CD WOW! has civilization 4 for 35.01!

Wow thats an awesome price! Are they also sending the Preorder bonuses? If so then this is one hell of a deal. If not then I have to decided between this and ordering from EB.

Edit : Looking around I see good price for Black and White 2 as well. Most new PC games are really cheap here. Is this site legit? I havent heard anything about it.

Prepare to be screwed by CD-WOW if you placed an order - I received the following email in response to a request regarding order status:

"Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in dispatching this
item.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a slight delay in receiving this product
from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the
goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay, and
thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you require any further assistance at this time then please do not
hesitate to get back to me."

[quote name='secretvampire']So because one person had a delay in shipping some random item one time, everybody is about to be screwed, huh?[/QUOTE]

fuckwit, they are saying that their entire shipment of the game (Civ IV, the one we are talking about) has been delayed. They are not saying that my individual copy was delayed at one point in time six months ago.

Moron.

wit, they are saying that their entire shipment of the game (Civ IV, the one we are talking about) has been delayed. They are not saying that my individual copy was delayed at one point in time six months ago.

Moron.

Your wording was vague as fuck, asshole. And I hardly call having your order delayed by a few days "getting screwed." It happens.

[quote name='secretvampire']Your wording was vague as fuck, asshole.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't my wording, you imbecilic moron. It's from the company that you seem desperate to defend. And it was pretty fucking clear.

My god you are stupid.

It wasn't my wording, you imbecilic moron. It's from the company that you seem desperate to defend. And it was pretty ing clear.

My god you are stupid.

You sure are quick to resort to name calling after I made a simple statement questioning what you were referring to. Go back to lurking.

I bought Black and White 2 from them a while back. Game came quickly in great condition...from Hong Kong. It is legal becuase it says on a shiny EA sticker : "Electronic Arts Asia PAcific Lrd.", the discs are printed professianlly and everything checks out except the case is a bit diffrent but that it due to thier local manufacuterer. Game is exactly like the USA version except for the case. On the insert of the case it says in a small corner : "Asia-Pacific Edition. Not for sale in North America, South America, Europe or Japan. Unauthorized copying, resale or rental prohibited."etc.

So if you order beware. I personally don't care. This is an awesome deal on games. They can provide you with a good deal since publisher lower the price of games in forgein countries to compete with rampant piracy. I have bought some questionable games in the past and lucked out by having the same game cheaper but from a diffrent country. I have little idea on the legality of this practice but the label seems to warn against it, but common sense says "Why not?".

Bottom line : Same game in new condition at a cheaper price. Thier shipping quite fast, arrived 5 days from order!

[quote name='secretvampire']You sure are quick to resort to name calling after I made a simple statement questioning what you were referring to. Go back to lurking.[/QUOTE]

You didn't make a simple statement questioning what I referred to. That would have been fine. Instead, you arrogantly started with an insulting statement, which happened to be wrong. There's a difference. You were a prick.

If you don't like being called out on such things, don't be an insulting bastard.

Perhaps you should be the one lurking more, until you learn to read.

You didn't make a simple statement questioning what I referred to. That would have been fine. Instead, you arrogantly started with an insulting statement, which happened to be wrong. There's a difference. You were a prick.

If you don't like being called out on such things, don't be an insulting bastard.

Perhaps you should be the one lurking more, until you learn to read.

And you aren't being insulting by cursing me and name calling me out of nowhere? Geez, forget it. After two years, my ignore list has its first entry. My reading ability has nothing to do with your vagueness.

[quote name='SlyFrog']You didn't make a simple statement questioning what I referred to. That would have been fine. Instead, you arrogantly started with an insulting statement, which happened to be wrong. There's a difference. You were a prick.

Perhaps you should be the one lurking more, until you learn to read.[/QUOTE]
SlyFrog - In one day (today) you have doubled the number of posts you've had in 2 years.

[quote name='cheapfrag']SlyFrog - In one day (today) you have doubled the number of posts you've had in 2 years.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. I usually read and learn, and do not necessary equate continuous posting with some form of virtue. Today I had a point, in that I wanted people to beware of using CD-WOW, as they basically sent me an email saying that they did not have the game in, and apparently do not know exactly when they will have it in (even though they are still advertising for a November 4 UK release on their website).

That would have been it. However, after attempting to give some helpful information, I receive an asshat sarcastic response, from someone who still doesn't seem to get it. When I pointed out that he was being an insulting bastard, his response was, "And you aren't being insulting by cursing me and name calling me out of nowhere?"

Gee, what a shock, after someone insulted me out of the blue, I responded and called him a name. Is that surprising? Does the defense of, "Well yeah, I posted an insulting and sarcastic response to your post that gave out some basic information, but you insulted me after that!" make any sense whatsoever?

I'm not sure what post count has to do with it. I would assume it would be helpful to have fewer posts, as it means the person is less likely to respond without much reason over his years of using the forum. Nonetheless, I would have had only one more post total, regarding the fact that CD-WOW does not have the game, had I not been insulted for posting it.

[quote name='SlyFrog']That's fine. I usually read and learn, and do not necessary equate continuous posting with some form of virtue. Today I had a point, in that I wanted people to beware of using CD-WOW, as they basically sent me an email saying that they did not have the game in, and apparently do not know exactly when they will have it in (even though they are still advertising for a November 4 UK release on their website).

That would have been it. However, after attempting to give some helpful information, I receive an asshat sarcastic response, from someone who still doesn't seem to get it. When I pointed out that he was being an insulting bastard, his response was, "And you aren't being insulting by cursing me and name calling me out of nowhere?"

Gee, what a shock, after someone insulted me out of the blue, I responded and called him a name. Is that surprising? Does the defense of, "Well yeah, I posted an insulting and sarcastic response to your post that gave out some basic information, but you insulted me after that!" make any sense whatsoever?

I'm not sure what post count has to do with it. I would assume it would be helpful to have fewer posts, as it means the person is less likely to respond without much reason over his years of using the forum. Nonetheless, I would have had only one more post total, regarding the fact that CD-WOW does not have the game, had I not been insulted for posting it.[/QUOTE]
Well if you weren’t such a ass you might get some helpful CS. Maybe you deserve to get screwed even though they aren’t a company that screws people. Yes they are reputable, just goggle them, they even got sued for having low prices by importing cd's that are the exact same world wide but are about 7 dollar difference between England and France or something. I trust them and so do many others, im sorry that your a sad person with father issues. By the way I emailed them and they responded back within a hour, so the CS is good for me.

[quote name='kirkblitz']Well if you weren’t such a ass you might get some helpful CS. Maybe you deserve to get screwed even though they aren’t a company that screws people. Yes they are reputable, just goggle them, they even got sued for having low prices by importing cd's that are the exact same world wide but are about 7 dollar difference between England and France or something. I trust them and so do many others, im sorry that your a sad person with father issues. By the way I emailed them and they responded back within a hour, so the CS is good for me.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. I didn't say I got bad customer service, I said that they do not have the game in stock and apparently do not know when they will.

Their customer service has been exemplary, other than not actually having the game that they are selling. Who knows, maybe they will even have it by the 4th; all I know is that play.com is apparently already shipping the game, and cd-wow.com does not know when they will even have it in stock.

Who the hell said they weren't reputable? Who said they didn't respond quickly? Does anyone on this fucking board read before posting?

[quote name='SlyFrog']I have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. I didn't say I got bad customer service, I said that they do not have the game in stock and apparently do not know when they will.

Their customer service has been exemplary, other than not actually having the game that they are selling. Who knows, maybe they will even have it by the 4th; all I know is that play.com is apparently already shipping the game, and cd-wow.com does not know when they will even have it in stock.

Who the hell said they weren't reputable? Who said they didn't respond quickly? Does anyone on this fucking board read before posting?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I misunderstood something in one of your above posts about CS contact. But you are still being a ass.

You suggest that they will screw us which implies that they aren’t reputable. Because that’s not a very reputable business practice in my opinion.

[quote name='kirkblitz']Sorry I misunderstood something in one of your above posts about CS contact. But you are still being a ass.[/quote]

Yes, because ranting and frothing about some information that someone voluntarily gave isn't being an ass. No, it's definitely the person who gives some information, and then gets insulted for no real reason that's an ass.

[quote name='kirkblitz']You suggest that they will screw us which implies that they aren’t reputable. Because that’s not a very reputable business practice in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. It implies that they are stating they will ship the product (as play.com already has), when they admit in an email to me that they don't even have the product, and are not sure when they will get it.

You made up the part about whether they are reputable or not. I'm stating simple facts, and being insulted for doing so.

play.com is a completely different store. Just because they havent doesnt mean cdwow will. Walmart doesnt always get the new games on release day here, but EBgames does.

[quote name='kirkblitz']play.com is a completely different store. Just because they havent doesnt mean cdwow will. Walmart doesnt always get the new games on release day here, but EBgames does.[/QUOTE]

See, that's a reasonable response, I don't mind that.

I agree. There is always a chance that cdwow will have the game delivered by the release date. I just doubt it, based on the messages I've been getting from them. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong, as I have an order there for it.

[quote name='kirkblitz']play.com is a completely different store. Just because they havent doesnt mean cdwow will. Walmart doesnt always get the new games on release day here, but EBgames does.[/QUOTE]

See, that's a reasonable response, I don't mind that. I would point out that it is also a UK store that was apparently holding onto its stock until the release date, and a different UK store has already released, but I take your underlying point.

I agree. There is always a chance that cdwow will have the game delivered by the release date. I just doubt it, based on the messages I've been getting from them. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong, as I have an order there for it.

As a follow up, I received the following communications, which makes things look a bit better:

"Hi

Thankyou for your email.

I am very sorry for the confusion, according to our warehouse the
international release date for this item is still the 4th November 05.

We will endeavour to dispatch on this date, if anything changes we will let
you know.

If you have any further queries please do let us know."

So they are still not saying they will actually have the thing on the 4th, but at least this one does not suggest that they do not have the product and have no idea when they are getting it in.

bread's done
Back