Chappelle is alive!

Predator21281

CAGiversary!
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TV2v37u39NY[/media]Hopefully he starts doing stand-up on a national level again. Can't be making much on just comedy stops and nightclubs.

I don't think he needs to make much money.. everybody knows how much this funny man was gettin' paid and you read how he said all the fame/tv shit got to him.

...maybe hes just gonna lay low from now on.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He did a stand-up show my freshman year of college (fall 2005) just for my school, at no cost to the students. It was awesome.[/QUOTE]

A year or so ago he did stand-up at the local music hall. Sadly, by the time I realized this, it was already sold out. :cry:

Even worst, I learned that he hit up the skate park a couple blocks away from me. After the fact.

[quote name='TFN']I don't think he needs to make much money.. everybody knows how much this funny man was gettin' paid and you read how he said all the fame/tv shit got to him.

...maybe hes just gonna lay low from now on.[/quote]

seems to be a trend with comedians who get hit shows on tv. the more successful one end their tv stints and go back to their roots in stand up. makes sense too when you think about it after all that tv exposure i bet you can pretty much name your price when you do live shows. big paydays, do whatever you want and work less than you would doing tv shows. itd be interestign to compare what chapelle made in a year of that show to what hed make in a year of doing standup.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He did a stand-up show my freshman year of college (fall 2005) just for my school, at no cost to the students. It was awesome.[/quote]

Lucky you. Know who did that when I was in college?

Pauly fucking Shore. :roll:

I had a two hour break between classes with nothing to do, and I still passed up his free show.

I've seen dude five times live.

Hi-larious.

with the prices they be chargin' for them tickets ($50 a head) you don't have to worry about him going broke.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He did a stand-up show my freshman year of college (fall 2005) just for my school, at no cost to the students. It was awesome.[/quote]

You could always just drive the hour it takes to get to Yellow Springs...I've seen him multiple times walking around. I just get annoyed when people yell at him there.

"...its what keeps this family together."

To Dave (since your apparently broke I know you're on CAG): don't be a crazy recluse anymore we all want you back.

bread's done
Back