Cheap Ass Gamer at E3 2011

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview]

Wombat might be busy, but CheapyD and Shipwreck will be representing CAG at E3 this year. We are going to be seeing a ton of stuff and you can hear about it all via the boxes below or on Twitter. If you are in LA, come to our party on Wednesday night![/preview]:

Mini-podcasts LIVE from LA (mini-podcasts - subscribe on iTunes)
[audioboo]http://audioboo.fm/tag/e311cag.atom[/audioboo]

Twitter
[e3twitter=cheapassgamer]cagcast[/e3twitter]

Latest Photos
[flickrslide=cheapyd]72157626876018414[/flickrslide]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shipwreck']It's like being there![/QUOTE]
Except not. And more lonely. And less fun. And with much more jealousy and disappointment.

FYI. . .

Schedule (All Times PST):

6/6/11
9:30 AM XBox 360: The Future Revealed - Microsoft Press Conference (Spike or GT.com)
12:30 PM Gamechangers: EA 2011 - Electronic Arts Press Conference (Spike or GT.com)
2:30 PM Ubisoft Press Conference (GT.com)
5 PM Sony Press Conference (GT.com) and Konami Press Conference (GT.com)

6/7/11
8:30 AM Nintendo Press Conference (GT.com)

Spike and GT.com have started covering pre-show discussion, live interviews, demos, trailers, etc but most of the good stuff won't kick off til Monday.

More Details Here

[quote name='Jodou']FYI. . .

6/6/11
9:30 AM XBox 360: The Future Revealed - Microsoft Press Conference (Spike or GT.com)
12:30 PM Gamechangers: EA 2011 - Electronic Arts Press Conference (Spike or GT.com)

6/7/11

Spike and GT.com have started covering pre-show discussion, live interviews, demos, trailers, etc but most of the good stuff won't kick off til Monday.

More Details Here[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the schedule - I've been putting one together here, but some of the info is contradictory (otherwise known as: "Well, I can't make sense of it.").

[quote name='Jodou']FYI. . .

6/6/11

6/7/11

More Details Here[/QUOTE]

wait they are showing this tuff live on tv? I wanna see the ms confrence but no way in hell am i waking up at 9:30 unless I get a free xbox 361

[quote name='Ltor']wait they are showing this tuff live on tv? I wanna see the ms confrence but no way in hell am i waking up at 9:30 unless I get a free xbox 361[/QUOTE]
Yes, M$ and EA will both be live on Spike, so you can either DVR it or just catch a stream afterward on GameTrailers.

[quote name='Ltor']no way in hell am i waking up at 9:30 unless I get a free xbox 361[/QUOTE]

MS is unveiling the XBox 361?!

What a scoop!

sounds like exciting television. Monday will be action packed with ms not announcing a new xbox AND apple not announcing a new iphone ALL ON THE SAME DAY! Good stuff...

icKaXW.gif

yo cheapy d and shipwreck you 2 need to make sure that cheapyd brings his 3ds and shipwreck make sure you bring your 3ds games because i want to know what you think about oot 3ds.im tired of nintendo rehashing the sos but i cant help but be curious about how a portable oot would be as well as what the extras theyd add would be too ( like maybe the shark will be alive in this one)

Someone that goes to the Microsoft event needs to wear one of those stupid light-up towels they made people wear to the Kinect event last year.

@CheapyD - borrow one from somebody. STAT!

I will probably watch the Microsoft conference on Xbox Live later since I have to work all day plus I don't have cable or satellite at home nor access to a computer at work posting from my phone.

I hope to catch the Sony conference streaming on Home when I get home from work.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']"Cheapy D means... hey guys, CheapyD."

Lol, never gets old.[/QUOTE]
That was hilarious, wasn't it? LOL

Took the day off for this. Very excited and hoping for some cool stuff today! Anyone know if Square-Enix will be showing/announcing things today?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow the Ubi presentation sure started off cheesy ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah the ubisoft conference is pretty weak so far.

Not sure which is more shocking, how fucking awesome Rayman 3 looked or that someone just said dick during an E3 conference ;) After how family oriented MS was it really caught me off guard ;)

So far I say Ubisoft has hands down had the best showing. Rayman and Farcry 3 look very interesting and cool. I know Mass Effect 3 and BF2 were probally the bigger games, but for originality and interesting trailers Ubi has taken the cake.

OMG this is the looooongest most boring trailer ever. I am assuming this is the newest Ghost Recon game and I know others like these...but Christ I hate these types of games and they make for boring trailers.

Edit - Arggg after a 20 min Ghost Recon trailer....they show another Ghost Recon trailer!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it that Ubisoft manages to make me not give a shit about anythng they make during thier anuual E3 presser? Lamest presenters/presentations ever. They actually make that creepy bastard from the MS presser look good.

I want a screencap of the spikey beard frenchy guy. Im sure his face is on some sex offender list somewhere.

On a side not... Whats the over/under on the UBI presser getting the most heat for bleeps not getting done in time? So far I have heard 5 shits and 3 fucks from them.

[quote name='Spyder187']I want a screencap of the spikey beard frenchy guy. Im sure his face is on some sex offender list somewhere.

On a side not... Whats the over/under on the UBI presser getting the most heat for bleeps not getting done in time? So far I have heard 5 shits and 3 fucks from them.[/QUOTE]

It may be really corny and even boring at times, but they are showing how a press conference should be done IMO. It is tolerable to us gamers and has shown some serious games like Rayman, Farcry and Ghost Recon while at the same time dumbing stuff down for the media to be able to understand and showing casual games all the time.

Very smart, they hit you with 2 or so casual games then 2 or so hardcore.

Gametrailers has nailed their feed which has streamed flawlessly, but has done a horrible job with commentary. They really blew MS when everyone thought they sucked and now are making fun of Ubisoft which so far I have seen mostly positive comments about.

I would really like to try the ME3 voice command stuff. Would really like if I didnt have to buy a $150 microphone too.

Cheapyd said too much Halo but he is ok with cod which is more rehashed. This is the first real Halo game since 2007.

So...If Microsoft was going to announce any price drops, would it have been today? Think they'll try and steal some thunder away from Nintendo tomorrow?

bread's done
Back