Cheap Games at Gamestop

[quote name='Chronis']LMAO @ State of Emergency being $1.49. That must be the cheapest non-Madden game they have.[/quote]

Hahah

Unfortunately it's $1.48 too expensive.

[quote name='Chronis']LMAO @ State of Emergency being $1.49. That must be the cheapest non-Madden game they have.[/quote]

I sort of liked that game... mindless shooters can be fun at times.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hahah

Unfortunately it's $1.48 too expensive.[/quote]

Give it two weeks. and Im sure Vampire Rain Altered Species for the PS3 will be way cheaper...

MGS2 has been like that for at least 5 months now, picked it up perfect condition :)

Also, Vampire Rain SUCKS; blood.

^^I would totaly buy XIII for a dollar. And then stack edge and the Sony coupon for, what, 65 cents?

seriously, I hope one lucky CAG totally gets an awesome pricing mistake and gets Final Fantasy XIII for the price of XIII.

[quote name='Ecto311']I think its just as serious as the people who think $10 off a $60 game is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Zing! Well put. But then again, the determination of "value" in the world of video games is pretty hard to lock down.

$10 off a 60 game would be a great deal if it's something you have been eagerly anticipating for quite some time. Of course, the game could sit on shelves and drop and drop in value until no one wants it. Then the last copies get clearanced out or returned to the distributor.

Then, sometime in the next few years a bunch of people will go looking for the game and it's impossible to find thus driving the cost back up sky high on a game nobody wanted.

.....yeah, I used to be a GS manager and had nothing better to do than watch those trends.

Now I can't stop staring at the list wondering why the OP decided to post links to a bunch of PS2 games with no explanation. It's like some clandestine puzzle. If I hear the name Robert Langdon I quit.

Judging by the high pageviews of this thread and general lack of responses, most people entered with curiosity and left with disappointment.

[quote name='Caliburn']Judging by the high pageviews of this thread and general lack of responses, most people entered with curiosity and left with disappointment.[/quote]

There are different kinds of cheap.
1-5$ last gen old games cheap.
And then there are 10-25$ current gen cheap.

Its safe to say many people thought the latter.There are different kinds of cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ecto311']I think its just as serious as the people who think $10 off a $60 game is a great deal.[/quote]

People use CAG for different reasons.

Some people only buy games on clearance or after significant price drops.

Some people want to buy the newest games, but want to pay the cheapest price possible at that point. Even if that means just 5 bucks off, that is what they want and that is what they are looking for.

There is no right or wrong way. A 'great deal' always has been and always will be in the eye of the beholder.

I'm disappointed as most of these prices havn't changed. Post if your posting a specific price drop, rare find, not some random crappy games

What no xbox love? ... "(Some of the) Cheap (PS2) Games at Gamestop (not the best, not the rarest and not the cheapest but an odd mix for no apparent reason)"

I'd recommend Whiplash, especially at that price. There's a lot of charm in this game, even if the camera sucks and it's sometimes way too easy to get lost in the environments. The main characters are well written/acted, and it's got a cool take on the traditional platform game. Lots of destruction and humor here....well worth spending a few hours on.

The OP is new, so he was obviously just trying to add. Thanks for the effort, brother. It's more than we see from the lurkers, folks trying to be funny, and people who just look to constantly complain.

These kind of topics are always popping up. Someone should just start a big thread of cheap games at GameStop. Some of them are really good deals, even if the game isn't great. State of Emergency was a fun time killer. Certainly not a classic and not something I would have paid full retail for, but hell, at a buck and change, you can't really go wrong.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hahah

Unfortunately it's $1.48 too expensive.[/quote]

Second'd. It was the last game I actually pre-ordered, before throwing down a complete PO for Mercs 2 for PS3 recently. Anymore, I usually let the hype machine die and the reviews from those who have played the games come out before I buy or I just do the usual CAG thing and wait for them to hit clearance. :D

The only game(s) I've bought at or near retail in the past 3-4 years were: The Godfather(2 disc one for Xbox) for $40 and GTA IV Limited Edition from Wally World at the midnight release for full price.

Mind you, Manhunt is a decent game and well worth $5 used, as long as you can find it complete and have it not look like it was gnawed on before being traded in.

bread's done
Back