Cheap Ass Windows 7?

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi everyone, as the topic title implies, I'm searching for a cheap ass copy of Windows 7. According to my friend, I need the whole edition instead of just the upgrade because I'm going from Windows XP -> Windows 7 rather than Vista to 7. I am a college student, and yes I'm aware I missed out on the $30 Windows 7 that ended in January. But, is their any student discount still available that isn't as steep as MSRP ($200 :( ).

No, you can still use the upgrade version if you have XP. Only difference is that people who upgrade from Vista get to do the easier upgrade that doesn't require a clean install. XP on the other hand, you do need to do a clean install.

Also, take a look at your college bookstore. They should sell them pretty cheap. I know a couple of years ago I got Vista Ultimate for about $35 at mine. And if you're a computer science/engineer major, and your school is part of MSDN, then you can probably even get it for free.

So I have to reformat my computer again when I install Windows 7 from XP? I guess I'll load my files onto my spare 2 TB harddrive and then install Windows 7 to my other harddrive, and then everything will be nice!

Yeah, you can upgrade, but it needs to be a clean install. Which is actually the best way to do it.

Definitely check out your bookstore and see if they're selling it, I was able to get 1 copy of Windows 7 Pro for $29.99+tax.

I actually bought full retail versions by calling the MS Store and giving them my edu email address. They charged 65.60 total with tax.

[quote name='eddie291']And if you're a computer science/engineer major, and your school is part of MSDN, then you can probably even get it for free.[/QUOTE]
MSDN ftw!

Granted being a CS major is why I have it, but you should def check with your school if you're in school...

1248003281801s_1_.jpg

But really, I have no idea where to find a discount on Win 7. It's kind of like super-msrp: it never goes down!!!

[quote name='iHack']MSDN ftw!

Granted being a CS major is why I have it, but you should def check with your school if you're in school...[/QUOTE]

This!!! Or as mentioned above check the school book store

bread's done
Back