Cheap anime at FYE (updated 1/24)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Credit goes to justbarelymovin at DVDTalk who then credited grune and AOD for all the original info

Aquarian Age w/ box (vol 2 and 3 seem full price): $14.99
Angelic Layer (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Arc the Lad each vol: $7.99
Arc the Lad collection: $29.99
Aura Battler Dunbine(each volume/all on sale): $6.99???
Burn Up Excess Collection: $17.99
Casshan Robot Hunter: $9.99
Comic Party (each volume/all on sale): $9.99 - $12.99
Cosplay Complex: $7.99
City Hunter Collection 1 of either S1 or S2: $29.99
Crying Freeman Collection $14.99/$17.99
Cutey Honey:$7.99 ($19.99???)
Devil Lady: $9.99
Devil Lady complete collection: $16.99

Dirty Pair Flash collection: $14.99
Dragon Ball Z (various titles): $5.00 off
Dragon Half EA: $6.99
Eden's Bowy (sp?): $6.99 or $7.99
Excel Saga Collection: $29.99
Final Fantasy Unlimited (each volume/all on sale): $7.99
Fist of the North Star Vol. 1: $9.99
Full Metal Panic (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Genesis Climber Mospeada :$29.99
GetBackers w/ box: $14.99
Gravion Vol 1w/ box: $12.99 (each volume/all on sale) $9.99
Gravition Vol. 1: $7.99 ($9.99/$10.99???)
Vol. 2: $7.99, Vol. 3: $9.99
Grrl Power: $4.99
Gunsmith Cats Bulletproof Collection: $6.99
Happy Lesson 1-3, ova: $9.99 each
Hello Kitty's Paradise: $4.99
His and Her Circumstances (not all volumes on sale): $10.99 and $12.99 ea.
Initial D (various titles): $9.99 - $12.99
Kaleido Star (all volumes except maybe 5 & 6): $9.99 (w/ box for $14.99)
King of Bandit Jing vol. 1-4?: $9.99 (w/box $14.99)
Kino's Journey: Vol 1 w/ box: $14.99, vol 1, 2, 3, 4: $9.99
Knights of the Zodiac (each volume/all on sale): $4.99
Magical Play Complete Collection: $9.99
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Martian Successor Nadesico EA 1: $6.99
Mega Tokyo: $7.99
Megazone 23 Vol. 3: $9.99
Miami Guns (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Nadesco movie: $9.99
Nadia Secrets of Blue Water Collection 1 or 2: $16.99
Najica Blitz Tactics (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Neo Tokyo: $7.99
Neo Ranga (all vol) $9.99
Noir (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Nuku Nuku TV vol 1-4: $9.99/$10.99
Nurse Witch Komugi Vol 1: $7.99
Vol 2: $9.99

Orphen perfect collection:$29.99
Pretear (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Rahxephon (each volume/all on sale): $9.99 - $10.99
Rahxephon Movie w/ box: $14.99, w/o box: $9.99
Risky Safety vol 1: $9.99
Robotech Masters Collection: $14.99
Rune Soldier (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Saint Saiya (all volumes except maybe later ones): $6.99 - $9.99
Saiyuki (all volumes): $9.99 - $12.99
Sakura Wars OVA Collection $16.99
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal and Reflection: $9.99 ea
Slayers: The Motion Picture (Essential Anime): $6.99
Slayers Premium: $4.99
Slayers Excellent, Gorgeous, Great: $4.99 -$9.99
Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie: $4.99
Sorcerer Hunters complete collection: $17.99
Southern Cross Collection: $29.99
Soul Hunter: Complete Collection: $16.99
Steam Dectectives (each volume/all on sale): $9.99
Steel Angel Kurumi: Complete Collection: $17.99
Street Fighter Alpha the Movie: $5.99 ($19.99???)
Super Gals Vol 1 with box: $10.99
Super Milk Chan Show Vol. 1: $9.99
Vanilla Series Spotlight (hentai, didn't say price, guessing $6.99 - $9.99)
Voices of a Distant Star: $6.99
Wedding Peach Vol 1 or 2: $9.99

I've updated the list with new additions/confirmations in orange that were reported by members here. If there are any discretions, just let me know and I'll fix em. All other titles were reported by members at AOD or DVDtalk and credit goes to them.

An interesting note brought up in the thread is that you can also order titles if in store if you can't find them there. The sale price doesn't show until the cashier rings up the deal.

k tried the sale today got
gravion 1
soul hunter complete
comic party 1
how many comic party's are there? is it any good? were the other 2 boxsets i got pieces of shit? or good prices for good finds?

[quote name='cag1000']k tried the sale today got
gravion 1
soul hunter complete
comic party 1
how many comic party's are there? is it any good? were the other 2 boxsets i got pieces of shit? or good prices for good finds?[/quote]

Gravion is alright, robots chicks etc, standard anime fare. Soulhunter was pretty cool IMO, but I like that aged anime feel. Comic Part is a 4 disc set, its pretty cool. Tons of parody, and a cool mini episode per disc. It's an entertaining look at the fan comic madness in Japan. Granted it is seriously exaggerated. ^^ but it is fun.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='cag1000']k tried the sale today got
gravion 1
soul hunter complete
comic party 1
how many comic party's are there? is it any good? were the other 2 boxsets i got pieces of shit? or good prices for good finds?[/quote]

Gravion is alright, robots chicks etc, standard anime fare. Soulhunter was pretty cool IMO, but I like that aged anime feel. Comic Part is a 4 disc set, its pretty cool. Tons of parody, and a cool mini episode per disc. It's an entertaining look at the fan comic madness in Japan. Granted it is seriously exaggerated. ^^ but it is fun.[/quote]

thanx is that 4 disk set the entire series?
i spotted some final fantasy boxsets how many are there in that set? is it worth getting?
What is the most rare and desired of the list?

also how many gravions are there?(i did get it for the hot chicks)

3 vols for Gravion.

Today I finally got the chance to visit one of the two FYEs near me. Did the standard fare. Looked over the anime selection first, nothing new was put out. Walked over to the boxed sets shelves and also saw nothing new. So I went up to the cashier to order Excel Saga and Steel Angel Kurumi. Oddly, Kurumi was out of print so I wasn't able to order that. Not sure why, but I just find that so wierd. The cashier said I was able to get Excel until another cashier said that they couldn't order anything that was on sale because they were trying to clear out the stuff they weren't able to sell. So I'll try the other FYE tomorrow and hope I have better luck. That's the one that has like next to no anime so hopefully they don't know anything about the sale so I can order what I need.

[quote name='cag1000'][quote name='KingNES'][quote name='cag1000']k tried the sale today got
gravion 1
soul hunter complete
comic party 1

Gravion is alright, robots chicks etc, standard anime fare. Soulhunter was pretty cool IMO, but I like that aged anime feel. Comic Part is a 4 disc set, its pretty cool. Tons of parody, and a cool mini episode per disc. It's an entertaining look at the fan comic madness in Japan. Granted it is seriously exaggerated. ^^ but it is fun.[/quote]

thanx is that 4 disk set the entire series?
i spotted some final fantasy boxsets how many are there in that set? is it worth getting?
What is the most rare and desired of the list?

also how many gravions are there?(i did get it for the hot chicks)[/quote]

As far as the FF goes, to me it was horrid. No true relation to FF other than namesake and some very small tid bits.I would avoid it at best. Then again that is just me, so ask around with some others as well, and let them chime in also. As far as the 4 discs for comic party yes that is the whole set (Also anyone who finds a part 4 PLEASE PM me, thats the last one I need!), as far as rare and most desired, nothing is rare. everything can still be bought everywhere, As far as bang for your buck wise, I would go with Excel saga box set, crying freeman, any of the 6.99 anime essential discs (nadesico,gunsmithcats), the comic party box set, kurumi, and some of the art box sets as well. Luckily there is a ton of great anime on sale with this, and something for everyone/

I tried to order the Nadesico Anime Essential Discs and the only things that showed up in there system was the movie. I can get them for 12 at DD but would have still liked to save 15 bucks or so and not wait for shipping.

Went to Mainplace Mall, CA and got :

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal $9.99 and
Cosplay Complex $7.99

I saw a bunch of City Hunters there still!! Also a couple more Samurai X DVDs...I think I got the last Cospley Complex. I tried to order Burn Up Excess from there, but they said it wasn't in their system...oh well....Didn't see any other box sets there besides City Hunter though...

(Just as FYI: I tried to sell Bombastic for PS2 to them to see how much I would get...a measly $7.50...not worth it...so i kept it..)

Hmm, I scanned Excel Saga, but it came up as MSRP, $99. For the people that got it, was it the brickset or the multicase box set that was on sale?

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Hmm, I scanned Excel Saga, but it came up as MSRP, $99. For the people that got it, was it the brickset or the multicase box set that was on sale?[/quote]

I was under the assumption that the Imperfect Collection was all 6 individual dvds in a box?

The Imperfection collection is the 6 dvd box set, I have 2 on order now, and confirmed with specs it is a 6 dvd box set.

Got a call from my job (FYE), they said they need me for an extra hour today and my sorcerer hunter is in, and I checked the computers and they sale is until march 16 as far as I know. My excel saga should be in shortly. Good thing they have an extra phoneline in the store, guess who hooks up his laptop and goes online at work hehe.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well, my special order for Milk-chan and Slayers *finally* came in yesterday, but I'm still waiting on Kurumi... grr.[/quote]

Which FYE did you go to? And the sale is still going on, right?

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well, my special order for Milk-chan and Slayers *finally* came in yesterday, but I'm still waiting on Kurumi... grr.[/quote]

Which FYE did you go to? And the sale is still going on, right?[/quote]

It would seem as though the sale has ended, according to most of the people here, though they'll honor any special order price if you've ordered with them already. The FYE I went to is located in Oakwood Mall, in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

Eau Claire! the famous place who's Target manager sparked the Madden 2004 PC deal last January! I'm in Austin, Texas, and I was explaining to a manager down here that I knew a guy in Eau Claire, except I mispronounced it. And he corrected it, meaning he knew about it, and I was like "oh snap!!"...haha...i bet he's not a manager anymore

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Eau Claire! the famous place who's Target manager sparked the Madden 2004 PC deal last January! I'm in Austin, Texas, and I was explaining to a manager down here that I knew a guy in Eau Claire, except I mispronounced it. And he corrected it, meaning he knew about it, and I was like "oh snap!!"...haha...i bet he's not a manager anymore[/quote]

It's pronounced "yoo" claire right? At least that's what it sounds like to my ear

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']it is 'you', which was the last thing we wouldve guessed, I think we tried 'Oh', cause you know...we just didnt know any better.[/quote]

It IS 'Oh' Claire lol, the manager is the one the mispronounced it

Stopped by my local FYE today. Picked up Robotech Remastered 2 for only 9.99 and i ordered Robotech Remastered 3 for 9.99 as well. The FYE also had Robotech Remastered 4 and 5 for 9.99
I also checked the price on alot of Neon Genesis Evangelion stuff. Some of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum DVDs are on sale for 19.99 (dont remember which ones). I also checked the price on End of Evangelion. Its on sale but it is only 5 dollars off, so instead of 29.99 its 24.99

[quote name='KingNES']I got my excel set and gunsmithcats, and ordered another excel ^^[/quote]

Lucky you. I gotta go back and see if I can order anything on sale.

I really hope there are some things left over next week. I still need miami guns v4, and comic party vol 2 (I actually found it, but in a hurry I grabbed another vol 1 instead without realizing it). I'd also like crying freedom, dirty pair flash, and sorcerer hunters. I'm going to be back in MA, so I'll be hitting up all the stuff north of boston, and NH. Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone to portland, ME? I might go there (few other things to do as well), but it's a long drive if everything is gone.

Also, a friend supposedly ordered a bunch of stuff for me when the sale began, but nothing has come in yet. Should I be worried?

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I really hope there are some things left over next week. I still need miami guns v4, and comic party vol 2 (I actually found it, but in a hurry I grabbed another vol 1 instead without realizing it). I'd also like crying freedom, dirty pair flash, and sorcerer hunters. I'm going to be back in MA, so I'll be hitting up all the stuff north of boston, and NH. Just out of curiosity, has anyone gone to portland, ME? I might go there (few other things to do as well), but it's a long drive if everything is gone.

Also, a friend supposedly ordered a bunch of stuff for me when the sale began, but nothing has come in yet. Should I be worried?[/quote]

My store gets shipments of dvds new, old and special orders on every tuesday, just keep waiting and eventually it will arrive and if we have a problem getting it in Im sure the staff will give your friend a call.

I went to FYE and most of the anime I wanted was not in stock. Kudos tp the customer service in this store. Outstanding! They happily ordered every title I wanted, save one, locked in at the sale prices! One of the titles could not be found in their system.

This is one excellent sale. Thank you Sway for starting this thread and sharing this deal with the Community. :)

[quote name='hohndog']I went to FYE and most of the anime I wanted was not in stock. Kudos tp the customer service in this store. Outstanding! They happily ordered every title I wanted, save one, locked in at the sale prices! One of the titles could not be found in their system.

This is one excellent sale. Thank you Sway for starting this thread and sharing this deal with the Community. :)[/quote]

I looked long and hard (well for about 2 minutes) through the computers for the magical play collection but I couldnt find it. I was so fucking dissappointed.

[quote name='Drahken']Has anyone confirmed for sure that Aura Battler Dunbine is 6.99 each and any idea on the two boxsets?[/quote]

I know aura battler were on sale, I saw them near buffalo.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='Drahken']Has anyone confirmed for sure that Aura Battler Dunbine is 6.99 each and any idea on the two boxsets?[/quote]

I know aura battler were on sale, I saw them near buffalo.[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just picked up my order for Kino's Journey and Comic Party sets.[/quote]

Grrrrrrr :shock: :D

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just picked up my order for Kino's Journey and Comic Party sets.[/quote]

how much was the kino's journey box set? or did you buy them individually?

[quote name='Rihan'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart']it is 'you', which was the last thing we wouldve guessed, I think we tried 'Oh', cause you know...we just didnt know any better.[/quote]

It IS 'Oh' Claire lol, the manager is the one the mispronounced it[/quote]

Funny, I was just having a discussion today with a friend over how some people apparently mispronounce our town name (which I've never heard people do before), and now I come home and see this! It is indeed pronounced "oh".

Is this still going on? I've been to two of the 3 Manhattan FYE's- one was shutting down and therefore had no deals, and the second one shipped their anime out "4000 copies", according to the clerk (frankly, that store didn't look big enough to hold 4000 of anything). He also claimed it would take 4-8 weeks to come in on order (what a knob!)

The last one is at Rockefeller Center, and after all my running around and getting the subpar help, I'm not so sure I even want to bother. So if anyone knows if this is still going on, I'll give it one last shot.

I believe the sale is still going on, just YMMV on the titles available. I picked up Samurai X - The Movie DVD and Rahxephon - The Movie DVD for $11 each at FYE two days ago (suburban IL). Good luck.

picked up a GSC. Saw Comic Party v4 at babbages (still 1/2 off new anime) but passed on it as the bottom of the back insert was kinda beat

My FYE sent almost all thier anime away. I still have things on special order through them, but im skeptical that i will see them. They did have 10 ps2's in stock though, so i have an exit strategy for all my credit i have amassed.

Woot! My stuff i ordered last week just came in.

*Wonders where the order i placed a month ago is, and why that employee doesnt work there anymore...

Going a little off topic: Has anyone tried special ordering videogames? I know games like Suikoden, Lunar2, and used Valkrie Profile go for some nice and low prices and would love to get some of them.

When I tried last week however, the girls behind the counter had absolutely no idea what a 'special order' was so I couldn't do it.

bread's done
Back