CHEAP 360 games and others at GAME CRAZY YMMV Starts 12-19-05

SnakeEater

CAGiversary!
Today at a SoCal Game Crazy there was a "Hot Sale" printout from the corporate office. I thought it was a mistake because the prices were too good to be a Game Crazy sale so i spoke with our district manager and he said that until they tell us that it's wrong, those are the prices. I also read on the sheet that the POS should be automatically updated but i checked the computers and they still had the regular prices listed. So this deal is EXTREMELY YMMV. The prices need to be manually repriced at checkout since the computer doesn't reflect the sale prices. I tried to make a copy of the printout but the copy machine was out of toner. No word on how long this sale will last. If it's an error, i'd expect them to send out a letter tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Oh and as far as i know, these prices are for new games.
Good Luck.

X360

Amped 3 = $39.99
NBA 2k6 = $39.99
NHL 2k6 = $39.99

PS2

Backyard Wrestling 2 = $9.99
Devil May Cry 3 = $19.99
Dragon Quest VIII = $29.99
Hitman Contracts = $9.99
Killer 7 = $19.99
Madden 2006 = 19.99
Mega Man X Command Mission = $9.99
Need For Speed: Most Wanted = $34.99
Resident Evil OUtbreak 2 = $9.99
Ultimate Spiderman = $29.99
X-Men Legends 2 = $29.99

Xbox

Clancy Triple Pack = $9.99
Doom 3 = $14.99
Half Life 2 = $29.99
Madden 2006 = $19.99
Shellshock Nam 67 = $9.99
X-Men Legends 2 = $29.99

GameCube

Killer 7 = $19.99
Madden 2006 = $19.99
Mega Man X Command Mission = $9.99
X-men Legends 2 = $29.99

PSP

Frantix = $19.99

edit: CONFIRMED, sale starts Monday 12-19-05. Ads are availbe in store. Sale ends 12/24 so hurry!

Which SoCal location???

I called 4 different locations in OC and no one knows anything...

And I JUST quit a week ago! If were still working there I probably could have backed you up, or clarified how YMMV this was.

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if this was a wide thing. They send out stupid stuff like this all the time, then get mad when they lose their margin on the stuff.

i believe there are a few other GC employees on CAG other than myself. I'm curious to know if any of the other stores received this "hot sale" print out.

the one on El Cajon in SD. The store manager is reluctant to sell them at the supposed sale price because he thinks they are pricing errors and is expecting word from the corporate offices. So i can't guarantee that he'll sell it to you if you go down there. I'll post more info when i find out.

El Cajon? The one on Magnolia in Downtown EC with crappy parking? Or isn't there another one somewhere down toward Cuyamaca College... I'm in La Mesa, right down the road from you in any case. Too many of us cheap bastards on here, no wonder I have a hard time finding great deals lately. I tend to go to the Lemon Grove or I-15/Aero Drive Game Crazy stores though...

Seriously though, most of those prices aren't surprising at all. The 360 games are a little unique, but they aren't unreasonably low. Three 2K Sports games, two of the series known for low prices anyway, and the other (Amped) being one of the most ignored 360 launch titles. Maybe it will get people to come into Game Crazy and spend some more Christmas gift money on full priced games. Though the 360 titles advertised aren't exactly your typical desirable loss leaders. More along the lines of middle of the pack (or mediocre) 360 launch titles.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're just trying to make sure they move some units of disappointing performing software while people are still in the holiday buying frenzy mode.

You can get DMC3 and Killer 7 for $14.99 at K-Mart from the 50% off Blue Light Sale, FYI. :D

CONFIRMED - THIS SALE STARTS MONDAY.

In addition, instead of the Buy 2 Get 1 NEW titles under 18.99 going on right now, they will be doing BUY 2 GET 2 FREE 18.99 and under.

I have a DQ8 on hold, and for B2G2 I have Skies of Arcadia, Goblin Commander, non-gh FFX-2 and bombastic on hold in Austintown, OH

Title of post needs to be changed or new thread needs to be made

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']CONFIRMED - THIS SALE STARTS MONDAY.

In addition, instead of the Buy 2 Get 1 NEW titles under 18.99 going on right now, they will be doing BUY 2 GET 2 FREE 18.99 and under.

I have a DQ8 on hold, and for B2G2 I have Skies of Arcadia, Goblin Commander, non-gh FFX-2 and bombastic on hold in Austintown, OH

Title of post needs to be changed or new thread needs to be made

Dave[/QUOTE]

How long will B2G2 last... and do you know if its nationwide?

It's not lasting long - should end before or on the 24th. nationwide as far as I know.

No, that is buy 2 get 2 free NEW games 18.99 or under. Current deal is buy 2 get 1 new 18.99 and under. I had Skies, FF X-2 and Goblin Commander ready, but friendly employee said to wait till monday and I could get another free game. had them hold bombastic, and then he suggested he hols a DQ8 for me since they wer ekinda low

Dave

Nice... need to drop by early on Monday to pick up DQ8. Great, just what I need with my current backlog of games..a 100 hour RPG!

[quote name='MightySlacker']It's not lasting long - should end before or on the 24th. nationwide as far as I know.

No, that is buy 2 get 2 free NEW games 18.99 or under. Current deal is buy 2 get 1 new 18.99 and under. I had Skies, FF X-2 and Goblin Commander ready, but friendly employee said to wait till monday and I could get another free game. had them hold bombastic, and then he suggested he hols a DQ8 for me since they wer ekinda low

Dave[/QUOTE]
Wow, they have new copies of Skies of Arcadia and Goblin Commander there?

yup - 15.99 each. ffx-2 was 14.99 and bombastic was the same - those will be the free games. Skies is non-pc and x-2 is non-gh. Goblin is minus shrinkwrap, but still is sticker in tact.

Dave

Does BB Pricematch and still accept coupons at the same time?

Wouldn't be able to pass up NBA2K6 is I could get it for $30

[quote name='Shayde']Does BB Pricematch and still accept coupons at the same time?

Wouldn't be able to pass up NBA2K6 is I could get it for $30[/QUOTE]

they are not suppose to, but who knows there are dumb best buys everywhere u can give it a try.

i agree, DQ 8 will be mine. might even check what new games i can find, but i'm not holding my breath. everything's so high priced there. and then, each and every time, they try to get me to but their overpriced 10% off card. i mean, GS's card is $15 WITH a 12 month subscription, and EB's, last time i checked, is only $5. screw you Gamecrazy. how are you not in the hole?

I'll bite for Dragon Quest. I was gonna pick it up for $50 for my boyfriend but hell for $30. Too bad it's out in Wilmington, like 45 mins away. Bleh.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i agree, DQ 8 will be mine. might even check what new games i can find, but i'm not holding my breath. everything's so high priced there. and then, each and every time, they try to get me to but their overpriced 10% off card. i mean, GS's card is $15 WITH a 12 month subscription, and EB's, last time i checked, is only $5. screw you Gamecrazy. how are you not in the hole?[/QUOTE]

GameCrazy started the whole discount card program, and to be fair, on used new-release titles, the typical $49.99 new is $41.99 used, not $44.99 like GS and BB.

So if you pay for your discount card at GameCrazy to buy a $41.99 game, you pay in total $57.79 for the card and a used game, versus $55.49 for the card and game at GS. That's a $2.30 difference, and use the card again for another used new-release, and you'll be at $95.58 at GameCrazy, and $95.98 at GS, saving you $.40 over them.

Throw in the price match for trades, the special order program, and the fact that you don't have to worry about GameCrazy boxes being covered with stickers that 95% of the time leave residue on the box, why go with GameStop?

Oh yeah, and confirmed Sale (although details lingering) in the Los Angeles area.

Starting Monday 12/19:

39.99 (xbox360)
NBA 2K6
NHL 2K6
Amped 3

Half Life 2
Ult. Spider Man
Xmen Legends 2
Dragon Quest 8

Killer 7
DMC 3

RE Outbeak 2
Hitman Contracts
Megaman X Command Mission
Project Snowblind
Shellshock 67

Buy 2 get 2 free on games 18.99 and under

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']Starting Monday 12/19:

Buy 2 get 2 free on games 18.99 and under[/QUOTE]

Is this on games that are new, used, or both?

bread's done
Back