Celebrity Apprentice Feb 19th 2012

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Constantly screaming and yelling isn't a way to get people to listen to you. She also didn't listen at all when Dayana brought up that their idea wasn't kid-friendly, which is pretty much why they lost, and then she has the nerve to bring her into the boardroom.[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree. When its your ass on the line and the people underneath you arent listening to you, you do what you gotta do. Shes playing the game better than them or she would have went home. I think she would have gone home if Gotti hadnt slit her own throat with the quitting part...even then you can still blame part of the f' ups not going smooth with her not doing her job.

[quote name='btw1217']Other than only being in one episode so far, Loveline and his podcast are probably his best. I didn't care for him either until I listened to his podcast.[/QUOTE]

I liked his podcast but it got on my nerves quick....

Won 20.00 bucks betting George would get the boot before the show even started. ABC did a preview of George being on the Ellen show and that told me he was making the talk show rounds after getting the boot.

The men were basically set up to fail with this task.... George shouldn't have agreed to be the team manager.

I'm thinking of donating a few bucks to his charity since he didn't win squat.

Edit: The fuck is with Clay Aiken's creepy ass 5 o'clock shadow? My husband said he looks like an orangutan, and he's right.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']

Edit: The fuck is with Clay Aiken's creepy ass 5 o'clock shadow? My husband said he looks like an orangutan, and he's right.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Finally got rid of Michael Andretti. Good, he was worthless for the whole time he was on, even when he was a shoe-in. And you all know how I feel about Adam, though I kinda felt bad for him since he really wanted to take responsibility and didn't do a bad job other than not using Mr. Worthless.

Lou is gone either next week or the week after. They wanted to give him another chance to see if he could really prove himself, but he just doesn't have what it takes. According to wiki he is going to be the Project Manager next week (as well as Tia).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Finally got rid of Michael Andretti. Good, he was worthless for the whole time he was on, even when he was a shoe-in. And you all know how I feel about Adam, though I kinda felt bad for him since he really wanted to take responsibility and didn't do a bad job other than not using Mr. Worthless.

Lou is gone either next week or the week after. They wanted to give him another chance to see if he could really prove himself, but he just doesn't have what it takes. According to wiki he is going to be the Project Manager next week (as well as Tia).[/QUOTE]

Andretti got completely sandbagged. That was complete bullshit. Not saying he was a great player, but that was just flat-out ridiculous.

[quote name='DestroVega']Andretti got completely sandbagged. That was complete bullshit. Not saying he was a great player, but that was just flat-out ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

No, he sucked. He has done nothing meaningful in any of the tasks and has purposefully stayed out of the spotlight for no reason.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No, he sucked. He has done nothing meaningful in any of the tasks and has purposefully stayed out of the spotlight for no reason.[/QUOTE]

That's fine but I don't agree with him getting fired for what he did last task. Just cause you race, doesn't mean you should be giving sales presentations on street legal cars.

He was also the main figure in the endorsement, he wouldn't have done any better than Adam did on the task.

There have also been other times a project manager has said I won't bring two people back, they fire the manager and they are done with it. I have no idea what Trump was talking about.

[quote name='DestroVega']That's fine but I don't agree with him getting fired for what he did last task. Just cause you race, doesn't mean you should be giving sales presentations on street legal cars.

He was also the main figure in the endorsement, he wouldn't have done any better than Adam did on the task.

There have also been other times a project manager has said I won't bring two people back, they fire the manager and they are done with it. I have no idea what Trump was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. How many times has someone said they wouldnt bring anyone back and then Trump says "Are you sure, is that a smart move?" and so they get talked into bringing someone in. I give Carolla for having the stones to fall on his own sword, which was the right thing to do in this case. fuck Trump for getting butthurt.

[quote name='Will']Exactly. How many times has someone said they wouldnt bring anyone back and then Trump says "Are you sure, is that a smart move?" and so they get talked into bringing someone in. I give Carolla for having the stones to fall on his own sword, which was the right thing to do in this case. fuck Trump for getting butthurt.[/QUOTE]

They were just so pissed about Andretti not being project manager, as the execs probably were, they would have fired him had Adam brought back Mike and Lou.

[quote name='DestroVega']They were just so pissed about Andretti not being project manager, as the execs probably were, they would have fired him had Adam brought back Mike and Lou.[/QUOTE]

I got that part...I just agree more with what Adam was getting at in that he's not a "presentation" type person etc.

[quote name='Will']I got that part...I just agree more with what Adam was getting at in that he's not a "presentation" type person etc.[/QUOTE]

Also agree, it was crystal clear by how timid he was on stage.

I was listening to Adam's podcast from this past monday and he was talking about how edited the show was compared to what REALLY went down.

Id try to explain it but I wouldnt do it any justice and would most likely get something wrong but it was a pretty good listen.

[quote name='Will']I was listening to Adam's podcast from this past monday and he was talking about how edited the show was compared to what REALLY went down.

Id try to explain it but I wouldnt do it any justice and would most likely get something wrong but it was a pretty good listen.[/QUOTE]

What date? I'll download it

[quote name='DestroVega']Also agree, it was crystal clear by how timid he was on stage.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Mike could have won, but I thought it was very unfair to him. His personality is laid back that way and they ding him for not "having more energy" on the stage. He was never going to go rah rah the way Adam did. Surprisingly, as lame as the Buick guys were in the show, I thought Mike's style was going to fit them more than Adam's.

You could also tell in the board room that Mike is more of an actions/not words kind of guy. Which makes it even harder to know how much he contributed since the show is heavily edited and they are trying to fit in all the zings, which he would have never contributed to.

It was his 3/12/12 show.

If you believe what he says, it definately shows just how much of a fraud the show is. Granted its reality tv etc and I get that its edited a certain way, but it puts a little more insight on why he chose not to bring anyone else in.

Since I was too lazy to listen to the whole podcast, I found this detailed article about what the podcast says:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ed-Him-Doing-What-Producers-Wanted-40409.html

Really damning shit in what he said. If true, and I have no reason to believe he's lying, that's just awful. It'd be different if it were just a game for fun, but this is real charity money at stake here. It's FOR CHARITY. Why try to manipulate this shit in such a shady way?

Good link...but yeah, that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. In the podcast when he talked about the Ivanka part, when he plays the dvd you can hear what he's referring to and when he plays the final part you can clearly hear where they edited in something different because the tones used while she spoke were diff.

not at all surprised by a perenial candidate for asshole of the year's show being a complete fraud. Hell, that's always been part of the charm.

[quote name='Will']I like the shout out Tia gave Adam...kinda ruffled Trumps feathers.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... where is this in the episode so I don't have to watch the whole thing? Definitely not watching this anymore.

I think Adam's podcast reveals why Trump was so pissed off that he fired two people. He called out how the show was bullshit while in the boardroom, but that wasn't aired. Obviously it pissed Trump off.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Interesting... where is this in the episode so I don't have to watch the whole thing? Definitely not watching this anymore.

I think Adam's podcast reveals why Trump was so pissed off that he fired two people. He called out how the show was bullshit while in the boardroom, but that wasn't aired. Obviously it pissed Trump off.[/QUOTE]

During the boardroom towards the end.

This is the first season I've watched and I'm enjoying it but the editing is so painfully obvious that they're handpicking who to fire regardless of assignment results. It's funny to see that the men are so unified and focused as a team that they had to switch things up because the women are too catty to get over themselves and work together.

I didn't get the Debbie Gibson firing.. if Theresa loses as team leader AND picks the wrong person to bring back under their criteria, isn't that a double whammy against her?

[quote name='QiG']This is the first season I've watched and I'm enjoying it but the editing is so painfully obvious that they're handpicking who to fire regardless of assignment results. It's funny to see that the men are so unified and focused as a team that they had to switch things up because the women are too catty to get over themselves and work together.

I didn't get the Debbie Gibson firing.. if Theresa loses as team leader AND picks the wrong person to bring back under their criteria, isn't that a double whammy against her?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Debbie one was stupid. Theresa messed up, she should have been bounced. They always mix the teams up at some point. I think the bigger thing was separating Lisa and Aubrey.

[quote name='QiG']This is the first season I've watched and I'm enjoying it but the editing is so painfully obvious that they're handpicking who to fire regardless of assignment results. [/QUOTE]

I watched last season and it wasn't nearly this bad.

What alot of people mentioned was that they seemed to mix people up into the new groups that would be more likely to butt heads.

I still say Arsenio was right on about Aubrey...not that I hate her but she's a pushy bitch and at the same time he should have been more firm with him vs letting it build up and blow up at the end when she started taking the credit for shit she didnt really do.

After hearing Adam's claim after he got the boot, I cant look at the show the same way.

At the start I actually had Penn down in the final 3...but considering how he wasnt very confrontational, I can see why Trump fired him vs Clay....ratings......

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Penn was a contender for winning, imo. He always was creative, classy, and got shit done. fucking ratings.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though it's abundantly clear that it doesn't matter what you contribute, it's how you play the game. Not that far off, if at all, from real life.

Penn's off? BS.
Not that I've been paying attention, but this show is now permanently off my radar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='QiG']I agree, though it's abundantly clear that it doesn't matter what you contribute, it's how you play the game. Not that far off, if at all, from real life.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much......I tried to ignore that fact but the closer you get to the end, the more you come to realize it.

After this last episode, Im not feeling the show all that much anymore.

When they were grilling the last 4, they would ask them questions that you would ask if this was the regular apprentice show. Celeb apprentice isnt about actually trying to be his apprentice so that shit should go out the window.

I kinda disagreed with tossing Lisa off first. I dont see Clay earning a final 2 spot over her but thats just me.

I am less curious as to who the final two are, but more about who Trump brings back to be on their teams.

I don't disagree with giving Lisa the boot.. it's bad business to openly treat people the way she does. You don't want to go around telling everyone how awesome you are when you could be taking the time to better someone else in the process rather than call them stupid and worthless. Extremely talented but not team oriented at all and you can't be a leader if you just do everything yourself, you have to know how to delegate.

I'm gonna guess Arsenio is next off. Since Lisa was fired for being emotional, I think Arsenios tirade on Aubrey will be the deciding factor that bites him in the ass and it will be a ginger fight since Trump has had a boner for Aubrey (and Dayana) all season so I think she's safe until the final firing.

[quote name='Will']Im on the fence about this season.[/QUOTE]

I just like the relationships with the celebs and the actual tasks themselves, so I don't care how they edit stuff, etc. I said to my wife before the episode last night started, I don't care who actually wins this thing at all, it's all about each show being entertaining.

But on that note, why did Arsenio win? They don't explain anything that goes into the decision and he was well behind Clay in fundraising.

bread's done
Back