Cheap movie posters and frames?

CrimGhost

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a place that sells good quality movie posters and frames for a reasonable price. The posters are for a new media room, that's why I'm trying to cut costs. Anybody with a similiar set up know a cheap poster and framing website?

Allposters.com has tons of prints/posters/fabic prints. Some of the posters and prints can be vaule framed for $49.99. Art.com has some posters to, with way better framing but it tends to run around $120+. Though frames of any sort arn't really cheap with boarders added, your best bet may be to just see if Allposters.com offers vaule frames for what you are looking for.

As someone that has had similar problems finding good posters and frames, I've found that eBay has good deals on movie posters, especially if you buy a lot at a time and save on shipping. You just have to make sure that the poster is in good shape.

As far as frames go, you can go the expensive route listed above to go to FYE and get frames. I've found frames there for 15 bucks each, but they are the crappy frames that pull apart from all four sides, which actually makes it quite easy to change out posters. If you don't plan on changing them out, Wal-Mart has decent frames for 16 or 17 bucks a piece. Just make sure to get the dimensions of the posters. Authentic movie posters are 27X40 which is harder to find than the reprints (22x32 or something like that)

At $90 (or less if you buy several), these frames are not the cheapest. But the benefit is that you can swap posters out easily rather than buying a frame for every poster. You mount the frame onto your wall and you can swap out posters without taking down the frame. Each panel of the frame flips out and then snaps back into place once you swap out the poster. The site also has coupons if you sign up for their e-mail.

http://www.htmarket.com/qusnmopofr.html

They come with a clear plastic overlay and changing posters takes just a minute or two.

Befriend someone in the movie theatre business, because trust me, I get so many extra posters for every film sent to me that I end up throwing out dozens of them every week. (and before anyone asks, I neither have the time nor the energy not the means to ship them out so I'm not going to start sending them to people free or not)

bread's done
Back