Cheap Mp3 Player?

classact

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I run a landscaping company, and had a ipod nano 1gb, was perfect for me, cause all I listen to is podcast at work, the other day Screen cracked and wont power on, so Now in the market for another mp3 player, I have looked on ebay and craig's list for ipod's but seem a bit pricy for something Im gonna be using at work. Just looking for something to get the job done, thats easy to update every day with podcasts, and wont break.

Buy.com has a *Recertified* Black SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player 1GB for $15 (free shipping).

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for the Sansa Clip. My mom got one as a free gift with something and it's pretty nice for such a cheap basic player.

[quote name='stryker']Buy.com has a *Recertified* Black SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player 1GB for $15.[/QUOTE]

Damnit,I just got a refurb yesterday for $25.

DAMN YOU,FATE!

But thanks, though.I tend to break mp3 players, so I'm always looking for links to cheap ones.

[quote name='stryker']Buy.com has a *Recertified* Black SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player 1GB for $15.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now that its getting warmer out Ill need another MP3 player. Good price.

I think im gonna go with it, I did a quick google search on getting non Ipod's sync's up to Itunes, anyone have any luck with that.

Edit: Hows the battery life on these?

Thanks again for the help

As fars as I know you can't sync it with itunes. The sansa's don't read protected aac files, in fact I think only ipods read protected aac files. I personally use Media Monkey for my music management.

The battery life on these is excelent, although I do charge mine just about everyday.

Have you bought any music on iTunes? Want to listen to those while working outside? Or, have you set up all your podcast on iTunes and you don't feel like migrating to another media player?

Then you're pretty much stuck with an Ipod. The new Shuffles are pretty cheap, at $80 for 4gb, but you don't get a screen, and you're kinda stuck with the official apple headphones (the volume control in on the headphone wire). The new Nano are pretty cool too, but that will set you back a nice $150 for 8gb.

My suggestion if you need an Ipod is to search around for a deal online, maybe even consider getting yourself a refurbished model. If you don't have a lot of itunes track, or you bought the unprotected stuff, then I suggest looking at the players made by Sansa or Creative. But going with a non-Ipod means you can't use Itunes for those, unless you find hack/software to force itunes to recognize and sync with the player (and I haven't heard of anything like that personally).

Another recommendation for the Sansa Clip. I found that Walmart usually has pretty good prices on Sansa players. I actually got a Clip about two weeks ago to supplement my iPod Classic. The 8gb was only $50. It won't sync with iTunes, but there are some pretty good alternatives floating around the interwebs.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Have you bought any music on iTunes? Want to listen to those while working outside? Or, have you set up all your podcast on iTunes and you don't feel like migrating to another media player?

Then you're pretty much stuck with an Ipod. The new Shuffles are pretty cheap, at $80 for 4gb, but you don't get a screen, and you're kinda stuck with the official apple headphones (the volume control in on the headphone wire). The new Nano are pretty cool too, but that will set you back a nice $150 for 8gb.

My suggestion if you need an Ipod is to search around for a deal online, maybe even consider getting yourself a refurbished model. If you don't have a lot of itunes track, or you bought the unprotected stuff, then I suggest looking at the players made by Sansa or Creative. But going with a non-Ipod means you can't use Itunes for those, unless you find hack/software to force itunes to recognize and sync with the player (and I haven't heard of anything like that personally).[/quote]

I personally don't know anything about iTunes, but I do know that there is software out there that will convert protected .aac's into .mp3's. I'd avoid the whole thing altogether starting now though, I'm strickly using Rhapsody

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']What about cheap drag-and-drop MP3 players?[/QUOTE]

Those Sansa players (clip,e250, 60,80 etc) can be switched between MTP (sync) and MSC (Drag and drop).

Dirt cheap,and good players to boot. I love my clip.

Outside of Apple, both Sansa and Creative (especially the older Hard Drive players) get's my vote for affordable mp3 players, hands down. I have the Creative Zen:M 30gb model, and I've loving it ever since I bought it during my sophomore year of College. For working out/doing physical labor, I'd usually default to my lil Sansa Fuze 4gb. Both have built in radio, recording capabilities, seemless integration with Winamp (my media player of choice), and for the Fuze, its memory is expandable. And a big feature for me: glowing blue lights on the interface :D

And, and the added bonus to Creative players is that the company is known for it's sound chips/processing devices. And a lot of that technology found it's way to thier mp3 players, giving them superb sound production and what not. CNet did an article on this roughly 2 years ago, but I seem to not find it right now...

I'm not saying that the Apple stuff is mostly overpriced and overrated (which they are, imo), I just prefer those two companies.

I was in need of a small MP3 clip and ordered the Sansa clip after everyone's acclaim for it. Thanks for the sharing of info.

Clip. It's amazing. I have a 2gb one and I love it. I felt bad replacing it with my touch-screen Sony 16gb...but it was just time.

Clip has FM radio, can record from FM, has good sound quality, good enough battery life. And it's portable like the iPod Shuffle. Can't really lose unless you're looking for something that plays video...

[quote name='SpitFire158']Looking for one also so bump[/QUOTE]
Keep checking woot. They get refurb Sansas all the time. I've bought 4 or 5 off of them and they all work great.

My Sansa Clip has a fucked up head phone spot so if you move too much it screws up a lot.

However the model is at least 1-2 years old so they probably fixed that.

bread's done
Back