Cheap Ass College

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
Ok, so right now I'm at a two-year technical school. I have a scholarship based on my credit hours and GPA, and it can only be used in South Carolina. It currently pays for all of my tuition and fees; plus a $150 book allowance.

After the Spring of 2006, I will be going to a 4-year university for my B.S. in Computer Science.

Still with me here? Now that scholarship I mentioned earlier (the LIFE scholarship) will transfer with me as long as I have 3.0 GPA and the right number of credit hours (which shouldbn't be a problem since I'm what you would call an Over-time student lol!). Once I'm at the university, it only (not trying to sound unnapreciative or anything) pays for $4700 of the tuition and the $150 book allowance. Plus I have one extra semster in Fall 2008 due to a few computer courses that have to be taken before I can take the others (Damn Prerequisites!!), but that is only part-time and is NOT covered by the LIFE scholarship because I only get the scholarship for 8 terms.

So I have been applying to other scholarships through CollegeBoard and Fastweb, but I don't even qualify for just about all of them. I do not want to take out student loans until I have done everything else I can to reduce the amount I'd have to borrow. I don't qualify for any federal grants, and my parents can't get a loan to help due to really bad credit, but I wouldn't ask them to even if they could.

I was wondering how most CAGs pay for college, aside from the obvious get a job part; I already have one its just that I can barely come up with enough for the $500 parking each semester due to medical bills and such. Maybe you guys/girls know of some websites that have scholarships for students who are already in college, are NOT a minority, and doesn't have some sort of income requirement?

Oh, and for those who have already been through college. If I were to take out a loan each year, would that count as two seperate loans or can I get it in such a way that it is just one big loan with one payment each month? Also is there such a thing as a semester loan, or are they all annual?

I think a cheap ass college section would be kinda neat. :idea:

I totally agree. I'm going to be a junior in high school soon and to go to colleges in California their are really 15k plus a year. With that, i could easily work 8 hours and be able to pay a mortgage. But, the upside is if you go to a college outside your state then you will get a pretty big discount I think.

bread's done
Back