Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Spirit Tracks is still pricey but what ticks me off is that there is some idiot that bought many of the Nintendo refurbished ones (from the Nintendo Store) for $10/each and they are selling it on eBay for $40! Punks... But I suppose if you snooze, you loose
If it makes you feel any better, Spirit Tracks is godawful and they're doing everyone a favor by not letting anyone play it. I haven't even been able to play a Zelda game since, it was that bad.

If it makes you feel any better, Spirit Tracks is godawful and they're doing everyone a favor by not letting anyone play it. I haven't even been able to play a Zelda game since, it was that bad.
Yeah, you just play hentai games like "Hypno-Training My Mother and Sister" and "The Great Invention of the Sexy Era." :p

Seriously, both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are great games, and the general consensus is that you should own both if you own a DS. I remember when people said Wind Waker was a bad game simply because they disliked the cel-shaded graphics. They were wrong, of course. Get them both, buddy.

Yeah, you just play hentai games like "Hypno-Training My Mother and Sister" and "The Great Invention of the Sexy Era." :p

Seriously, both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are great games, and the general consensus is that you should own both if you own a DS. I remember when people said Wind Waker was a bad game simply because they disliked the cel-shaded graphics. They were wrong, of course. Get them both, buddy.
The flack against Windwaker was because people were expecting the next evolution to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and Windwaker changed everything, not just the graphics (though there was a lot of controversy there too). Twilight Princess was the game Zelda fans wanted.

Not just like those, I play a very balanced assortment of hentai games.

But seriously, Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were both great. Spirit Tracks was a very boring and slow rail shooter with instant death enemies every 3 steps that you had to suffer through to get to the occasional fun bit. The best thing I can say about the game is that Zelda was adorable.

I would buy Phantom Hourglass just because I like the art on the cover of the box. 

EDIT: If anyone wants to trade me their Phantom Hourglass (complete) for a $20 TRU credit and $10 please PM me. 

Soooooo weird. Shows up as $13.99 for me, and changes to $13.98 in the cart. I mean, I'm happy either way, but it's bizarre.

Edit: NM... looks like I just had the $13.99 cached. NYS tax took me just over $15, but I did the no-rush shipping just in case the price keeps dropping.

Edit #2: here's a screenshot of the price, in case anyone needs it for a price adjustment:

VCW5v4j.png

Too bad the price didn't hold on DBZ:EB.  In any event, maybe next time it'll get closer to $10.

As for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass... I LOVED Wind Waker... so getting to go back to that general world for PH was heavenly.  My initial thought with Wind Waker was that the sailing took the series up to new heights of exploration.  I'm a huge fan of exploring in games.  Heck in GTA (the original) I spent a lot of time just running around the cities exploring everything.  I still do that with open world games.  Anyway PH held my attention and I enjoyed it.  ST I enjoyed but it took effort to keep playing because some parts of it seemed a bit boring.  I had my reservations on both games due to the control changes but it turned out fine.   My favorite of the handheld games though is Minish Cap.  That game lacked on exploration made it up in fantastic world design and dungeons.

How is the Persona Q SE packaged? I got it from AWD and there's like a single piece of scotch tape on the top and bottom.

How is the Persona Q SE packaged? I got it from AWD and there's like a single piece of scotch tape on the top and bottom.
Isn't every game through AWD an opened copy with the only difference being it's condition? The regular new copy of the Wild Cards Premium version is sealed with plastic as is the Standard Edition.

Would any of you know why Yoshi's New Island is still at retail price? Doesn't appear to be cheaper than 40 for a new one.
They must have just made an initial run of physical games and said "that's it". Seems to disappearing from most retail shelves. Sold well enough where we never really saw discounts on it but not well enough to warrant another print run maybe? Didn't review all that fantastic either.

When Gamefly had it in their end of the year sale for $19.99 a few weeks back I jumped on it right away. The game is OK. If you're a fan of the series but haven't picked it up for whatever reason I'd maybe jump on it for full price. Surprisingly, Gamestop had it used for $39.99 but it's on sale now for $29.99: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/yoshis-new-island/110061

I also agree with the Yoshi's New Island game being kind of just alright. It's not too hard, gets a bit boring and the levels are also just aight. I really regretted getting it new a while back when Newegg still had pre-order discounts.....before GCU....interesting times.

I wish I had a $10 off $25.

Jerk! :*(
it's the typical, "....you're missed, take $10 off" coupon. They probably won't send another since I actually used it this time. I had one around same time last month and one in November but never used them. I figured this time I'd actually use it on something before expiration.

Is the OP still updated? The links for Mario Golf & Tennis are dead, but I see the upcoming games had to have been updated sometime in the last couple months. I'd like to find Mario Golf for $19.99 or less. Thanks.

I would buy Phantom Hourglass just because I like the art on the cover of the box.

EDIT: If anyone wants to trade me their Phantom Hourglass (complete) for a $20 TRU credit and $10 please PM me.
I was able to pick up a mint copy of PH in AWD for 17 bucks.

Been chasing ST, and unfortunately lost it for 23 once, now the price is up to 43 in Acceptable condition.

I was able to pick up a mint copy of PH in AWD for 17 bucks.

Been chasing ST, and unfortunately lost it for 23 once, now the price is up to 43 in Acceptable condition.
Just actually received a copy I traded with another CAGer yesterday. It has one of the most colorful manuals I have ever seen. A+ if you're into that stuff.

bread's done
Back