Cheap Ass Movie Poster Frames?

Nomar1245

CAGiversary!
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where to get cheap movie poster frames. I don't need anything too fantastic, I'd just rather not puncture my new posters. I got some 27 x 40's and 8 x 11's. They are all signed and I don't want to mess them up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Wal-mart has a 27x40 movie poster frame for ~$20. It's the one with tonna-photographs placeholder, with the option to take that out and use it for a movie poster.

I wasn't too happy with that price, though. I just passed on buying it yesterday. If there's nothing cheaper/better, I'll be going back to get one.

Also: Walgreens has 33% off all their movie poster, but they only advertise as going up to 24x36 (which after discount is about $8.50)

Tagging this thread, as I'm looking for one for my X-Men: The Last Stand poster. I believe it's 30x40, and I'm not having any luck finding a frame for it.

Try Michaels if you have one locally. They usually have poster frames on sale. I think I spent $14.99 on mine for a standard movie poster size. I now have the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" poster hanging right over my bead. Looks creepy there too!

nightmaredv7.jpg

http://www.michaels.com

[quote name='valor19']Try Michaels if you have one locally. They usually have poster frames on sale. I think I spent $14.99 on mine for a standard movie poster size. I now have the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" poster hanging right over my bead. Looks creepy there too!

http://www.michaels.com[/QUOTE]

I have 4 or 5 of the frames from Michaels. For the price, they look great. Unfortunately, I've had 2 or 3 of them fall off the wall because the clips that hold the wire broke. This hasn't happened with all of them, just a few. I was able to take some of them back because I hadn't had them that long, but one of them broke after the time I could take it back.

I've got the 27x40 size frames in my basement, but a lot of my posters are only 24x36. To fill in the empty area, my wife got some black PVC to go behind the posters (she works at a sign shop). I've used it on a couple of my posters that I've got hanging. I can take some pictures if you are interested.

If you've got an Ikea nearby, they've got several ways to go, most at better prices than if you go to Wally World or a craft store.

http://www.frameusa.com/

Another option for 1-sheet sized Movie Poster frames, or the 11x17 mini-reproductions that are popular now too.

I recommend you not cheap out with the cardboard backed ones as they warp easily, but the particle board backed ones aren't much more expensive, and they dont warp as easily.

[quote name='HeadRusch']http://www.frameusa.com/

Another option for 1-sheet sized Movie Poster frames, or the 11x17 mini-reproductions that are popular now too.

I recommend you not cheap out with the cardboard backed ones as they warp easily, but the particle board backed ones aren't much more expensive, and they dont warp as easily.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this place has a $50 minimum, and they will charge you an extra $15 if you don't buy at least $100 of merch

thanks for all the great ideas. I'll be checking out Michael's and Ikea.

However, I will never go to a Wal-Mart again. The openly admitted to practicing age distrimination when they wouldnt let me use my credit car in a recent visit.

Anyone know a good place in or close to NYC to get an overized frame? 36x48?

Michaels with their 50% off sale quoted me @ $160.

I considered just making a poster sandwich with acrylic sheets but it seems that acrylic warps and is just as expensive when you hit the 36x48 mark.

[quote name='spidey']Anyone know a good place in or close to NYC to get an overized frame? 36x48?

Michaels with their 50% off sale quoted me @ $160.

I considered just making a poster sandwich with acrylic sheets but it seems that acrylic warps and is just as expensive when you hit the 36x48 mark.[/QUOTE]

What frame?!?! I have seen 24 x 36 frames on sale for $15 so I can't imagine a frame of similar material (but twice the size @ 36x48) should cost more than $50. Maybe it was a wood frame? Maybe a frame that size is uncommon? $160 is absurd.

[quote name='valor19']What frame?!?! I have seen 24 x 36 frames on sale for $15 so I can't imagine a frame of similar material (but twice the size @ 36x48) should cost more than $50. Maybe it was a wood frame? Maybe a frame that size is uncommon? $160 is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Michaels considers the size to be "oversize" and that is when everything starts getting expensive. The frame that I quoted was to be metal which is even cheaper than wood and it still came out to $160 (after the discount). So any day of the week when they didn't set up the 50% off custom framing promotion, I would be charged ~$320 for a 36x48.

bread's done
Back