Chaos Field now $19.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='WebScud']Thanks.

I know the shooter feeling. I wish there was some sort of definitive shooter list, hehe.[/QUOTE]
Ikaruga
Chaos Field
;)

Think I'll wait for this to change prices at EBGames.com and get my 25% off, if possible.

[quote name='botticus']Source?[/QUOTE]

Computers at Gamestop and EBgames. I picked mine up at EB for $29.99 the day it came out and they told me it was discontinued already.

I stopped by Gamestop the other day to pick up Phoenix Wright. Noticed the price drop and asked about it. He said the price did indeed drop and it was a discontinued game.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Computers at Gamestop and EBgames. I picked mine up at EB for $29.99 the day it came out and they told me it was discontinued already.

I stopped by Gamestop the other day to pick up Phoenix Wright. Noticed the price drop and asked about it. He said the price did indeed drop and it was a discontinued game.[/QUOTE]
Ah well. Hopefully the price will drop at EB and I can pick it up there with my voucher.

I didn't know the game was discountinued? If it is,I should of pick it up during the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free,instead I picked up Intelligent Cube,Ikaruga and Dragon Warrior 7. I got extremely lucky and met an employee that about to quit and want to fuck gamestop before he left.I got Ikaruga and Dragon Warrior 7 for free for a total of $40.:)

At $20, it could be worth buying just to support the genre. Shooter fans with 360s need to check out Mutant Storm on Live Arcade, by the way... Geo Wars-style controls with classic shooter kill-and-avoid gameplay.

I almost picked this up last week for $30. Buyt I heard it wasnt too good. But now I'll pick it up just to support the gerne. I'd rather have an average shooter than no shooter.

Yeah, and the reviews weren't "bad", they were just mediocre. Summary: "It doesn't have the best sound or visuals, and there aren't many gameplay modes, but it's not a bad shooters. Just not the best."

When EB or Gamestop says "discontinued" it usually means they're just not going to get any more of the game. I'm sure you could find it other places possibly, but your best bet just won't be gamestop. That's how I always took it to mean when I worked at Gamestop before.

[quote name='equest943']When EB or Gamestop says "discontinued" it usually means they're just not going to get any more of the game. I'm sure you could find it other places possibly, but your best bet just won't be gamestop. That's how I always took it to mean when I worked at Gamestop before.[/QUOTE]
With this one a lot of stores didn't stock it in the first place.

$20 sounds good. I love shooters, and I've actually been keeping tabs on this one before it even made it overseas. I think I seen it once in store, but really didn't have the money then. Glad I waited! :p

Thank you, OP!

I played the game on the Dreamcast. Its definatley not a great game, if you like rail shooters its not horribly either. But for $20 bucks, picking up a game that will rise in value over time and a GCUBE exclusive to add to your collection is always grand.

A lot of people are saying this isnt as good as Ikaruga. This is true, however, thats like saying a FPS isnt worth buying because it isnt as good as Halo 2. There are few games that are as good as Ikaruga. As for poor review, it is hard to use it as reference. Check Giga Wings review, also everyone that played it agree it deseves a much higher score.

[quote name='62t']A lot of people are saying this isnt as good as Ikaruga. This is true, however, thats like saying a FPS isnt worth buying because it isnt as good as Halo 2. There are few games that are as good as Ikaruga. As for poor review, it is hard to use it as reference. Check Giga Wings review, also everyone that played it agree it deseves a much higher score.[/QUOTE]

Chaos Field isn't as good as Ikaruga, Castle Shikigami 2, Strikers 1945, Gekioh Shooting King, Giga Wing 1 or 2, Mars Matrix, R-Type Final, Gradius V, Gradius III & IV, or Thunder Force V.

It really is substandard as far as shooters go, and while I wouldn't say it's horrible, I will say that it's dull. The $20 price might just be worth it, if only to encourage the release of more shooters, but $10 is more reasonable.

[quote name='Strell']I'm surprised people aren't sayng things like "OMFG GET 2 COPIES THIS WILL BE RARE."[/QUOTE]

I think this one will be rare. The only place I've seen it is at EB and GS and my local EB only received 2 copies, total, since its release. Now that the price has dropped, I fear it will drop off the map like Ikaruga and I'll end up paying more for it in the long run.

I ordered one copy from GS along with the 2005 Tokyo Game Show DVD. It will probably be a year or more before I even get around to playing it. Like so many of you, I have tons of unopened games. Most of my games are stored away for my impending move, but I still have at least 40 unopened games in my cabinet at the moment. Dragon Quest VIII is taking all my free game time at the moment and I'm currently on my second play thru with different character buidling.

I can't honestly give a recommendation to buy this game since I haven't played it. I'm buying it now because I love shooters and collect all of them. At $20, the price is where I like it as well.

I normally don't comment negatively in threads like this, but I'm a shooter fan, have tons of shooters, and this game is pretty damn horrible. I honestly wouldn't touch this for even $10. The absolutely only thing I liked about it is that is has a pretty darn good soundtrack.

[quote name='hohndog']I ordered one copy from GS along with the 2005 Tokyo Game Show DVD. [/QUOTE]
Heh, I bought my GS' last sealed copy and also picked up the TGS DVD when I saw they dropped it to $4.99. Oddly, though, only the front DVD had a $4.99 pricetag and the others were assorted higher versions. (My "$12.99" still rung up the same.)

Seeing as how this game's getting "meh" reviews, in addition to its rarity, I think it'll be worth more to me as a trophy (but not resell should its value go up).

I'll join in to say that the game isn't that good. I'm a big shooter fan, and I've had the Dreamcast version since it was released (back in 2004). It's a poor game trying to imitate the king of the overrated games, Radiant Silvergun. Music IS pretty good though.

Real shooter fans will know that this game is subpar compared to all of the excellent Japanese releases of the past few years. Casual players won't get it because it's a 2D shooter that isn't as good as the huge names of the past few years (Ikaruga and Gradius V). Can't win.

If you really love shooters, I suppose it's worth $20 just to check it out. But be warned it's by no means an elite example of what the genre has to offer. If you aren't already a fan of the genre, Chaos Field won't do anything to change your mind.

What is the concensus on this game from those who played it? Without comparing it to anything (since there aren't any shooters on the GC besides Ikaruga), is it better to own it or not own it?

[quote name='botticus']What is the concensus on this game from those who played it? Without comparing it to anything (since there aren't any shooters on the GC besides Ikaruga), is it better to own it or not own it?[/QUOTE]

It is pretty boring. I don't like it.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Computers at Gamestop and EBgames. I picked mine up at EB for $29.99 the day it came out and they told me it was discontinued already.

I stopped by Gamestop the other day to pick up Phoenix Wright. Noticed the price drop and asked about it. He said the price did indeed drop and it was a discontinued game.[/QUOTE]

Would those be the same computers that have/had Halo 3 as a November release? Or are they the same ones that said they could fill their 360 preorders?

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Would those be the same computers that have/had Halo 3 as a November release? Or are they the same ones that said they could fill their 360 preorders?[/QUOTE]These would be the computers most gamers do their transactions at....and I work at another gamestore. Having a company merge and getting their X360 allocations cut and having a highly anticipated game or anygame for that matter in their computers are standard procedures.

bread's done
Back