Cheap Ass Gamer E3 2011 Party - Wednesday, 6/8 at Broadway Bar

Oh man, I made plans with a friend to go, but he gets home from work after 8:00pm. The line is going to be a nightmare for us.

Super excited for this party, but the fact that there's 700 people who RSVPd in a 350 capacity building makes me think I'll have a hard time getting in :(

Oh man! I missed last year. I know I am not well known around the site but I'd like to attend. I mean, I'll be subwaying it through the area to and from work anyway and I'd like to meet some folks... What are the chances I can get in If I get there around 8pm? Lol

are we gonna have a super special secret handshake like last time, or is the mere mention of the coupon train good enough to let ppl know that you're a cag?
xD

[quote name='Agent 0017']are we gonna have a super special secret handshake like last time, or is the mere mention of the coupon train good enough to let ppl know that you're a cag?
xD[/QUOTE]

I assume they'll make a list from the FB pre-regs. If not, the fact that people are lining up for free booze proves they're at least 2/3s of a CAG.

[quote name='jantzn']I assume they'll make a list from the FB pre-regs. If not, the fact that people are lining up for free booze proves they're at least 2/3s of a CAG.[/QUOTE]

precisely this, last time it was like 800 ppl rsvp'd and only 500 showed, so i'm guessing this will pan out about the same...
in for 2...
see ya'll there...

I posted on the event wall, but for those that may or may not read it, and read this more often...

Please be careful on the night of. The area around the Convention Center as well as Staples' Center is always LITTERED with police. There will likely be checkpoints as well as increased CHP patrols on freeways pulling people over merely on suspicion of speeding. If you're not within walking distance of the bar, then try to arrange cabs or a DD.

No one wants their fun spoiled by the LAPD/California State Highway Patrol.

[quote name='redshadow']Please be careful on the night of. The area around the Convention Center as well as Staples' Center is always LITTERED with police. There will likely be checkpoints as well as increased CHP patrols on freeways pulling people over merely on suspicion of speeding.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I just left the Ubisoft party 30 minutes ago and didn't see any LAPD anywhere. Streets were barren.

Gonna put a YMMV on this one. =) Though admittedly, a little after midnight is fairly early.

Of course being responsible is a solid idea no matter what. Always good to be aware and prepare (damn, that's a terrible rhyme).

This totally feels like the star wars lineup in anticipation of episode I. I will be happily chatting and waiting in line to get in. Be on the lookout for cancermatt :)

honestly, i say metro centers or anywhere else that's not parking around the lacc, it's way too messy; and it runs most of the night, and will be cheaper that parking... go look it up on www.metro.net/ and show that you are truly a cag... you'd avoid the fuzz running wild on you, and if you refuse to pay that extra 3 dollars to get that game on a gamefly sale, but have no qualms about paying 10 for a hole in the wall parking spot 3 streets away from the lacc, then you, my fellow cag, are doing it wrong...

[quote name='Agent 0017']honestly, i say metro centers or anywhere else that's not parking around the lacc, it's way too messy; and it runs most of the night, and will be cheaper that parking... go look it up on www.metro.net/ and show that you are truly a cag... you'd avoid the fuzz running wild on you, and if you refuse to pay that extra 3 dollars to get that game on a gamefly sale, but have no qualms about paying 10 for a hole in the wall parking spot 3 streets away from the lacc, then you, my fellow cag, are doing it wrong...[/QUOTE]

I'd agree, but this is Downtown LA we're talking about. So safety > $ in this instance my friend.

See you guys there!

I made plans to go with a friend, but he says he doesn't want to get there early. I'm really worried how bad the line is going to be.

I believe the line will be super bad. I'm out. I'm going to one where I know I can get in without waiting over an hour just to do so.

you guys are thinking of skid row... and that's on the other side of town, by 2nd and 3rd... though the reviews of the place lead you to believe that there are classier joints around; i personally found last years' spot, the golden gopher, rather quaint and worthy of the l.a. noire authenticity award, had a strong speakeasy vibe to it...
anywho, i'm otw there, so see ya' crazy kids down there!

[quote name='jantzn']First in line. There's a bunch of cops investigating a trash can explosion up the street.[/QUOTE]
yeah, my buddy just told me about that, it was on 4th and broadway so i'm almost expecting delays around the area...

Sad I didn't make it - called onto a rush project and was up producing until...oh, about NOW. Didn't even get to E3 on Wednesday, so I made them pay for it.

GRR! No one had better call me for work today.

It was a really nice party. Thanks for throwing it, Cheapy! I think I saw Shipwreck there, not sure. You both were involved in a conversation so I did not want to bother you.

After the party, I somehow wound up at the World of Tanks party because my friend had some business to do there. What a strange night.

[quote name='jantzn']First in the door, first on the floor.

Great meeting Cheapy, CancerMatt, those two guys from Pennsylvania and one from Jersey, that random group of Asian guys (and 1 girl) I helped grab drinks for (and ordered a Vodka/redbull instead of a Vodka/tonic- my bad), and everyone else who accepted my GamerBlockParty.com (GamerEventsLA.com) business cards.

Infinitely better than the Kotaku party at the same place last year. CAG really is a great community.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you were the one handing out those cards. I was sitting with some friends at a booth right by the DJ. I think I had a bit too much to drink at that point to really know what the card was all about! lol.

[quote name='Quintessence']Ah, you were the one handing out those cards. I was sitting with some friends at a booth right by the DJ. I think I had a bit too much to drink at that point to really know what the card was all about! lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figure if Cheapy hosts something next year I could bring down the video game party bus we have for a tournament or something.

Was a good time! I had a hangover at E3... but it was nice having a drunk convo w/ Shipwreck.

I've given him a lot of shit in the past - but he's a nice guy. Much respect gained!

This was my 3rd E3 party of the night. Props to CheapyD for an awesome event! N3rds, Geeks, girls galore thanks for taking pictures of me & my sonic hat.

Thanks again for the party, only had a few beers because I had to drive back home to Santa Monica, but definitely had fun. I went solo, but ended up meeting quite a few interesting people including a guy that tried to set me up with a lesbian. It didn't work out so well since she is a lesbian and I'm married. Saw a few people get carried out of the place, also at some point during the night the painting at the entrance to the men's bathroom disappeared.

I got a chance to briefly thank you guys for the party near the end of the night when the place emptied out. I was the guy in the blue shirt that asked Shipwreck what his game of show was on my way out, but I'm sure you guys had a lot of people coming up to you that night.

Yeah, i saw some dude puke on the floor near the first floor bar. Come on dude, make sure you can hold your liquor before going to an open bar event.

[quote name='dan13l858']Yeah, i saw some dude puke on the floor near the first floor bar. Come on dude, make sure you can hold your liquor before going to an open bar event.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed that. My "on the floor" comment referred to dropping my cellphone and having to scrounge for the battery. I'm really looking forward to next year.

Soldiers of the cheap, my fellow CAGs. :applause: I look forward to next year.

[quote name='jantzn']First in the door, first on the floor.

Great meeting Cheapy, CancerMatt, those two guys from Pennsylvania and one from Jersey, that random group of Asian guys (and 1 girl) I helped grab drinks for (and ordered a Vodka/redbull instead of a Vodka/tonic- my bad), and everyone else who accepted my GamerBlockParty.com (GamerEventsLA.com) business cards.

Infinitely better than the Kotaku party at the same place last year. CAG really is a great community.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping us order those drinks! A couple people from the group got pretty faded by the end of the night.

If the guy who spilled the beer outside and then exclaimed "I'm fat" is in here, I just want to let you know that that comment made my night. It was totally one of those "had to be there" moments, but it was just insanely funny.

Great party, I had more fun than at the Frag Dolls one :)

[quote name='Cheska19']If the guy who spilled the beer outside and then exclaimed "I'm fat" is in here, I just want to let you know that that comment made my night. It was totally one of those "had to be there" moments, but it was just insanely funny.

Great party, I had more fun than at the Frag Dolls one :)[/QUOTE]

I saw that happen. It was pretty funny.

[quote name='nddave']Sounds like fun.
One of these years i will be able to come[/QUOTE]

Me to

[quote name='batman1939']Posted 05/21/11

Posted 07/07/11

47 days to make a joke about a party that was last month. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I was not making a joke :)

bread's done
Back