Chatot used RPG Thread VIII! It's super effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Amblix']

It's only a plush though, so I'm not to worried about it.

An art book on the other hand. :drool:[/QUOTE]

My wife wants it, she also took my Devil Summoner 2 plush.

Yeah I love me some art books. Ar Tonelico are required to have those. The moment someone goes up a pre-order with an art book I'll be on it. Same with the other NISA game.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My wife wants it, she also took my Devil Summoner 2 plush.

Yeah I love me some art books. Ar Tonelico are required to have those. The moment someone goes up a pre-order with an art book I'll be on it. Same with the other NISA game.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, haha.

Might have to get 2, one to keep sealed. I hope they match the Alchemist of Arland Premium edition in size, god the 3 of those would be sexy together.

[quote name='Amblix']Yeah, I hate those store specific deals.[/QUOTE]
Uhh... I guess that answered my question, in a roundabout way :roll: However, to make doubly sure: it is exclusive, right?

[quote name='blueshinra']Is anywhere else going to have the plush slime bonus? It looks like this Smile Slime plush from the pic on the Gamestop site. If it is, it's going to be hard for me to pass up (I love DQ slimes, and the quality of Smile Slime merchandise is great)... but I'd rather not have to go through Gamestop :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Man I'll probably have to go through GS too, I love slimes and plushes, I wonder what the size is though since I already own a slime plush (if it is a different size than the one I own that would be cool cause then it would look like a Matryoshka doll).

my dog at my last slime plushie haha.

I'm about 6 hours into Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP - my GAWD is the game a grind.

So many random battles, it feels like every 3 steps.

[quote name='grrouchie']my dog at my last slime plushie haha.

I'm about 6 hours into Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP - my GAWD is the game a grind.

So many random battles, it feels like every 3 steps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got burnt out on that one. I beat the Earth Fiend got to the place with the canoe. BEtween the class upgrades, ice and fire caves. Just got to be to much.

Last Final Fantasy I tried on the PSP was a Tactics one, something with lions in the title I think.

Was boring and could never grab my attention. So I stick to Final Fantasy on the DS. :)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, is anyone else playing Super Robot Wars J, or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Just you?

I have 1, 2, and Endless Frontier but that is it.

Here is some good news. Now just need amazon to have the game up
When we asked our readers for their Hyperdimension Neptunia questions last week, a lot of you wanted to know what bonuses the game would come with and at what stores. You’ll be glad to know that Neptunia bonuses aren’t limited to the NISA store or to Gamestop.

Every copy of the initial shipment of Neptunia in the U.S., regardless of where you purchase it, will be the game’s premium edition, and come with the artbook. NIS America warned us that these would be limited, so anyone hoping for the art book would likely want to pre-order to be on the safe side.

There’s an added bonus for those that buy the game from the NISA Online Store. If you order the game from the NISA store, you also get a set of Neptunia playing cards in addition to the game and art book.

Unfortunately, these bonuses are limited to the U.S. NISA say pre-orders for Neptunia will be going up “soon,” with the game slated for release in February. Look forward to answers to our fan-powered Neptunia Q&A in the near future

Original article is here

[quote name='Amblix']Hmm, are the cards worth getting it from the NISA store...[/QUOTE]

Well I heard their shipping price is atrocious so up to you.

Not sure if they charge tax, if not USPS priority isn't to bad

USPS Express Mail – $24.97 USPS Priority Mail® – $5.83

neptuniacards3.jpg

I know nothing of this game, but I wnat to order it for the art and the cards alone....
wow

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well I heard their shipping price is atrocious so up to you.

neptuniacards3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JEKKI']oh shyt! the Klan!![/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I'm pretty far along in Rune Factory 3, now. It's amazing how streamlined this is compared to the previous entries.

[quote name='grrouchie']I know nothing of this game, but I wnat to order it for the art and the cards alone....
wow[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well I heard their shipping price is atrocious so up to you.

neptuniacards3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

$5.83 isn't that bad, definately down for the cards.

I want the Neptunia cards too, but what I'm more concerned with is how NISA ships things. It looks like the packaging is like Atelier Rorona's outer box, and I don't want it shipped in a bubble mailer and have the box end up being crushed. I think the only time I've ever ordered something from them, it was in a bubble mailer.

Also, the e-mail NISA sent out last week said pre-orders would be up this week.

Anyone know if NIS Store charges the moment you pre-order or when they ship? (I can't afford this one until just before release day so that will help determine where I pre-order)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Anyone know if NIS Store charges the moment you pre-order or when they ship? (I can't afford this one until just before release day so that will help determine where I pre-order)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. I know I wouldn't be able to get to it for a while, but I still want to get the game so much :drool:

[quote name='grrouchie']I know nothing of this game, but I wnat to order it for the art and the cards alone....
wow[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Is there even an official price yet? Hopefully it going to be similar with Atelier Rorona where the limited edition is the same price as the normal edition

Gone all weekend, but hoping to put some serious time into Star Ocean before going back to college next Sunday. Hoping to reach the big twist tonight, I think I am pretty close. I am in the Kirlsa mansion on a rescue mission.

Beat Pokemon White [JP] this weekend and have been working on a few others at the moment, mostly the Pokemon Ranger games tying up loose ends and trying to finish those.

I am just about to start disc 3 in Lost Odyssey, should be there tomorrow (I am in the dungeon before the disc change). If I am diligent, I expect to finish this game in the next two weeks. This brings me to my question: Is the DLC worth getting for it?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Anyone know if NIS Store charges the moment you pre-order or when they ship? (I can't afford this one until just before release day so that will help determine where I pre-order)[/QUOTE]

I want to say that they do charge you when the order is placed, but I'm not really too sure since I havn't ordered from them in a while (I think the last thing was Mana Khemia 2) so don't hold me to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm done with the second Star Ocean. I just can't get into the battle system. It was fine when I had a party of three but the addition of Ashton (and Creepy and Weepy) just makes battles a mess.

Other than the Tales series, I'm a turn-based guy.

Beat Dragon Quest IV in under 25 hours. The strategy guide suggests you be at 34, but I think that's way under leveled. 36+ makes the fight much easier.

Hopefully I'll beat Tales of Vesperia by the time Dragon Quest VI comes out.

wow[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure what sort of game this is. Turn-based RPG? SRPG? I'd probably like to play it, but would be emberassed to let anyone know I was playing it.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm not even sure what sort of game this is. Turn-based RPG? SRPG? I'd probably like to play it, but would be emberassed to let anyone know I was playing it.[/QUOTE]

S-RPG. Think Final Fantasy Tactics style.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, is anyone else playing Super Robot Wars J, or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

There's a new SRW for American Audiences? I loved SRW OG 1&2 on the GBA. Found the endless frontier game to be really dull and quit 1/2 through it.

[quote name='depascal22']I think I'm done with the second Star Ocean. I just can't get into the battle system. It was fine when I had a party of three but the addition of Ashton (and Creepy and Weepy) just makes battles a mess. [/QUOTE]
Eh, there's not much to do in the battle system besides spam abilities. I hardly ever worry about my teammates in SO2.

Besides, every time I think about SO2 I think

"teaaaaar into pieeeeeces"

i had never anything about hyperdimension neptunia until you guys started talking about it

looks interesting, but ugh, i don't like those english voices. but i'm also convinced japanese voices won't be good either...

[quote name='Amblix']C'mon amazon get Hyperdimension Neptunia up!

Gamestop has the regular, can't find a premium.[/QUOTE]
According to NISA, every launch copy is the premium.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']According to NISA, every launch copy is the premium.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't have anything up for it at all. They got until Friday then I'm pre-ordering it at Gamestop alogn wtih DQVI.

OK, after getting to the 3rd Chapter in Resonance of Fate....this game gets a little tough.

I don't think it helps that I can't really wrap my head around the Tri Attack and/or how to use it properly.

[quote name='chibamm']I don't think it helps that I can't really wrap my head around the Tri Attack and/or how to use it properly.[/QUOTE]
IIRC

Tri-Attack: Everyone runs to the next player's position, whether it be clockwise or counterclockwise.

The amount of points you have determine how many times they run. If you had 8 points then they'll run to 8 different points (which would be 2 complete loops and then 2 more points).

The bigger the triangle the more time they spend running. If you have a tiny triangle it'll suck.

If people collide because the triangle is too thin or because of the way environment is set up, then they lose all their points and just stop running.

While running, just imagine that you're executing a regular run, except everyone's doing it at the same time. Once someone fires, everyone else has to fire.

It's not really that complicated, they just make it sound unnecessarily complicated.

[quote name='Amblix']That's awesome.

C'mon M rated art book![/QUOTE]

Since Amazon doesn't have this one either looks like Ill be putting in my Gamestop order on Friday as well.

Decided not to preorder DQ VI, but will pick it up eventually. Saw a certain figure on sale today that I couldn't pass up, and it was one or the other.

another sequence depicts a male character "removing" a magical crystal from a female character—this scene is accompanied by suggestive moans and comments

Something like this happened in the previous game. Sounded like, "Dive into me but be gentle, it's my first time *moaning*" My wife was in the room she was like wtf are you playing? She's Japanese so I said "Your people made this, not mine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back