Cellphone question

yester

CAGiversary!
I have right now ATT but my contract is over so now i am looking into something new.
For one i am debating if i change the provider. With ATT i have my unused minutes which i would loose. But really liking i do not ATT. Mainly because i am in the limited internet now with them which really turned me off.
Verizon may be a choice i consider but never had any experience with them.
Service is so far good with ATT. Rarely have dropped calls, but i only have a messaging phone so far. That actually broke just a week ago since i washed it with my clothes (never forget to check clothing before washing!).
With a new battery it works fine but still has some strange behaviors.
Anyway, any suggestions?

oh i forgot that. I think contract. For a while i thought about no-contract but then again i heard that the service is not that great. Plus, of course, you have to buy the phone and you don't get the phone you want. Not that i have a particular phone in mind, but options are a little limited.

Now i am coming closer to the need of a new phone. By accident (really) i washed my phone with my cloths.
Ok, after, nothing worked. I got me a replacement battery but so far, the battery still dies quickly. I learned, that phones have a color strip (phone and battery) that is normally white. Once it touches water it turns red.
So my phone has still red and i think the board is defective since it drains the battery.

Anyway i am in for a new phone, new contract.
Currently with ATT which i like to leave (even though i have so many minutes with them).
What i am looking for isn't necessarily a smartphone, but a texting phone. I really like a phone with a 'real' keyboard.
So a slider. So far i see that most 'quality' phones are android phones. So i guess it will be a 'smart' phone.

I checked 3 from different providers.
Like Sprints Samsung Epic, or Tmobiles myTouch Q or ATT Samsung Captivate. All with sliding keyboard.
Plans are all about $70. But the 'basic' phones are all really basic.
They are mostly really ugly and cheap. It seems that pure messaging phones are not there. Besides i do really prefer a physical keyboard. Right now i have a Samsung Soltice and it has a touch keyboard. Works, but all the time i hit the wrong spot and then need to correct.

The other thing is, i had a look at the Tmobile Sidekick. It does look like a good phone but from what i have seen, its dated. It runs 2.2 and for the price has pretty low resolution for a camera.
The phone itself looks appealing for typing though.

Anyway not sure really what to get. I am aware that i limited myself by requiring a physical keyboard. So need to take whatever is available.

What are you guys using? And are you happy?

Well, anyone has any of these phones? Maybe you got a suggestion. I am listing.

Most people prefer the physical keyboard, but they start wanting real features in the phone and just have to accept that they need to adapt to a touchscreen keyboard because the physical ones are going the way of VHS. It's made easier by aftermarket keyboard, where you can adjust to tactile feedback to it at least "feels" more like a button than a screen. I use Smart Keyboard Pro and SwiftKey. Swype's kinda cool too. Anything but the stock keyboard...I hate those.

The new feature phone on Sprint is the Rumor Reflex, and the new feature phone on Verizon is the Brightside.

Look into those 2.

If those don't tickle your fancy, I'm not 100% sure what to tell you.

Source: I sell phones.

a great site,many useful information!
22.gif

2.tod.gif

bread's done
Back