Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, are these only going to be sold through that Canadian store then?
That's what it looks like. They're also reprinting a bunch of Atlus PSP games as wellso it looks like they struck some sort of deal with the publishers.

Oh wow. I don't have any of those except Persona 1. If those reprints are at a decent price, I might buy them all. As for Jewel Summoner, the game sucks, but it's worth a fortune, relatively speaking. I've got two and am trying to unload them for said fortune so if they got a reprint, I might have to drown myself.

Oh wow. I don't have any of those except Persona 1. If those reprints are at a decent price, I might buy them all. As for Jewel Summoner, the game sucks, but it's worth a fortune, relatively speaking. I've got two and am trying to unload them for said fortune so if they got a reprint, I might have to drown myself.
Here's the PSP page: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/retro-psp-c-54_380.html

Those and the DS ones seem to be original MSRP which is mostly $30-40 USD. Which is a lot on the one hand but also a bargain on the other. I'm very torn.

There is a new Humble Bundle, the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu) that comes with these games:

$1 level:
Retro City Rampage: DX :3ds:
Affordable Space Adventures :wiiu:
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse :wiiu::3ds:

BTA (currently $9.54) level:
Freedom Planet :wiiu:
Rhythm Thief  & the Emperor's Treasure :3ds:
Citizens of Earth :wiiu: or :3ds:
Retro City Rampage: DX :3ds: Home Screen Theme

$13+ level:
Super Street Fighter IV:  3D Edition :3ds:
Darksiders II :wiiu:

There are other games available at the BTA level that will be announced later.  I know nothing about any of these games, can any of them be recommended?  I don't have a :wiiu: so those games would probably be sold or something.

There is a new Humble Bundle, the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu) that comes with these games:

$1 level:
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse :wiiu: / :3ds:

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure :3ds:

$13+ level:
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition :3ds:

There are other games available at the BTA level that will be announced later. I know nothing about any of these games, can any of them be recommended? I don't have a :wiiu: so those games would probably be sold or something.
Retro City Rampage I thought was a pretty fun game with some good references (I know it was a miss for a lot of other people though). Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is a fun metroid-vania type action platformer. It does have some really hard parts (I really hate the dragon boss).

Was this mentioned? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210230

Reprints of Infinite Space, Trauma Center 1/2, DQ Monsters and Rocket Slime, Valkyrie Profile, and GTA Chinatown Wars. Man I want Infinite Space but I'm not sure I want to spend $40 on it to have it new.
Wow, thanks for the info. This site seems awesome for hard to find expensive oldies, has really good reviews, and is much more reasonably priced than play asia. I can finally get a decently priced copy of Clash of Heroes psp.

$1 level:
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse :wiiu: / :3ds:

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure :3ds:

$13+ level:
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition :3ds:

There are other games available at the BTA level that will be announced later. I know nothing about any of these games, can any of them be recommended? I don't have a :wiiu: so those games would probably be sold or something.
Super Street Fighter IV is a surprisingly good version of the classic fighter. It has all the characters up to Super (no Arcade or Ultra fighters like Yun, Yang, Decapre, etc) and all their costumes. The characters look almost as good as the consoles, both in animations and textures, and the frame rate is great. The compromise was made in the backgrounds, which are pretty much static, with onlookers frozen in place and details like bubbling lava or the Crumbling Laboratory completely absent (the lab goes instantly from normal to destroyed between rounds), but they are in 3-D. You can also assign up to four moves to the touch screen, so tricky moves like Raging Demon and the Hooligan Combo can now be performed at the press of a button. The beginning and ending movies are also present and accounted for, complete with voice acting. Forget the compromised SFs on Nintendo handhelds we've seen in the past; this is the full experience.

I checked out as a guest on the BTA level, but now I changed my mind and want the $13 level (since it's only about $3 more than I paid). Am I screwed?

I checked out as a guest on the BTA level, but now I changed my mind and want the $13 level (since it's only about $3 more than I paid). Am I screwed?
Why wouldn't you want/don't you have an account? You should have a link in the email that takes you to your purchase and I believe you can pay more from there.

Super Street Fighter IV is a surprisingly good version of the classic fighter. It has all the characters up to Super (no Arcade or Ultra fighters like Yun, Yang, Decapre, etc) and all their costumes. The characters look almost as good as the consoles, both in animations and textures, and the frame rate is great. The compromise was made in the backgrounds, which are pretty much static, with onlookers frozen in place and details like bubbling lava or the Crumbling Laboratory completely absent (the lab goes instantly from normal to destroyed between rounds), but they are in 3-D. You can also assign up to four moves to the touch screen, so tricky moves like Raging Demon and the Hooligan Combo can now be performed at the press of a button. The beginning and ending movies are also present and accounted for, complete with voice acting. Forget the compromised SFs on Nintendo handhelds we've seen in the past; this is the full experience.
I agree, SSF4 was pretty bad ass. Even now, years after it was released, I'm still very impressed by it. I really wish Capcom continued to make portable versions of SF, but I'm sure the handheld market just didn't do much for them dollar wise.

Well Popolocrois is dropping like a rock on Amazon. It's at $18.81 and continuing to fall.
The MSRP of that seems to have dropped to $29.99 as well, so the normal price at Best Buy with GCU will be $23.99 if Amazon decides to raise their prices on it again.

Sega 3D Classics Collection is now $19.86 on Amazon. I first got the heads up on this dropping about a week ago on Gamefaqs, but I was waiting on sub $20 to happen, and it finally did. The first print of this also comes with a cool sticker set, but I can't say for sure if this is them or not, but it should.

https://www.amazon.com/SEGA-3D-Classics-Collection-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01B1KEERW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466659139&sr=8-1&keywords=sega+3d+classics+3ds
Very good. Now it's BB's turn so I can apply GCU.

Sega 3D Classics Collection is now $19.86 on Amazon. I first got the heads up on this dropping about a week ago on Gamefaqs, but I was waiting on sub $20 to happen, and it finally did. The first print of this also comes with a cool sticker set, but I can't say for sure if this is them or not, but it should.

https://www.amazon.com/SEGA-3D-Classics-Collection-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01B1KEERW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466659139&sr=8-1&keywords=sega+3d+classics+3ds
Damn, it went back up slightly. I need it to drop to around $15 for me to buy it, considering I already own the digital version of many of those games.

Damn, it went back up slightly. I need it to drop to around $15 for me to buy it, considering I already own the digital version of many of those games.
The lowest I saw it at was the high eighteens, then it started to rise as more buyers probably got in on it. The Mega Man collection dropped quick and went up and down, and it did get pretty low, but I'm not sure if it ever made it past $15.

I was good at $20, even though I own most of these games already, I wanted to say thanks to SEGA for making these games, and also for offering a physical option. I wish they would have combined both the Japanese releases on to one cart, as then it would have covered all the titles, but in this day and age of digital only titles, I can't be choosy on the physical options.

Got an email from Amazon for a free (and surprisingly attractive) MH Generations theme this morning. Was this for all versions of the game, or just Amazon exclusive? I don't see anything about it on their product page. In any event, check those emails!

Got an email from Amazon for a free (and surprisingly attractive) MH Generations theme this morning. Was this for all versions of the game, or just Amazon exclusive? I don't see anything about it on their product page. In any event, check those emails!
I believe Best Buy also had this preorder bonus.

There's been a real lack of good 3DS sales lately.  There was an OK B1G1 50% in July from BBY but otherwise it's been months and months since I've bought anything for it.  Hopefully we get a good 3DS promotion at BBY with the holidays coming.

There have been some decent random game sales... just no one is posting them to this thread.  My 3DS library is pretty filled out with what I actually want that's available.  Yesterday, I finally took the time to go track down a cheap copy of Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask.   It was the last game I needed in the series.   I ended up burning some points at GS for a $10 coupon and found a complete used copy (even had the instruction manual).  Out the door it was $11.  It would have been $10 if the network wasn't down in the store so I could get my pro discount... but I felt good about it anyway as the main thing was getting a complete copy cheap and there were only 3 more stores I could even check within 100miles.  So the extra $1 wasn't a problem.

Right now I'm mainly just looking forward to new releases.  Dragon Quest VII, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, River City Tokyo Rumble & Shantae Pirate's Curse.  I'm just getting them from Amazon so -20%, no tax, and free shipping.  That to me is good enough.

Amazon really needs to start taking preorders for River City: Tokyo Rumble.  Don't want to miss out on the 20% off and would rather not have to order it from Play Asia or Video Games Plus (Canada).

Amazon really needs to start taking preorders for River City: Tokyo Rumble. Don't want to miss out on the 20% off and would rather not have to order it from Play Asia or Video Games Plus (Canada).
It's not Amazon, it's the publisher's decision not to do preorders. CeeCee (a rep) posts over on the Gamefaqs forum for this game and it's pretty much just how it is. I plan to order the game when it goes live on launch. It should still qualify for the 20% off since it'll be within the launch window. If the 20% off does apply, I'm thinking of getting a second copy.

It's not Amazon, it's the publisher's decision not to do preorders. CeeCee (a rep) posts over on the Gamefaqs forum for this game and it's pretty much just how it is. I plan to order the game when it goes live on launch. It should still qualify for the 20% off since it'll be within the launch window. If the 20% off does apply, I'm thinking of getting a second copy.
Curious, is it just the big retailers that they are enforcing this with? Just noticed another small retailer - Bull Moose - now has a preorder up for $28.97:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23419974/nintendo-3ds-river-city-tokyo-rumble

I'm still waiting for Amazon/Best Buy, but at least I know there are some other options.

Well, I was expecting to order River City Tokyo Rumble today from Amazon... but it sold out sometime before I woke up.  I ended up having to get my copy from videogamesplus.ca and added a Vita system sleeve to push it over the $40 canadian to get the free world wide shipping.  Total was $34 usd... which is about the same as it would have been if I paid shipping.  So a decent deal.

Well, I was expecting to order River City Tokyo Rumble today from Amazon... but it sold out sometime before I woke up. I ended up having to get my copy from videogamesplus.ca and added a Vita system sleeve to push it over the $40 canadian to get the free world wide shipping. Total was $34 usd... which is about the same as it would have been if I paid shipping. So a decent deal.
It's also available on eBay for ~$32 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381779465246

I think Amazon is the only place where the keychain is included.

Well, I was expecting to order River City Tokyo Rumble today from Amazon... but it sold out sometime before I woke up. I ended up having to get my copy from videogamesplus.ca and added a Vita system sleeve to push it over the $40 canadian to get the free world wide shipping. Total was $34 usd... which is about the same as it would have been if I paid shipping. So a decent deal.
It sold out because despite an actual employee from Natsume saying Amazon would not put it on sale until today, Amazon said no way and decided to put it up yesterday afternoon. I was busy yesterday and didn't even get online last night or I'd have seen it. Apparently there was a Facebook post from cheapassgamer around 5:30 last night but of course I didn't see it in my feed until this morning because Facebook is random on what it wants to show you. I ordered it earlier from videogamesplus as well. I don't care about the keychain and I heard the Prime discount wasn't working so it ended up being cheaper regardless.

It sold out because despite an actual employee from Natsume saying Amazon would not put it on sale until today, Amazon said no way and decided to put it up yesterday afternoon. I was busy yesterday and didn't even get online last night or I'd have seen it. Apparently there was a Facebook post from cheapassgamer around 5:30 last night but of course I didn't see it in my feed until this morning because Facebook is random on what it wants to show you. I ordered it earlier from videogamesplus as well. I don't care about the keychain and I heard the Prime discount wasn't working so it ended up being cheaper regardless.
Amazon didn't just decide to put it up for sale at a random time.

It likely went up because Amazon received the shipment from Natsume and processed it. I know when I send things in to be sold through Amazon Fulfillment like this was, they go up automatically when they're received and processed.

bread's done
Back