Cheap and Reliable GPS system?

I had a cheap GPS it was by CobraTech or something, you really get what you pay for. This thing was horrible, as it told me I was offroad because I was in the wrong lane.

assassinX I have a used TomTom One that I could sell you. It works perfectly as a GPS but unfortunately the internal speaker seems to be fading (it only works sometimes). It's still under warranty though so I can get it replaced by TomTom I'm sure. Let me know if you're interested :)

I like Garmin Nuvi's the best, They pretty much have a unit in every price point. I just got mine on Amazon and got a good deal.

I also have a tom-tom one f/s if you are interested. It has the option of downloading voices like Mr. T and Gary Busey, but I couldn't figure out how(I have a mac so maybe thats why.

compass_pocket.jpg

$24

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'm interested in a TomTom One if people are selling used ones. PM me if you are.[/quote]

I'm not selling, but I can vouch for the Tom Tom One. I got it for xmas but just used it for a drive from Rhode Island down to Raleigh, NC. It worked flawlessly. Driving with GPS makes long trips so easy. No worry's about anything just follow what the damn machine tells u to do.

I recently just purchased a refurbished garmin c330 streetpilot from buy.com. I got it earlier this week, and have been very satisfied with it, the only complaint I have with it is that it can take a minute to connect to the satelite sometimes.

I've heard the nuvi's are very nice and I see them at $149 all the time (newegg and buy.com). I've heard very mixed reviews about the tomtoms, my girlfriends father works for radioshack and told me that he has more tomtom's returned than any other gps.

just throwing in my 2 cents, heres the link for the garmin I bought btw:

http://www.buy.com/prod/garmin-stre...tem-w-preloaded-maps/q/loc/111/205583800.html

If your on a budget and looking for a good navi system, def. get the Tom Tom One, as previous posters have said. I know when I use to work for retail, they sold like hotcakes, and we all know cake > pie. :D

Amazon has it for $148, free ship, no tax.

http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-3-5-In...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211498781&sr=1-1

I personally haven't had any experience with Tom Tom's, currently use (err...never use) Magellan Maestro 3250 (pretty nice, got it free, that's why I have it. Used it twice cause I had to). Anyways, from what I am told, Tom Tom's are nice.

dude seriously i have used 3 different types of gps (a Magellan, two different tomtoms, and a Jensen) and you seriously get what you paid for. The Jensen i almost threw out the window and the Magellan is just awkward. the tomtom is the greatest gps i have ever used, it reroutes easily, i can actually use it while driving and the interface is super good

bread's done
Back