CC's in stock guarantee + Skate launch day move to Thursday = $20 GC?

[quote name='Apossum']Good questions.

even if this was going to work, posting this thread in the deals forum pretty much guarantees it to be DOA. Every deal site and many game sites get deal news from CAG and you know at least one dumbass would call CC and inadvertently call this to their attention. also, it's a safe bet that CC is keeping an eye on this forum themselves.

Finally, it's not even a deal!!
"ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"[/quote]

I think they're using the alias "tufty"...

[quote name='PikaPichu']I got that too when I tried the $20 off when you buy 2 XBL accessories a while back. It was just sickening to see one of the supervisors trying to weasel his way out of the ad and interpret it differently.[/quote]
I got the same crap. Infuriating. But what can ya do?

[quote name='Apossum']
Finally, it's not even a deal!!
"ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"[/quote]

yeah pretty much just a possibility. i tried this for the bigs cause there was a post about it but they had it in stock at around 12 the next day of release. im actually going to try to see if they have em. CC is not that far away.

[quote name='Burchamj']im going to try right now. It says todays the day on the website, but its not available at any stores.[/quote]

The ad says it's in stores on Wednesday.

Anyone know if CC actually got their DK Jungle Climber? That one actually says today in the paper flier, so I might head over to scope it out.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Anyone know if CC actually got their DK Jungle Climber? That one actually says today in the paper flier, so I might head over to scope it out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they did.

They kept me waiting from 2 to 2:30 while they found it, but "in the back in a box" counts as "in store" by 2 p.m.

Went by CC today to see if they had anything posted about this, nothing yet and that was just before they closed so might still be able to pull this off at some of them

Originally Posted by Burchamj View Original
im going to try right now. It says todays the day on the website, but its not available at any stores.

The ad says it's in stores on Wednesday.

Yeah, I realized that after i got there. at least i didnt look like an idiot to anyone in person.

i was able to get the $20 gift card because the store i went to didnt have the dk jungle climber or whatever game it was. i love young people that work there so lazy is all im gonna say.

[quote name='tufty']Is it just me, or does this sort of "taking advantage" of an ad offer cross from cheapness into meanness?

So much hate on CC... they every right to sue for disclosure of their ads if they make everyone who sees them sign a non-disclosure agreement.[/quote]

IMO and many others here, ANY way we can 'stick it to' CC for all of their underhanded dealing is WELL WORTH IT. Between the layoffs of long time employees(which was NOT right in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM) to the current legal troubles for Speedy, ANY way we can give CC back a little bit of their own medicine and COST THEM MONEY is WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!!

posting from my phone... I'll let you guys know what happens at 2pm... Which is when I make my entry and begin my scandal!

Got it! :) 20$ smackers! thanks OP! this rocked.

I just asked for it... , they apologized for it not being in stock. i said its okay... and asked when it would be, and if i could get the GC for my troubles. They agreed and said to try again tomorrow, it might be in by then.

Soooooo, considering that the game wont be out till friday (i think?) i wonder if i can hit them up again tomorrow, HHhhhhmmmmmm. any chances this would work?

I'm not a lawyer but arent they legally entitled to give out the guarantee? It would be false advertising if they didnt. I cant believe that simply putting out a sign stating it was delayed lets them off the hook. I think they put the sign up there hoping most people will just walk away.

[quote name='reicaden']i wonder if i can hit them up again tomorrow, HHhhhhmmmmmm. any chances this would work?[/QUOTE]
Not for the same game because it is only good till the store closes.

[quote name='Apostle22']I'm not a lawyer but arent they legally entitled to give out the guarantee? It would be false advertising if they didnt. I cant believe that simply putting out a sign stating it was delayed lets them off the hook. I think they put the sign up there hoping most people will just walk away.[/QUOTE]
If they make a mistake in the ad and post a sign about it they do not have to honor it

[quote name='62t']If they make a mistake in the ad and post a sign about it they do not have to honor it[/quote]

True, but this wasnt a mistake....What good are guarantees if companies can weasel their way out of it everytime with a simple sign.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']He's getting sued by Circuit City for posting the ads early. So any damage you can do to CC is much appreciated. Many CAGs have stopped shopping there completely because of it, myself included. We all just PM CC prices at other stores. Might be a bit more effort, but I think it's for the principle.

I'll give this a shot, if it doesn't happen, meh.[/quote]

He is not getting sued by CC unless CC finds out that he works for CC or the people that print their ad's. People sign waviers about not releasing important info, if they break it it's like breaking a contract :p I don't see why you people don't get it.

And CC already has the corrections up so good luck trying to get it but you probably won't.

I remember when sites like this were about gaming deals and not trying to rip off the company on things they do for customers.

[quote name='MINION9000']
I remember when sites like this were about gaming deals and not trying to rip off the company on things they do for customers.[/QUOTE]Oops, I think you dropped this....
Seattle%20Whine-736972.jpg

[quote name='Apostle22']True, but this wasnt a mistake....What good are guarantees if companies can weasel their way out of it everytime with a simple sign.[/quote]The guarantee is that they will have it 2pm on release day, which at the time of the ad posting, was on Wednesday. Now that the release day is Friday, something that is out of their control and beyond the intent of their guarantee, they aren't obligated to honor it. Fine print usually covers this.

I was able to score a $20 gift card at Circuit City, the one at Tyson's North. I probably would have bought it if they had it but they didn't and told me I could get a gift card.

I checked another Circuit City by the Tyson's mall but they had a sign saying they wouldn't honor the gift card for Skate.

[quote name='Apostle22']True, but this wasnt a mistake....What good are guarantees if companies can weasel their way out of it everytime with a simple sign.[/quote]

Companies always cover their asses with fine print. You're legally entitled to nothing. I got the $20 GC but I think I was the first one there. They probably have a sign up now.

went up to customers service was shot down. went back to talk to the manager working back in the gaming department and they finally gave me the 20 buck card. NO signs anywhere but they said they wasnt honoring the deal when you ask up front. I was just lucky i got one. I probally blow it on disgaea for psp

Even though it might seem CC lost 20 bucks They gain money cause i had no intent to buy Disgaea from them and i probally pick up more stuff then

IF they dont want to deal with this they should put 20 bucks off the GAME not a gift card. That way you dont have 100s of people who have no intent to even buy the game walk away with a free gift card

[quote name='slidecage']
IF they dont want to deal with this they should put 20 bucks off the GAME not a gift card. That way you dont have 100s of people who have no intent to even buy the game walk away with a free gift card[/quote]

Believe me I bought that up to there attention before, and no I'm not a lawyer I just work there :p
it'd stop all the morons that try to buy up every copy of the game from the store and then come in for GC's

and btw, the first line of the fine print states that release dates are subject to change, so yes we do cover our asses, just half the people don't read the memos in time or at all :p

This just worked for me, I got $20 gift card AND the clerk said "I hate this fucking company" two gifts in one!:applause:

Got a $20 GC today at one location and a voucher for a $20 GC at the other because they couldn't figure out how to issue a gift card... o_O

Glad I finally got in on one of these guarantees...I've been trying for months.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Wow my CC is being shaqfu and not picking up.[/quote]That's SOP at my local CCs. Either that, or you just get passed around without getting an answer to your question.

It turned out I did have to go up to Roanoke today so I attempted this. The lady had the damn giftcard in hand, about to load it up with the 20 bucks when she turned into fucking Columbo and decided to figure out why they didn't have it in. Sure enough, she discovered that the game had been delayed by the manufacturer and I left giftcard-less.

Sorry Speedy1961, I wasn't able to exact a measure of vengeance for you today.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Wow wtf, I've been on hold for 30 minutes.[/quote]

You're silly, they never EVER answer the phone...they're worried someone will ask them if they like scary movies. :baby:

I went in today and asked if they had it and they said it was pushed back to Thursday and I said it stated in the ad you'd get a free $20 gift card if it wasn't in stock on the 12th by 2pm. So after seeing his manager the guy gave me the gift card :)

[quote name='vomder']Just got back and was 1 for 2 at my local CC. One had an add correction the other didn't.[/QUOTE]
same thing happen to me

Picked up a $20 gc at the Circuit City off Glenwood in Raleigh (it was on the way home from work, so I figured I'd give it a try). I overheard the manager saying that they received the ad correction, just no one had posted it yet. I love how incompetent CC is :)

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I can hear the background music still. I've been on hold for an hour.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just hang up, it's not worth it. You could've walked there by now (maybe, if you live within like 4 miles of it).

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I can hear the background music still. I've been on hold for an hour.[/QUOTE]

AHAHA. Sorry, but why the fuck would you even stay on hold past like 5 minutes? Just call back. They forgot about you dude.

I'm about to go out and try. If I could get a GC that would be awesome and would let me pick up the new Kanye CD.

Just got back from the Laguna Hills, CA store, and after 20 mins of the employee (nice guy) looking in the computer and in the back, he came back with a sign ("sign" being a faded piece of 8 x 10 paper that looks like it was xeroxed in the 1960s) that was posted somewhere nobody could see that said the $20 gift card thing would not be honored. Lame.

I'm about to shower and go out and try this. If I get it, sweet, if not, oh well. I'm gonna go pick up the Kanye CD at Target across the street then.

[quote name='vomder']Just got back and was 1 for 2 at my local CC. One had an add correction the other didn't.[/quote]

Ditto. Didn't feel like wasting anymore gas after it was a no go at the second location.

Good ol circuitcity. Of course the guy didn't offer me the 20.00 giftcard but said it was okay when I pointed out the ad. Thanks, OP!

bread's done
Back