Cheap Ass DVD burner

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
I'm looking into getting a DVD burner. It has to ba an external one so it will work with my Laptop (with windows XP if that matters). It also has to do dual layer discs too. I have looked around some sights mainly ones with stores nearby, but I was wondering if any CAGs had any recommendations before I make a purchase.

[quote name='cgpwns']I'm looking into getting a DVD burner. It has to ba an external one so it will work with my Laptop (with windows XP if that matters). It also has to do dual layer discs too. I have looked around some sights mainly ones with stores nearby, but I was wondering if any CAGs had any recommendations before I make a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Get an internal DVD burner and an enclosure with a USB (or more preferred, FireWire) connection. It's cheaper than buying a straight out external drive. For the burner, I'd go with the NEC 3520A. It's been known to work pretty good even with low quality DVD media and it works for both +R/-R as well as the RWs.

I'm looking for one as well so keep the ideas coming...

the case and dvd burner seperate sounds like best deal but most hassle
I'll look into it

I got that Lite-on one from Circuit City today for $110 and 50 blank DVD+r for $15 at Office Max. Both were tax free because they counted as school supplies. I successfully burnt a disc that works on my first try. :)

bread's done
Back