Chaos Wars $19.99 @ GQD through Game Podunk

bytemap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I've searched through the forums as best as I could to find if anyone had this deal listed. I didn't find anything, however if there is a thread out there already, I wouldn't mind you updating me and informing me. If that's the case, I'll gladly update this thread to reflect that.

With that being said, here's the info.

GamePodunk has got another coupon code over at the site here + many more ;):
http://www.gamepodunk.com/forum/gamequestdirect/6350-chaos-wars-ps2-19-99-gqd.html

Chaos Wars for PS2
Original Price: $34.99
Coupon Price: $19.99
Expires August 1, 2009 or when quota is met.

Coupon Code: GPCHAOS
Link: Chaos Wars PS2 - GameQuestDirect - Reputable gaming site.

[quote name='eau']How's this game? Wasn't it a GS exclusive?[/QUOTE]
Yea, I am on the fence at this price. I would like to know more about it.

Edit: I bit. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']How's this game? Wasn't it a GS exclusive?[/QUOTE]

It was. It's a game that collects all of your favorite Aruze, Idea Factory, and RED characters in one SRPG, including Yuri from Shadow Hearts, and... other characters, probably.

Awesome, now I don't have to purchase through Gamestop, EB Games, or on the pricier Ebay. Been wanting to get it for the gameplay, but I also want to see the voice acting lulz first hand that will probably force me to change to japanese voice acting or die a horrible death.

I bought it when it came out, and then sold it shortly thereafter.

Load times are bad, combat is sluggish and horribly paced, leveling characters is a nuisance IIRC with a weird almost ephemeral skill system that feels completely pointless. Coupled with my disdain for Nippon Ichi strategy titles in general, even my love for Gungrave and Shadow Hearts could not carry me through more than a few hours of this game.

The voice acting is literally the worst voice acting in existence. It goes beyond the level of being so bad it's awesome to being so bad you wish your life would end. Previews do not do it justice, the voice acting in the game is FAR worse than any of the stomach churningly bad previews you've seen.

All that said, it's not a bad deal for 20$ simply because the nature of the games release pretty much insures you'll at least remake what you put in if you sell it later, even having opened it and given it a shot. I'm sure someone with enough patience and love for Grave/Yuri/Alice/Nippon Ichi-esque strategy titles can have a bit of fun with it at 20$.

I bought this game when it came out.

It's not a bad game if you like other NIS SRPGs (ala La Pucelle Tactics, Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, etc.) though it most closely resembles Phantom Brave with it's radius system over the traditional grid system.

The game does feature both the horrendous English voice cast (which is actually really funny to listen to when you're bored) and the more tolerable Japanese voice cast. Once in battle, the voices default to Japanese anyway, so think of the reverse of Phantom Brave (where the voice cast defaults to English during battle).

All in all, if you like SRPGs $20 is a nice price for this game.

Also, Griate: If you dislike NIS SRPG titles so much, why did you pick up this game?

Wow - that video was like a train wreck. I wanted to stop watching, but I couldn't pull myself away from the horror.

[quote name='Zbornak']Wow - that video was like a train wreck. I wanted to stop watching, but I couldn't pull myself away from the horror.[/QUOTE]

the game has Japanese audio. They have to include a crappy English audio since it is part of sony's policy

This game is pretty bad from what I've seen. I wouldn't play it unless it was given to me as a free review copy, or someone paid me to play it. Pretty bad.

I've searched through the forums as best as I could to find if anyone
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Wow, bad voice acting. I mean, the script isn't helping it. VA's could be stellar and still have me on the floor. But yeah, pretty terrible, and the script's so bad it would have to be in a language you don't understand to take it remotely seriously.

[quote name='Griate']To Omni:I have a devout love for both Gungrave and the first two Shadow Hearts games, which made this game seem like an obvious win.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. To be honest, I haven't played a single game that these characters are from. I just like NIS SRPGs. I kind of wish they had characters from more games though.

Just curious. Do you get free shipping since the game is above $25 before discount? Or does the net total have to be above $25 to get free ship?

[quote name='eau']Just curious. Do you get free shipping since the game is above $25 before discount? Or does the net total have to be above $25 to get free ship?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got free shipping.

bread's done
Back