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (marked 29.99, supposedly 16.96)
PW, AA: Justice for All (unmarked, on sale for 19.99 at CC.com)
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (marked 34.99/16.96)
Scurge: Hive (marked 29.99/12.96)
Tony Hawk's American Skateland (marked 39.99/11.24, 14.99 at CC.com)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (marked 29.99)

By my numerous attempted calculations, I think I should have paid $80 (Hotel Dusk/Trauma Center/Justice for All) + 50% of the 3 cheapest(Hive/Tony Hawk/RE) for a total of 102.50, then add in the last DS game and other items for a grand total of around $140 plus tax.
(I rounded off and did these quickly in my head, sorry if I'm wrong)

This is how the receipt came out (possible scan later if the house painting finishes soon):

12 items total
The Easy Stuff
1, 5, 8). Promo Package-.00 (I assume the code for the BOGO event)
12). Game Accessories- 4.99

The Fun Part
2). PW, AA: Justice for all- 19.99 (So far so good...)
3). Hotel Dusk: Room 215- 15.00 (...I don't think it works that way lady.)
4). R & C: Up Your Arsenal- 11.36 (Huh? Is it suppose to be like 33% off there sugar?)
6). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- 11.36 (Again? Are you giving me the "special" discount or something?)
7). Scurge: Hive- 3.00 (WHAT!? Just...how...never mind.)
9). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- 11.36 (Christ, here we go again.)
10). Scurge: Hive-3.00 (W...T...F...?)
11). Tony Hawk's American Skateland- 14.99 (Oh yeah, NOW you screw up.)

***NOTE***: "Promo Discount" taken on items 2, 6, and 9.
Total- 95.05
Tax- 8.55

Grand Total- $103.60

I had no clue about any of this until I hit my car and immediately checked the receipt thinking there was no way all of that was so cheap. The cashier even counted the items again after ringing them up to be sure she got the right number of items. Despite this, Trauma Center and Resident Evil never made it on the receipt.

Despite my attempts to wrap my brain around what happened and how the games ended up the prices they did, I really don't care at this point and I'm keeping my mouth shut. Technically, I could be a dick and take back the unopened Tony Hawk game marked 11.24 and get a refund on the difference, which would bring the total down to under $100.

So, can anyone decipher this incident and tell me just how good of a "deal" I got?

The $11.36 is because all clearance games are 33% off. The $3 games, were $8.96 less 33% off so $6.00 then 50% off which brings it down to $3.00

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The $11.36 is because all clearance games are 33% off. The $3 games, were $8.96 less 33% off so $6.00 then 50% off which brings it down to $3.00[/quote]

A quick search yielded nothing about clearance games being 33% off. Have any sort of link or more information on that? It would explain a lot of my frustration.

[quote name='Jedi1979']the september clearance thread has it covererd...i believe it is only till the 15th though[/quote]

Linkage

My mistake on that part then. I had not heard about it and there wasn't a single sign up about such a clearance that I saw anywhere in the store.

So that translates into I basically paid $3 for Trauma Center and $15 for Hotel Dusk, so I saved about $40. Still not bad I guess.

good haul there. the 33% started before or on labor day and is ending tomorrow. better hurry and go and grab some more before time runs out.

bread's done
Back