Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Langrisser and got it today. Still comes with artbook. It's on the front, outside of the game case, and the whole thing is sealed together.
That's pretty awesome they are still including the bonuses! Makes me feel kind of bad since I preordered this solely for the bonuses (not knowing how poorly it would review).

It's not bad at all - it just plays like a 16-bit game. It's literally the same game as previous entries in the series with no improvements, so if you don't mind gameplay from over two decades ago and with no more frills than an SNES game, it's worth picking up. The only caveats are that the battle animations are utter crap - you should turn them off - and the control layout is unchanged from the Japanese version of the game, so you have to remember that A is Cancel and B is Confirm.

It's not bad at all - it just plays like a 16-bit game. It's literally the same game as previous entries in the series with no improvements, so if you don't mind gameplay from over two decades ago and with no more frills than an SNES game, it's worth picking up. The only caveats are that the battle animations are utter crap - you should turn them off - and the control layout is unchanged from the Japanese version of the game, so you have to remember that A is Cancel and B is Confirm.
I never play the previous entries. Does it have a good storyline? Dont mind old school graphics

It's as stereotypical as they come: the Empire is rampaging across the land, and only you, the hero, wielding the titular Langrisser sword can stop them. But all the Langrisser games have branching storylines including this one - you can join the Empire or the opposing army led by the church, or you can join demons or just go it alone with your ragtag band of heroes.

It's as stereotypical as they come: the Empire is rampaging across the land, and only you, the hero, wielding the titular Langrisser sword can stop them. But all the Langrisser games have branching storylines including this one - you can join the Empire or the opposing army led by the church, or you can join demons or just go it alone with your ragtag band of heroes.
So why the bashing of how bad this game is? (heard from others)

Slidecage hit it right on the head. 3DS has no shortage of great RPGs or SRPGs including Fire Emblem, which it would inevitably be compared to. Langrisser is just average in comparison. But even Fire Emblem took a long time to get popular: the first game here came out in 2003 for GBA, and the series didn't become popular until Awakening in 2013. So it took literally a decade - what chance does a non-Nintendo game have? And I would wager that Fire Emblem's popularity can be as much attributed to its characters being included in Smash Bros. as much as the series itself.

And to be fair, this is far away from the best Langrisser in the series. You know how in Fire Emblem some of your characters get so powerful that they do all the work and the others don't end up doing anything? It's even worse here. In the Japanese version of the game, the AI was so aggressive that they would just attack you every turn and end up being killed when your characters defend themselves. When it was localized here, they changed the AI to not suicide themselves on your troops, but now they just stand around most of the time doing nothing since they're not going to attack you except for the officers. So it's not a great introduction to the series and is probably one of the easiest SRPGs on 3DS.

Slidecage hit it right on the head. 3DS has no shortage of great RPGs or SRPGs including Fire Emblem, which it would inevitably be compared to. Langrisser is just average in comparison. But even Fire Emblem took a long time to get popular: the first game here came out in 2003 for GBA, and the series didn't become popular until Awakening in 2013. So it took literally a decade - what chance does a non-Nintendo game have? And I would wager that Fire Emblem's popularity can be as much attributed to its characters being included in Smash Bros. as much as the series itself.

And to be fair, this is far away from the best Langrisser in the series. You know how in Fire Emblem some of your characters get so powerful that they do all the work and the others don't end up doing anything? It's even worse here. In the Japanese version of the game, the AI was so aggressive that they would just attack you every turn and end up being killed when your characters defend themselves. When it was localized here, they changed the AI to not suicide themselves on your troops, but now they just stand around most of the time doing nothing since they're not going to attack you except for the officers. So it's not a great introduction to the series and is probably one of the easiest SRPGs on 3DS.
I got gba sp when it first came out and got fire emblem and knew how great it was back then. Also got the gamecube too, but havent play the reason. Anyone have any votes on what is consider the best overall fire emblem in the series. My vote would be Gamecube.

I got gba sp when it first came out and got fire emblem and knew how great it was back then. Also got the gamecube too, but havent play the reason. Anyone have any votes on what is consider the best overall fire emblem in the series. My vote would be Gamecube.
Genealogy of the Holy War

I would not call it "decent", sure it's not the worst game on 3ds, there are much better games for under 10 bucks
That sounds like "decent" to me, a relatively recent game with art booklet and soundtrack for $8. If you decide that you really don't like the game, you can trade it into Gamestop for more than what you paid and keep the extras. The Amazon trade-in value is also more than what you paid them - lock in the trade reserve and boomerang it back to them.

That sounds like "decent" to me, a relatively recent game with art booklet and soundtrack for $8. If you decide that you really don't like the game, you can trade it into Gamestop for more than what you paid and keep the extras. The Amazon trade-in value is also more than what you paid them - lock in the trade reserve and boomerang it back to them.
Good point, besides none of these guys would even open it, let alone play it. u know sometimes I forgot where I was posting. This is CAG after all.

Most of the under 10 dollar Lego games. Like batman or lord of the ring. Rahman origin, heroes of ruin etc

Do you want me to list like 50% of 3ds game under 10 dollar?
What's your point?
No. U said there was some better games under $10. This game is like final fantasy, etc. Maybe u had 1 or 2 games that might have a better gameplay/graphics?

No. U said there was some better games under $10. This game is like final fantasy, etc. Maybe u had 1 or 2 games that might have a better gameplay/graphics?
All I said was there are better games than this pile of crap for under 10 dollars, and I listed a couple of them. Which is my opinion.
If you think this game that came out in 2016 is like final fantasy, an actually good game that was available for NES, good for you. Because that is your opinion.

SO disappointed that DQ VIII remake won't be in 3D. Since that's my sole purpose for playing the system, it's no longer of interest to me. I hate this was "stripped out (the idea, at least)"  to add visible encounters & better draw distance in the overworld, 70% of the DQ fans that have been playing this series since DW 1 or 2 (in US), hate this change, anyway. They should have had options to turn those features off if you wanted 3D, at least. They did such a great job with DQVII, I almost preordered DQ VIII through the eshop so I don't have to swap carts, and it's a long game that I didn't expect to sell or trade. Oh well, I guess I'll get it used later on, if anything (if the 3DS survives the Switch).

I don't follow this thread/prices that well, but I felt this was worth stopping in to mention: I picked up Shovel Knight for $10 at my local Walmart today, which felt like a steal. It was on a special clearance video games table along with AC: Happy Home Designer ($15), some Monster High shovelware and Wii/360/PS3/PS4 games. 

I don't follow this thread/prices that well, but I felt this was worth stopping in to mention: I picked up Shovel Knight for $10 at my local Walmart today, which felt like a steal. It was on a special clearance video games table along with AC: Happy Home Designer ($15), some Monster High shovelware and Wii/360/PS3/PS4 games.
Doesn't hurt to mention it here. Walmart clearance is very YMMV. All the stores near me show $15.00 for shovel knight 3ds.

Where is the best place to get either heart gold or soul silver? The newer pokemon games don't really interest me, but I really want to replay through those remakes. Amazon and eBay seem to have a lot of fakes for those games

Where is the best place to get either heart gold or soul silver? The newer pokemon games don't really interest me, but I really want to replay through those remakes. Amazon and eBay seem to have a lot of fakes for those games
Yep and at this point you're probably going to be risking that wherever you go through. If you can stomach the ever rising prices at GS you can at least get your hands on the cart and test it out, same if you buy locally off CL or something. Regardless it's probably best to study up on how to tell the fakes from the real ones.

Not really cheap game discussion but a copy of FE Fates SE popped up at a GS about an hr away. $70 for the game but probably close to $90 once gas/tax is considered. I'm guessing it's cart only but... you guys think it's worth it? I know it sells for a lot more, but I want to have a physical copy of all 3 games to play. 

My fear is Nintendo ends up releasing the SE again as a Nintendo Selects title... or just Revelations as a Nintendo Selects title. 

Not really cheap game discussion but a copy of FE Fates SE popped up at a GS about an hr away. $70 for the game but probably close to $90 once gas/tax is considered. I'm guessing it's cart only but... you guys think it's worth it? I know it sells for a lot more, but I want to have a physical copy of all 3 games to play.

My fear is Nintendo ends up releasing the SE again as a Nintendo Selects title... or just Revelations as a Nintendo Selects title.
Put it on hold for in store pickup and check and see if it has the bonus goodies included. If yes, than go for it. If not I would consider it if there is something else you want to do near that GameStop. If it's in the middle of nowhere I would pass

people pay 90 bucks for cart only. really need to list my 2 copies up on ebay.. got one cart and one still sealed

bread's done
Back