Challenge Mode for New Super Mario Bros.

ShimSham

CAGiversary!
I have not seen this cheat anywhere before Today, figured I'd share.

After you finish the game, in the world map, press Start, then enter the following command

L R L R X X Y Y

This activates Challenge Mode which enforces the scroll of the game, meaning you can no longer back track during a stage.

and I can confirm that this works.

and i can confirm that it doesn't.

//edit: I can also confirm that i'm a dumbass, it works.

//double edit: and yes, putting the code in a second time disables it.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Is there a way to turn it off? if not then I won't even bother....[/quote] I'm told that it doesn't stay on even if you save with it on. I haven't tried that though.

Edit: Apparently putting the code in a second time turns it off, at least according to Scorch.

Yeah. When it's enabled, there's a little graphic on the map menu in the top right hand corner of an arrow pointing to the right. Putting it in a second time makes it go away and go back to normal.

Gotta love levels (like 2-4) where if you walk forward too far, you literally cannot beat the level as the P switch you need to hit is a ways back and the platform is too high for you to jump on.

[quote name='lilboo']Can i just ask how you found out about this???[/quote]Imran at the Penny Arcade forums (where I frequent) posted it in our G&T Chat Thread.

I'm not sure where he found out about it.

bread's done
Back